armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukas

i looked through the rulebook, and it mentions your armor rating and how to calculate it, but, as far as i can tell, not what it does. if this could be clarified for me that would be greatly appreciated.

Basically, your Body Points plus your Armor Points together add up to how much damage you can take. When you're hit by a weapon attack or a spell that does damage to your character, you subtract the damage first from armor, then from body points.

Let's say you have ten body and ten armor. A guy comes at you swinging six normal. After the first hit, you're down to ten body and four armor. A second hit takes down the last four points of armor and does 2 body damage (down to zero armor and eight body).

You can restore armor points by spending one minute refitting your armor (requires blacksmith skill--see pg 58).

A couple more specific notes (pg 96):
--A weapon swinging for the Chaos carrier, a Chaos spell ("I call upon Chaos to cause light/serious/critical/mortal wounds"), or a Cause Damage Gas Poison attack, all cause body damage without affecting armor points.
--Armor is especially important for carrier attacks--if a monster is swinging a weapon where the damage type is an effect of some kind (example: 6 Sleep, 4 Vertigo, 2 Disease), and the damage affects your body points, you take the effect (eg, swinging 6 Sleep, if you have 5 or fewer armor points the 6 will subtract from your body points and you are affected by a Sleep spell).

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back