Are my weapons and armor LARP safe and ready ?

I played a spellsword at my last playtest game, and I had a blast. I was at 346 XP.

My experience was pretty much this.

1) My martial skills were hella in demand.
2) My spells were hella in demand.
3) I had overall less resources because of the hybrid tax
4) However, had I been less a fighter or less of a healer, someone almost certainly would have rezzed because of it. My martial skills meant I could drop enemies without burning too many resources, and my spells meant I could Life a couple people (I had two 9ths), use a few Lesser Earth Storms, provide some debuffs, Purify statuses, and activate spells from a Spell Store without an incantation.
5) If I had been a pure Scholar or Fighter, I would have had more per-day resources, but they might have been useless and therefore wasted. And like I said, I definitely prevented resurrections with both sets of skills.

That being said, your area might have different needs than mine did. :)

Also, if you go Spellsword, you should invest in Crit Attacks. For ten minutes you can fight as someone of higher level, and that can make a massive difference at times. I had ten of them so that I could swing for 10s instead of 5s for twenty minutes a day. It won’t be something for every encounter, but if you want to go Hero Mode...oh man, it felt so good.

Back