armor and gear

does any one know a good place to find mideviel style boots or shirt? or things that look close to them for cheap?

Depends on the price range you're looking for.

Boots:
Multiple of us have these, towards good looking but not 250+: http://www.houseofandar.com/
Jesse has also remarked on combat boots, or some motorcycle boots being fine. Combat boots are a good idea in some respects, as they are comfortable and made for lots of hiking and etc. Shop around, you may find some that look period enough.

Shirts:
There are a few sellers on etsy, and one well reccomended due to quality and speed: https://www.etsy.com/shop/BardsBoutique
You can also run by Disguises and see what is in stock: http://disguisescostumes.com/

Since you mentioned armor - that is a whole other deal. It's not needed, but it is recommended you have SOME armor, but you can get away with a lot of stuff cheaply. All of us can recommend many things, but it comes down to the following questions:

1. How much do you want to spend.
2. Can you sew or do leather work yourself.

Weapons you can get away with building yourself, and we do do craft days on and off - check out the facebook page. Best easy first weapon is done with a thrift store bought golf club, cut off the head, and put the foam on just like it is explained in the rulebook. Keeps it light. However, you may need some extra foam towards the tip of the core between the core and the foam to fill the gap so there is no rattle.

http://www.scaboots.com/ is another good place for boots. Etsy as was stated before is a great place for garb. I have also had success on amazon.com but you have to be careful to make sure your not getting cheep costume pieces.

Since you mentioned armor - that is a whole other deal. It's not needed, but it is recommended you have SOME armor, but you can get away with a lot of stuff cheaply. All of us can recommend many things, but it comes down to the following questions:

Weapons you can get away with building yourself, and we do do craft days on and off - check out the facebook page. Best easy first weapon is done with a thrift store bought golf club, cut off the head, and put the foam on just like it is explained in the rulebook. Keeps it light. However, you may need some extra foam towards the tip of the core between the core and the foam to fill the gap so there is no rattle.

nothing beyond $100, I can sew but cant do leather work.

would faux leather look real enough/work? cause I know that stuff is a little cheaper.

Faux leather xan qualify but will depend on the cut and weight. I would recommend looking at the armor chapter in the rule book which talks about how armor is rated and what materials generally qualify for what amount. If anything you might loose master crafted point for faux leather but that depends a lot on the quality.

Faux leather xan qualify but will depend on the cut and weight. I would recommend looking at the armor chapter in the rule book which talks about how armor is rated and what materials generally qualify for what amount. If anything you might loose master crafted point for faux leather but that depends a lot on the quality.

alright I check that out.

We have people wearing duck canvas, so yea the Faux leather should count. Jesse or Mac can chime in for sure.

Jesse is the owner who you likley met at Comicon. Mac is the head of Logistics for denver.

how do armor points work with body points? do you loss armor points before you start losing body points from damage? or does the damage go straight to body points and the armor gets affected?

Normal Damage goes to armor points first, then to body. There are a few effects that bypass armor and go straight to body, such as Chaos damage though.

Hi there Austin!

Regarding your faux leather question, you can absolutely make armor out of faux leather. We allow armor that looks like the material to function as the material, so faux would give you armor points as if it were leather; however, we do also gauge the thickness of the material and its durability as a factor, so heavy or hardened leather is usually worth more armor points than soft/faux leather.

Furthermore, there are extra armor points that you can get for "cool factor," ultimately: if your armor is entirely in-period in looks/material, you get bonus points, and if your armor is well-crafted and of good or impressive quality, you get bonus points! So it pays to think about your appearance for this as well. Note that this does not mean your armor needs to be FANCY; we've had players get cool points for wearing ragged barbarian leathers as much as for space-age micromesh chain mail.

I hope that is helpful for you! Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Hi there Austin!

Regarding your faux leather question, you can absolutely make armor out of faux leather. We allow armor that looks like the material to function as the material, so faux would give you armor points as if it were leather; however, we do also gauge the thickness of the material and its durability as a factor, so heavy or hardened leather is usually worth more armor points than soft/faux leather.

Furthermore, there are extra armor points that you can get for "cool factor," ultimately: if your armor is entirely in-period in looks/material, you get bonus points, and if your armor is well-crafted and of good or impressive quality, you get bonus points! So it pays to think about your appearance for this as well. Note that this does not mean your armor needs to be FANCY; we've had players get cool points for wearing ragged barbarian leathers as much as for space-age micromesh chain mail.

I hope that is helpful for you! Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

thank you for clearing that up for me, I have a faux leather jacket/hoodie thing that I don't use anymore I was thinking of cutting up and making into an armor piece

Back