Ashe, Rowan, and Merriweather

It's not often that I meet people I like, let alone people I can tolerate the presence of, but you three are persons whom I consider friends. I have never had much cause even to use the word 'friend'.
You are always welcome at my table.
Ashe, I hope we can have more fine discussions about the world and the way things really are, perhaps over more of your fine food. I'll bring the ale this time.
Rowen, your companionship brought an unfamiliar comeradery that was a gift you probably didn't even know you were giving. Even cold wet socks couldn't stop me from enjoying our travels.
Merriweather, I never had any siblings, but I can easily imagine you as a younger brother. You are a delight, and when I go to fight ugly trolls there's no one I'd rather have at my side than you.

Stay safe until next we meet, and keep the wine cold, my friends.

I think you should be careful with whom you choose to call 'friend' Jax. As you well know Rowen, Merryweather and myself are the subject of some measure of apparent speculation regarding the measure of our character. I myself was called a thief to my face, and it was implied that those whom I also associate with were thieves as well - don't get me wrong though Jax, I appreciate your company but I feel that you should be warned as to the apparent reputation that Rowen, Merryweather and I have managed to foster thus far.

-Ashe

Thank you Jax. Your words are well taken. It's not often I run across another person with similar ideals who hasn't mostly given up on them yet. It's a breath of fresh air to say the least. You're an inspiration.
As for not publically being too friendly... well, Ashe, in a land filled with murderers, scoundrals, glory-hogs and insane people (or can that all be summed up as "adventurers") I think only being called a theif is a double-edged insult. On the one hand, people like you and I don't like being called something we're not. Not when we so readily admit who and what we are, good and bad. On the other hand, it's like they're saying we're not like them which, one speculates, is an odd form of compliment.

-Rowan

Ashe said:
I think you should be careful with whom you choose to call 'friend' Jax. As you well know Rowen, Merryweather and myself are the subject of some measure of apparent speculation regarding the measure of our character. I myself was called a thief to my face, and it was implied that those whom I also associate with were thieves as well - don't get me wrong though Jax, I appreciate your company but I feel that you should be warned as to the apparent reputation that Rowen, Merryweather and I have managed to foster thus far.

-Ashe

WHAT? Ashe, WHO called you a thief?
As for reputations, you should know by now that I don't give a damn what other people think about my decisions. I associate with whom i want to.

Brett Rodgers said:
Thank you Jax. Your words are well taken. It's not often I run across another person with similar ideals who hasn't mostly given up on them yet. It's a breath of fresh air to say the least. You're an inspiration.
As for not publically being too friendly... well, Ashe, in a land filled with murderers, scoundrals, glory-hogs and insane people (or can that all be summed up as "adventurers") I think only being called a theif is a double-edged insult. On the one hand, people like you and I don't like being called something we're not. Not when we so readily admit who and what we are, good and bad. On the other hand, it's like they're saying we're not like them which, one speculates, is an odd form of compliment.

-Rowan

Rowan, I am flattered. Thank you.
And yes, it amusingly enough IS an odd sort of compliment.
Personally I found your readiness to admit who and what you are to be a primary catalyst in my feeling that we are kin. If i'm going to be spurned by those i don't even know or respect merely for associating with you, Ashe, and Merryweather..well then, so be it. I'd rather have you all at my table then kings or queens.

Brett Rodgers said:
...I think only being called a theif is a double-edged insult. On the one hand, people like you and I don't like being called something we're not. Not when we so readily admit who and what we are, good and bad. On the other hand, it's like they're saying we're not like them which, one speculates, is an odd form of compliment.

-Rowan

I appreciate your perspective on the matter Rowan, but if I 'were' a theif, at least then I'd have some money, maybe even a magic item beyond a box that opens every time someone sneezes anyway... sighs

-Ashe

Cerulean Jax said:
WHAT? Ashe, WHO called you a thief?
As for reputations, you should know by now that I don't give a damn what other people think about my decisions. I associate with whom i want to.

I'm not quite sure Jax, it was dark and I wasn't that interested in continueing the conversation.

Cerulean Jax said:
Rowan, I am flattered. Thank you.
And yes, it amusingly enough IS an odd sort of compliment.
Personally I found your readiness to admit who and what you are to be a primary catalyst in my feeling that we are kin. If i'm going to be spurned by those i don't even know or respect merely for associating with you, Ashe, and Merryweather..well then, so be it. I'd rather have you all at my table then kings or queens.

Hmms... no offense meant Jax, but if i had to choose between you and Kings and Queens, i choose the Kings and Queens. At least that way i could steal from a better class of people (laughs) Don't mind me just joking

Just as a note, perhaps you may find some improvement in the way you are received if you were to seperate yourselves some and interact with others as yourselves instead of as a group. I often saw you sitting collectively together and interacting with each other and, while there is absolutely nothing wrong with this type of solidarity, it does tend to cause others to think of you as "that group of foreigners." It also makes you, as a group, more intimidating to approach for those who would take the initiative.

Don't squander the golden moments by worrying about silly things such as appearances. You may miss something before you realize it's too late...

~Diera

{Ashe turns to look at Diera and then turns his head back to Rowen and Jax with an expression of stunned silence. After a moment, Ashe clears his throat and mumbles something about logic and insanity (feel free to make what you will of his mumble)}
-Ashe

Diera said:
Just as a note, perhaps you may find some improvement in the way you are received if you were to seperate yourselves some and interact with others as yourselves instead of as a group. I often saw you sitting collectively together and interacting with each other and, while there is absolutely nothing wrong with this type of solidarity, it does tend to cause others to think of you as "that group of foreigners." It also makes you, as a group, more intimidating to approach for those who would take the initiative.

Don't squander the golden moments by worrying about silly things such as appearances. You may miss something before you realize it's too late...

~Diera

Yes, of course Ashe. I think you're right.

Diera, where have to obtained this absurd opinion that I, or we as the case may be, have had any issues regarding our "reception" from the locals or that we do not, as you put it, interact with others as individuals?

I see. Clearly, I must have met and conversed briefly outside the tavern with a completely different Rowan. It must be becoming a popular name around that area, much like Raphael was back... there. My apologies for the mix up. I have other things I need to attend to, so I shant trouble you further. Good day.

~Diera

Ah yes, the tried and true tactic of ignoring the question and walking away in a huff while almost aluding to the tantalizing answer. Such passive agressive straight forwardness is quite an admirable trait in a leader. Goes nicely with giggling like a madwoman for hours in public settings.

Rowan... I don't think that there is any need for us to antagonize Diera as I do honestly believe that she was honestly trying to offer a word of advice; That said, I found her advice as you know to be at odds with itself. On one hand she instructs that we should seperate ourselves so that others will feel more comfortable in approaching us which ignores the fact that we might be intimidated by an entire town which frequently assembles enmass. I saw Diera walking many times in very very large torch carrying sized groups - I'm sure you can recall the groups I'm referring too... - Her logic is all very vexing to me. I for one due appreciate her advice, yet i find it to be at odds with itself. We approached many people throughout the weekend - I think we honestly spoke with every person in town actually. We made our food available to all with no attachments or requirements and I for one was called a thief. Further, I was told you my friend Rowan and Merryweather were also thieves. This of course was said to me after i'd finished lifing someone who I also restored their spell protections in the midsts of battle.... Am I wrong to take offense Rowan? I am no thief.

Rowan - she spoke of Golden moments. I say April cannot come soon enough. What say you?
-Ashe

Brett Rodgers said:
Ah yes, the tried and true tactic of ignoring the question and walking away in a huff while almost aluding to the tantalizing answer. Such passive agressive straight forwardness is quite an admirable trait in a leader. Goes nicely with giggling like a madwoman for hours in public settings.

What do I say Ashe? I say scratch the surface of gold and you often find brass.

Ashe said:
Rowan... I don't think that there is any need for us to antagonize Diera as I do honestly believe that she was honestly trying to offer a word of advice; That said, I found her advice as you know to be at odds with itself.
Oh, you're probably right. I just get so annoyed when someone pontificates towards me while blatently acting in ways that undermines their own pontification. I'll apologize to her in person.

Ashe said:
Rowan... I don't think that there is any need for us to antagonize Diera as I do honestly believe that she was honestly trying to offer a word of advice; That said, I found her advice as you know to be at odds with itself. On one hand she instructs that we should seperate ourselves so that others will feel more comfortable in approaching us which ignores the fact that we might be intimidated by an entire town which frequently assembles enmass. I saw Diera walking many times in very very large torch carrying sized groups - I'm sure you can recall the groups I'm referring too... - Her logic is all very vexing to me. I for one due appreciate her advice, yet i find it to be at odds with itself. We approached many people throughout the weekend - I think we honestly spoke with every person in town actually. We made our food available to all with no attachments or requirements and I for one was called a thief. Further, I was told you my friend Rowan and Merryweather were also thieves. This of course was said to me after i'd finished lifing someone who I also restored their spell protections in the midsts of battle.... Am I wrong to take offense Rowan? I am no thief.

Rowan - she spoke of Golden moments. I say April cannot come soon enough. What say you?
-Ashe

you are no more a thief than i am Healer General, my friend. If i knew who had called you that i'd set them straight.

Jax, dear friend, they know who they are and I imagine that it is a something which is best dropped.

Cerulean Jax said:
you are no more a thief than i am Healer General, my friend. If i knew who had called you that i'd set them straight.

Back