April Menu and Meal Plan going forward (Important note for NPC's)

Thorgrim

Artisan
Hello everyone. I just want to give some updates on April's meal plan and the future of the meal plan going forward. Cynder (Karlee) and I will be running the tavern this year and providing breakfasts and dinners.

April's meal plan will be $15. This will be going up to $20 starting in June at Jesse's new site. The reason for the price increase is that we don't have the same cooking facilities at the new site, so I have purchased a very nice, very expensive custom smoker to cook BBQ. We will also have to operate off of all disposable dishware and we are more limited in the types of dishes we can cook/serve which will increase costs.

Additionally there will now be a $5 charge for full time NPC's who wish to have a meal plan. This is still well below our food costs, but we needed a way to not lose too much money on NPC meals, and we did not think it would be fair to charge PC's more to cover the NPCs. There will be an option for NPC meal plan on the website and on the pre-reg form. NPC's must pre-register and select a meal plan in order to be fed at the event!

There will still be a $10 dinner only option as well.

We will always try to have both a vegetarian and gluten free option for all meals. I can't guarantee that we can accommodate additional dietary restrictions. If you have allergies or other restrictions feel free to reach out to me and I will be glad to discuss options with you.

April Menu

Breakfast 1:
Pancakes (was originally french toast)
Scrambled Eggs
Bacon

Dinner:
Baked Ziti

Breakfast 2:
Breakfast casserole

In addition to food we will also be providing drinks for the tavern.

Volunteer Staff:

We would really love to have more PC's help us around the tavern, especially for serving and cleaning up as well as serving drinks during non meal hours, so we don't have to rely on our already overworked full time NPC's. We're working to provide better incentives for PC's who work the tavern, so in addition to the normal goblin stamps you would get for a volunteer shift, we are discussing additional pay for tavern staff in addition to any tips you make. YES YOU WILL GET TO KEEP TIPS!

If you have any questions/comments feel free to email me at Tavern@alliancedenver.com.

Last edited:
Josh, Karleee, I am REALLY excited about having y'all take over tavern service! I had the pleasure to dine at their home a few months ago, and it was one of the most delicious meals I can recall. I think this is going to be a delicious experience!

Directed publicly to Jesse as our game owner and decision maker, I wish to express my objection to any charge whatsoever to our NPCs for their experience, including food. My objection is not about how much -- it's about any charge to them at all. Volunteering is fortunately not a thankless job in our chapter since our players are really great about expressing their gratitude to our NPCs. It is a tiring job, we all know. Our game puts a lot of effort into recruiting our NPCs and keeping them happy in their experience.

I urge the game strongly please to reconsider this choice, and keep NPCing totally free for our volunteers! Let's put our heads together and find another way to manage costs.

Thank you,
Trace

I love this meal plan! Looking forward to it!

I would like to agree with Trace on this. I would love to keep food free for our NPCs as much as possible. Is there a way to assist with this?

Will the main website be updated with the NPC meal plan cost, or should we just work with logistics at event for this one?

-Dan, full-time NPC dude

Website should be updated soon with the new NPC payment option.

An anonymous benefactor just donated $50 to pay for the first 10 NPCs to pre-reg to have their meal plans covered for April.

I want to give a great big hug of thanks to the donor who did that - it's extremely cool of you!!

I am still eager to hear from Jesse on the long-term issue, and his take on whether or not it's appropriate for the game itself to pick up this cost for our volunteers going forward.

Thank you!
Trace

Mike Paxton, is it safe to assume right now that while we figure this out long-term, the generosity of anonymous benefactors will cover NPCs for the April event at least right now? And our interested NPCs should go ahead and pre-register at http://i-moriarty.com/alliance/ and not worry about the $5 just yet?

Thanks,
Trace

Yeah that is correct for April. We are still looking for a plan going forth past this month.

Josh, what hours will mealtimes be served?

Thanks,
Trace

For those who may have dietary restrictions, how did they contact you to see what options there maybe? I'm going to put it on the floor

Anyone with special restrictions can email me at tavern@alliancedenver.com. If we don't have a meal plan option that fits your needs, we're pretty flexible if you want to give us something to cook for you as long as it is not too complicated. We can also make sure there is fridge space if you need to store your own food.

Currently we are offering a gluten free and a vegetarian option with all meals. Starting in May we are going to be doing some variety of BBQ for each dinner so there will typically be a keto option as well, and it's easy enough for us to do keto for breakfast with some bacon and eggs. This event however we don't have a keto dinner option unless you just want salad only, so anyone on keto will need to contact me if they want to talk about meal plan options.

Back