April (Mirror, Mirror) Event Favorites

beboped

Rogue
Marshal
I had a really great event all around, there was tons of incredible roleplay, some great fights, a handful of excellent mysteries and oh the feels.

-Ashok's Needs of the many moment. And so appropriate given the event title.

-Resurrections: giving, receiving, and observing.

-All the hard emotional questions and quandries, and the rp they created.

-The impromptu "trial" outside a hole in the ground behind the tavern.
-The great quiet conversations resulting from the "trial". The deepening of friendships, and the finding of unexpected allies.

-A moment with Stitch.

-Meeting Other Ashok, and sharing some fun fun mental trap-induced pain with her.

I had tons of fun this event. I felt really able to dive into the RP this time, and I did my best to go all out. That equals fun.

~Watching from the sidelines as Orin called insults and taunted the ship that her group was trading ballista shots with. Almost all of which missed. It went something like, "Hey, I know I'm a dryad and we may be related, but that's a POST! Oh, oh now that's closer, but it's a tree! Do I really look like a tree to you? Come on, how about another shower cause it's too dry over here!"

~The dopplegangers. I was lucky enough to have Chloe nearby to coach me in portraying Ni'abi, but everyone else really knew their "PC" characters. Let me tell you, the long conversation our group had while waiting for an ambush was freaking hilarious. I am hoping that The Albatross and Kiarra will show up in bookstores soon. With lots of fighting and violence.

~Watching an enslaved Arannin zoom in and out of the tavern like a gust of wind and send Zeth (who was unfortunately right between the doors) to the ground before any of us could blink.

~My townie, Taryn.
1. Getting resurrected was AWESOME. I wanna do it again! Oh, wait....
2. Being trapped in the tavern by the combat with my "sister" Camilla when Tiberius showed up and having all these wonderful PC's (especially Orin) protect us and use their nearly tapped resources heal me back up when I got too close to combat.
3. Absalom and Zeth taking time to teach Taryn weapon mastery and first aid. This did wonderful things for being able to further Taryn's development as a character.
4. Every PC I talked to. All of them. You guys are awesome and seem to really care about Taryn. I love that.

Lowby firewolf mod: going in with a threshold I thought 1 player was able to meet and finding out they were all under. I'm thinking, 'Oh crap.' Then their caster stepping up with a short flurry of spell which all hit (huzzah!). Then to watch them slowly retreat, 'Hey, we can't really take this guy down.' "Well, I got one more thing." 'Are you sure?' "yes, let me try." Boom, dead, and party gives a glorious cheer. Inside I am going 'YES.'

RP: seeing the players faces after the big mods and seeing 'we won, but there was some costly prices paid for it.'
-talking to some players and playing off my inability to remember my medic/vet's name as 'inslavement aftereffects.'

I had a lot of fun, but possibly the best moment was Sunday morning, running a quickie lair card for a group of players. At the end, all five characters had at least one limb withered: an arm here, a leg there. They worked as a team and came out like champs, hurting, but happy and successful.

1. Ashok vs. Zeth 2: The Measure of Zealotry. Stone elves are clearly evil by nature. :(

2. Double-hooking and getting some stick-jocking in. Also, how Stitch is secretly a waylay ninja and Amory is secretly a badass.

3. The Tiberius fight. Zeth had to get tricky to save some lives, and not lose his own....though getting red-misted by Ninjarranin was not fun. :(

4. All the RP.

5. Picking on Orin PRETTY MUCH ALL EVENT. :funny:

Draven said:
1. Ashok vs. Zeth 2: The Measure of Zealotry. Stone elves are clearly evil by nature. :(

That's ok. Racoon-kin are clearly predisposed to beliefs that cause the downfall of civilizations. :p

Thanks for the awesome event. The RP was really solid at this event. I got to RP with some people that I don't usually get a chance to. The visiting Cali players were lots of fun. Sitting around sharing war stories was a lot of fun.

Alcandar vs. Ashok was crazy fun during the impromptu trialm had Orin not said what she did, Roan and I would have iced that guy.

The doppelgangers were super rad. The "Legion" shield "Alcandar" carried was hilarious. Bummed to hear Bond was planning on being me but couldn't make it. Missed that guy.

The trap mod with Aranin made my event. We set traps behind enemy lines like ninjas, then buying him time to get out and spirit recalling like a boss. Made me feel epic.

Although the fight was a little frustrating, all the RP around the Tiberius encounter was epic. Kia pulling white with 8 in the bag was not what plot was counting on but the fact that they ran with it made me feel good. Thank you all for bringing a tiny snippet in my backstory into a huge plot!

Performing a whole bunch of resurrections and doing my best to cater the stories to them. I think I did good.

All the hard moral decisions placed in front of me.

My usual need for reassurance about being "good", with Roan. Carmen knows what I am talking about.

The added insult to injury by getting "paid" Virid's bounty.

Notching my arm in honor of Prashka. People are starting to see my crazy. Oooh the Alcandar card being scary accurate on most accounts. I love that I am the closest thing to pure evil in the Hark's mind. Don't worry, the Alcandar bogey man is coming for all of you.

- The conversation between Ashok and Zeth.
- Battle rezzes. So much great rp.
- Players taking door #2.
- Secret rendevouz with Vavarick.
- Emily's new townie occupation, Kyra's townie rezz.

- Townie: Getting upset about no longer having a job, only to get rich really quick with a new profession as a messenger. Totally hoping to follow y'all to Landfall to deliver sketchy messages in the future ;-)

- Playing Doppelganger Luke. The costume was way fun to assemble!

- Chasing around Flynn & Luke all weekend, especially during the cave-in mod.

- The Tiberius fight was way fun!

- Hanging out IG as the doppelgangers for like an hour before y'all PCs showed up.

Thanks for a fun event! :)

SkollWolfrun said:
Lowby firewolf mod: going in with a threshold I thought 1 player was able to meet and finding out they were all under. I'm thinking, 'Oh crap.' Then their caster stepping up with a short flurry of spell which all hit (huzzah!). Then to watch them slowly retreat, 'Hey, we can't really take this guy down.' "Well, I got one more thing." 'Are you sure?' "yes, let me try." Boom, dead, and party gives a glorious cheer. Inside I am going 'YES.'
As one of the characters on this mod, I was super happy to see it end the way that it did, especially considering Landon is a new player. We still, rightfully, treat him like the champ he is for pulling those spells out and hitting the mark each time. I remember running in as a strangler, seeing the dog and saying, "what's the big deal, guys? It's just one dog." I hit it a couple of times with my swords and heard "no effect" that's when I turned to my party and said, "oh... that's the problem."

jpariury said:
I had a lot of fun, but possibly the best moment was Sunday morning, running a quickie lair card for a group of players. At the end, all five characters had at least one limb withered: an arm here, a leg there. They worked as a team and came out like champs, hurting, but happy and successful.
We are very thankful that you did this for us. We were getting concerned that we weren't going to make it to the entrance with the waves of lizards coming and dragging Max was pretty great. Wither is no joke! :)

Some of my favorites:

1. The entire investigation that my group conducted running up and down the mountains; going into airducts, disarming traps, speaking with NPCs, verifying it all and reporting it to Roan and Alcandar. This had exactly zero combat but it was enjoyable regardless.

2. While the RP for the chaos resurrection was tough for me and really put me outside of my comfort zone, I think I pulled it off fairly well. Having experienced his own worst nightmares it has given Cael a new perspective on things as well as an NPC to hate.

3. RP with Alavatar is always a hoot. Thanks, Seth!

4. Traps! As a character who took Legerdemain for background purposes after learning that traps are hardly used in Alliance games, it was awesome to see that my skills were needed every single day, even multiple times in one day!

5. Finding a card with my name on it was very flattering, even if the text of the card wasn't so flattering. It just makes Cael feel good knowing he's so underestimated by the Harks. :twisted:

This event was amazing, not sure if I can list all my favorites, but I will try:

First, SO much amazing RP this weekend, thanks to everyone. And the small personal RP moments that only really matter to you.
Playing the effects of battle rezzing all weekend. Angry, jaded Orin...
Being made Rai, my first big personal story goal for Orin.
Being given my card from the Harks, and thinking it was a great compliment all things considered. I SO wish I could have seen my doppleganger :)
The trial of Elan in front of the tavern, and preventing more bloodshed. The best role play of my life.
Taunting the ship :)
Performing my first resurrection on my "sister."
Being scared for my life, and the lives of my friends all weekend.
Protecting Taryn and Camilla during the Tiberius fight, thanks for giving me something to do! Also, the RP with Taryn which helped Orin be slightly less jaded.
Being head bonker-in-chief Saturday night.

EDIT* It was awesome seeing Sean and Nikki come in as PCs! Great job on the costuming, I look forward to talking to Lithe (sp) and Meira in the future.

Oh man what a game! I had a lot of fun cooking, and even though it meant I missed out on a fair amount of RP, what I had was absolutely brilliant.

Favorite moments:

During the trap mod - calling 70 assassinate, nailing a double-hooking pc with a packet, and getting the "Where the hell did that come from?!?" look. Had me grinning all weekend, and I'm still giggling ^.^

Getting taken further into the cave by some Harkonians that decided they wanted a Dryad as a slave, it ended in my second res, but it was hilarious to listen to!

Battle resurrecting in, like, the two hours of game, and getting to play frightened-as-hell Amory. All the RP that came from that, and actually having to step out of game twice to tell other players that I really was all right.

Getting grumped at by Vavarick after receiving Earth caster training from Zeth.

The resurrection from Orin - that was so beautiful I was actually crying when she was done.

Watching the second trap mod run - Alcandar and the Punny Undead. Oh man, I was laughing so hard!

Thank you to Plot and all the other Players for another fantastic game!

Zeth's Favs Part 2:

- Alcandar/Zeth RP; With the relatively low number of Legion members, we had a fairly large amount of conversations just one-on-one. This culminated into an emotional reaction of large proportions when Zeth came face to face with Alcandar, and realized just from the look in his eyes that he was Enslaved. It felt that much worse.

- RP'ing with Taryn. Realizing that out of all this pain and oppression that the Harkonians created, it's possible that heroes can born. Can't wait to see where that might go.

Despite all the fighting, I still somehow had time to RP with tons of people! Thanks everyone for all the RP, NPCs and PCs!

-Cael and his group being awesome and incredibly helpful
-Arannin and that Harkonnian lady picture..
-Tantarus and Arannin saving my life. Arannin nearly res'd and Tantarus threw the best Life spell ever.. thanks guys!
-Talking with Ghost!
-Kaila's learning to take charge, go, go!
-Joking with Alavatar and Tantarus
-Moral quandaries. ARG.
-the ship ballista mod!
-During the Tiberious fight, JP's guy (who seriously out-classed me) kept giving me this "Seriously? Alright, your funeral" look every time I advanced on him again.
-Eric's epic use of a Spell Parry
-Luke avoiding an Obliterate by Reflecting and promptly rolling down a hill.
-All the emotion of Arannin getting enslaved and then hunting him down in the dark and rain with Kragnar. Kragnar rocks and is totally forgiven for Spell Strike: Deathing me on accident.

~Carmen

Some pretty solid event, all considered. Moments that stick out to me:

- Chaos rez, and subsequently confronting Ghost in the woods while half-naked. Kiarra: "Some people resurrected, and... I think you did too?"
- Freeing more slaves! Always gratifying to Viirid.
- Learning that Virid is one of Mosby's "constituents"? Strange conversation.
- Reading the journal and hearing about Elan being in town. I thought, "This is not going to end well, but there's not much I can do about it." Props to Orin for the reversal.
- Conversations with Kiah, both before, during, and after the attack. I think I might've talked more with her than Alcandar
- Epic showdown with Tiberius in the woods. Dude was not supposed to still have 7 dodges and 7 Channel Rituals left, but I like to think I went down like a boss.
- Death/dying RP with Orin and Roan. *hugs* to you both

I have several moments of amazing!

However a few stand out.

The look on Carmen's face and her very indignant "NO" when Daylynn asked if he could kick Arannin.

Buying milkshakes for people and the look of shock when they realized I was paying for them.

Hanging out with Kiarra, Ghost, and Tevas.

Watching Flynn and Luke wreck things. I am really enjoying watching them grow as characters.

Getting to have a "talk" with Alcandar. Starting off with "I want to know why you got my adopted daughter killed?"

There are several other moments, some that I wish to remain private and others that I just don't have the time to list out.

cymryc said:
Getting to have a "talk" with Alcandar. Starting off with "I want to know why you got my adopted daughter killed?"
Aren't those conversations always fun? Talk about intimidated. :thumbsup:

Well normally when I get home from an event I think: "Man I could totally go for like one or two more days of that!" This time on the other hand when I got home I was so drained emotionally and physically that I was glad to get back to the real world! BUT! That was one hell of a good time!

Angry Vavarick was great times! Thank's for the newspaper article that sent him over the edge!

Exploding cupcakes! I seriously went to calm Orin and Amory down and then BOOM! Suddenly Vavarick was flipping out!

Being invested in the Earth circle! I had so much great role play surrounding preforming resurrection's! I forget who all I rezzed but you were all great to RP with!

Drive by healing in the tunnel fight.

Finding Prashka! I laughed for a full minute!

The sexy cow pin ups and the jokes surrounding them! Oh yes and I saved them expect to be pranked with them in the future! :D

The great role play with with the enslaved townsfolk. What a bunch of dicks! Also they brought angry Vavarick out again.

The look on Ian's face when I sacrificed for him. I think I broke him!

Indeed, I was brand new to the event, and even though Friday night was pretty rough for me (I rezzed with Cael), Saturday and Sunday were full of triumphs, even as a level 2 Celestial spellcaster. I did a ton of learning and felt I had a really good handle on everything by the end of the event, and I look forward to doing it again! Thank you to everyone for helping me out with spells, knowledge, and everything else, I had a great time!

cymryc said:
The look on Carmen's face and her very indignant "NO" when Daylynn asked if he could kick Arannin.
Roan was in no mood.. you like pissing me off IG don't you? : )

Back