Arbolis' Trench (Low Level Game): Cancelled

The low level game will be held on the weekend of June 11th!

The Players Guide is posted in the IG area so you can learn about the lands where your character will probably be from.

The level cap for this event is 34 Build! Yes, it is indeed a low level event!

As we plan on running sequels next season, and will raise the BP only slightly, you may want to create a character solely for this campaign.

There will some treasure limits as well, to be announced soon. We don't want you borrowing your team's treasury and coming in with outrageous magic items and 100 gas globes to throw the whole balance of the game off kilter.

Re: Arbolis' Trench (Low Level Game)

I am NPCing this event and I can't wait. that players guide looks so awesome.

Dave Ehrhart is also NPCing. we would not mind some hot roles if Plot is giving them out.

-Robb

Yes indeed. Dave Ehrhart would not mind some hot roles. He's a pretty good role-player I'm told. Sexy hair or something, too. ;)

Hey folks!!

I've got some really juicy roles, guild heads, BBGs, recurring town bene's, etc.. so email me if you plan on ALWAYS npcing and can promise me that you will give your best effort to be at each event! : )

Henry the Mad

wolfshart@gmail.com

Also - I am able to arrange for goblin stamp rewards of modules! Email me, or better yet catch up with me this weekend, for details!

Re: Arbolis' Trench (Low Level Game): Where is everyone?

OK, let's be blunt: Is anyone coming to this event?

When we announced it there was great interest. Henry wrote a great background that people liked. We've had people sign up for NPC roles. But so far, no one has signed up for the event.

Please post if you are coming. If this doesn't interest you at all, let us know why not. Are there just too many events going on? Do you not want to start a low level character? What is it?

!Q

I think this is a great idea, and I would love to come to this event. If not for work and the fact that I have to present my final school projects on the 11th, I would be there. Sadly, I have to miss this one.

Guys, I speak from experience when I say starting a new, low-level character is AWESOME. So go do it!

I made a character for this campaign knowing I wouldn't be there this year because I'm in Seoul.

I would love to come to a low level event! However, I am in Switzerland with my university's trumpet ensemble from June 6th-19th. Unfortunately for me, it was just a scheduling conflict. As a newbie I really appreciate this idea and am sad that I can't go!

I was going to take my Crossroads character there, I just haven't preregistered yet because I planned on paying at the door.

wolfan said:
I was going to take my Crossroads character there, I just haven't preregistered yet because I planned on paying at the door.

If we don't get enough people registered in the next few days, there won't be any "at the door" payments! :cry:

When this game was frist announced the people that play alliance that I talk to and live near were all very happy about a game that was "sealed off". After that changed most were sad to see the idea die off befor it even started and then stoped wanting to go.

I can not speak for others but this is what I have seen. No one wants to make a new Pc ( due to the money to make armor and gard or the time to write a story and build a team )to play in a "Normal" game that only runs 2 times a year.

I know its sounds like I am being mean, but I am not trying to. And you asked why....

Tim

PS I hope this game gets off the ground and people enjoy playing it very much.

Ironleaf said:
When this game was frist announced the people that play alliance that I talk to and live near were all very happy about a game that was "sealed off". After that changed most were sad to see the idea die off befor it even started and then stoped wanting to go.

I can not speak for others but this is what I have seen. No one wants to make a new Pc ( due to the money to make armor and gard or the time to write a story and build a team )to play in a "Normal" game that only runs 2 times a year.

I know its sounds like I am being mean, but I am not trying to. And you asked why....

Tim

PS I hope this game gets off the ground and people enjoy playing it very much.

Tim I understand what you are saying. Do people really think that having a low level event 2 times a year at 34 build is different from an Alt campaign? Remember that when you start a character, right after your first weekend your total build becomes 25. So 34 build is two (2) full events. To me I don't see that much of a difference.

I like this way better; at least my character can get a maxout if I gobbie/npc the event.

Gilwing said:
I like this way better; at least my character can get a maxout if I gobbie/npc the event.

event blanket. maxouts do not exist.

this message brought to you by the guy who refuses to let old NERO terms into the new ALC documents we will be releasing soon.

Well, I think this will have to be cancelled anyway, so it all becomes moot.

We'll see if the Owners will vote for a change in the By-Laws to allow the alternate campaign next year.

Tim I understand what you are saying. Do people really think that having a low level event 2 times a year at 34 build is different from an Alt campaign? Remember that when you start a character, right after your first weekend your total build becomes 25. So 34 build is two (2) full events. To me I don't see that much of a difference.

Dave I think you bring up a good point. I cant really "know" what people think. But sadly people did seam to care much less about playing in this game after the frist idea of it got tossed. I feel that it had more to do with the IG feel of a "Sealed" game Vs. anything to do with how games work OOG. But again I am only talking about how other people seamed to "feel" about it around me.

People were very happy at the idea of getting in on the ground floor of something new. Kinda like a huge "Reset" button that players new and old could be up to date on.

I also feel that way, so maybe I am reading that from others as well. God knows I have misunderstood people befor.

Best of luck
Tim

- I don't think there was enough advertising / communication about the event given to players or staff.
- I think the original idea getting scrapped and the new idea replacing it helped add confusion about the game.
- I think it was scheduled closely between 2 HQ regular events, other chapters season openers, and brand new chapters with capped games opening which contributed to the lack of interest.

I think we're getting to a new point in Alliance where "nero business as usual" isn't going to work anymore. We have too many chapters that are too close to treat your chapter like you are the only game in town. we now have to actively compete for players even against other chapters. ideally, there will be more player to be able to divvy up between chapters as LARPing becomes more popular, but you can't count on that.

obviously HQ is going to take steps to help bring in new players and retain existing ones. and opening new lines of communication (such as this board, the new HQ website being built, and more) are going to be a big part of that.

Or advertise locally to bring in new blood entirely, because that's kind of what needs to happen for Alliance as a whole. A lot of us are bringing in a handful of players in each year, maybe retaining 5-6 of them, while the existing players are forced to pick and choose between chapters. It's not a bad thing to have too many chapters -- variety is the spice of life -- but advertising and publicity is going to be a big step up for our LARP in general, IMO.

youthculture said:
advertising and publicity is going to be a big step up for our LARP in general, IMO.

I agree. We have done a great deal publicity in the past year, including being featured on G4 (which actually drove a number of new players to our HQ game). But there are a lot more LARP choices out there now than there was in the 1990s. In addition, we aren't just competing against LARPs and tabletop RPGs anymore either. Video games have soared to new heights and have provided cheap and convenient entertainment.

Retaining our existing players and reaching out to new players is always our goal. But it isn't easy!

--- Eric Stehle

I really haven't researched it, but what sort of media do we have for places like comic and gaming stores, and also things such as banners and other forms of online advertisements? Honestly, I remember learning of NERO back in the late 90's/early 2000's by word of mouth, and it was because someone had one of the rule books. How he got it, I can't even remember! :)

Back