Artie is seen walking around town (Afternoon June 18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dramm a'dan

Scholar
Artie can be seen walking around town with parchment and quil. Stopping every so often to make notes.

Math approaches Artie, "Lufly day is in it today! What are 'ew up to? I suspect 'ew are preparing for the Festival of Crrows?"

(Math does have an accent, I was too nervous/new to get into it last weekend.)

"Ah yes, I'm needing to get a list ready of items we'll need. With so many folks coming from all over the realm, I'm going to have to really stock up on the standard supplies, plus some of the odd stuff the some them other folks like to enjoy at one of these Festivals." Something comes to Artie's mind and he jots it down. "Plus have to plan on where we're going to be putting everyone, can't have everyone just plopping their tents and pavillions down where ever they'd like. Way to much chaos." Artie starts to wonder off towards the King's Road.

Math follows, "Anathing I can do to be of serrvice? This is the sort o' thing that's rright up my alley."

Math begins scratching his right arm with his left hand as he walks.

"Thanks for the offer, but I have things well in hand. Is there anything that you'd like brought in on the next caravan? I have a trade partner working on getting me some Valdenhold black cherries for the festival, and I caught wind that a cask of Duran Falls Centry Stout might be had for everyone to enjoy. So if there's anything you want to purchase let me know."

"Ooh! I like Ffladenhold cherrries! Hafen't had those in a long time." Math ponders Artie's offer, while beginning to attempt to scratch an apparent itch on his own back. "No, I can't of anathing I rrequire, so I will leafe 'ew to 'ewrr task."

He turns to head back up the King's Road, scratching at his neck.

Garridan is standing off to the side of the Road and nods at Artie, indicating he wishes a private chat with Artie... (PM to be sent)

After talking to Garridan, Artie heads back into town. Standing behind the row of barricks, "hmm, we could easily put the deligation of dark elves back here, if they show."

Artie then moves onto the Market Place, checking with the various vendors if there are any items, goods or services they needed brought in for the Festival.

After talking to Garridan; Goos was still confuse on what this festival is about. "Do these people worship birds" He thought to himself. Goos spot the shop keep and approaches him. "Shop keep can you explain to me what's this crow thing is about? The weird fella dressed in black a told me i can fight to my heart content if I were to join his team, I think his name is Garden or Sardins or something."

"Many many years ago, the humans were having trouble on selecting a King, so the Arcane Sanctum was running the realm. Human nobles being so petty and short sighted attempted to kill the Arch' Mage, this of course did not go down so good. In retaliation, the Sanctum went on a bit of a killing spree, killing all thous thought to be invovled in the plot and their families. The bodies were gathered in the center of town and the crows feasted on them for days. They called it Crow's Day for this reason."

"After some time a King was finally selected, having to still deal with the petty squabblings of the nobles he decided to host a tournament where the nobles could select a champion to fight for them and the decisions were won or lost on the battlefield. The day was renamed to Tournament of Crows. Over the years the tournament grew and started attracting other forms of combat and skilled events till what it is today. Which is why it's called the Festival of Crows now, just another reason to party," Artie beams with a big smile.

"Does that answer your question enough?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back