armor queston

Valvatein

I hope this is the right area

If a person has 5oz leather armor, a vest or corsett etc. and wants to make it two layers thick do you get full points for this? what are the points avalible?

Also is fur with hide considered leather and at what point system?

thanks for your time and information.

You're not allowed to layer multiple pieces of *armor*. However, I wouldn't see any issue with layering multiple pieces of *material* to make a single piece of armor.

So long as the layers are permanently affixed (glued, riveted, sewn, etc.), and end up being greater than the equivalent of 10 oz leather, it would probably count as 2 point armor per location.

-Bryan

Oh can I piggyback on this? I want to make studded leather out of nagahife and was wondering if I could just glue I to a layer of felt then pretty up the edges? Thanks!

I make chainmail and scale armor. The book states that 3 points from chain requires 14g or thicker with steel, copper, or brass. Here is my issue, if I make a 14g copper vest why is it worth more than a vest made of 5/16 diameter 18g 1/2 hard .304 alloy steel? Copper is much softer.

I assume because the people that wrote the rules are not familiar with material strength and were under the impression that more heavy metals means more protection. I have also heard the argument that the authors wanted to reward players that wear heavier material with more armor points to make up for the reduction in mobility. It's the same reason that titanium plate is treated as a "light metal" since it is nearly as light as aluminum despite it being nearly as strong as steel.

Not saying they're right. Just making an assumption to the author's thinking.

Back