Assistance Needed before Market: this is a Raid.

To the Adventurers of Atupal,

I speak this to you all in the hopes of preventing a paper trail and that word of mouth may spread this among Atupal. A number of us have been working towards evidence against another problematic trading company, the Miranda Family. We have the lid of the Miranda family’s metaphorical coffin, but still need help with the nails.

In our research, we have discovered proof of Gallagher Enterprise, A shell company of the Miranda’s, using enslavement on their debtors. I have a personal stake in that fact as my father is one of these false “debtors”. With this proof, we are looking to move towards a raid on Miranda and Gallagher locations next market. For this, we need the help of Atupal. There are various actions we could use help with in prep for the raid.

Some History on the Miranda Family:

Before the rise of Baron Thomas Miranda, the Miranda family was firmly established as a criminal organization that was in a cold war with Passwall.
The passing of Aoife Miranda, the former Miranda head lead to a succession crisis during which Thomas Miranda [grand-nephew to Aoife] sold out part of his family to East Passwall allowing them to be captured while he took control of the rest of the family, and the next year Count Tillbane appointed him Baron.

This coup led to the capture of the 13 lead family members and saw them collectively charged with upwards of 28 consecutives life sentences. Nine have since died in custody or been executed. There are 4 remaining members that are still imprisoned alive as far as we can tell. All of them are “supposedly” still locked up in East Passwall’s Max Security dungeon.

As for the Mirandas that free of note:

Baron Thomas Miranda is one of the wealthiest individuals in Gavaria, and has a reputation for ruthless political and financial practices.

Sioban Miranda is Count Tillbanes Court Healer and has been instrumental in his research of the undead.

Patrick ‘Skip’ Miranda is rumored to be missing, though the Mirandas haven't made any public comments about it.

These actions are equally important, not in a particular order:

1: Miranda family trading/ Gallagher Enterprise connection. We have knowledge of Gallagher Enterprise being a shell corporation of the Mirandas, but we need hard proof that they know what's going on (criminal intent).

Gallagher owns a series of inns, taverns and bars which support their gambling houses. They offer a line of credit, and allow you to gamble the shirt off your back. Then turn around and sell that debt to the Mirandas.

We need to prove:
  1. If the games are rigged
  2. Find out how targeted individuals are enslaved.
  3. That the executive leadership of Gallagher knows what is going on and is involved, and that the Mirandas both own and control Gallagher with full knowledge of what's going on.

2: Raid planning, we need a target list: Gallagher Enterprise Facilities, Miranda indentured servants facilities alike. We need a plan to hit them hard and hit them fast with no chance for escape. We will need non-adventuring resources to hold and process a large number of captured individuals. A sad truth of this matter is that some of Count Tillbane’s forces, as this will be in Rinnling, may be compromised. As we don’t want the impression that Count Tanno’s forces are invading, we will need to organize with royal troops to make sure the raid is secure.

3: Routes: Through our investigative work we found a lot of raw information about major trade routes. We are especially interested in Rt. 81 as we suspect that it is heavily linked to the enslavement aspect. Marcus has the trade route locations for Rt. 81, but these locations need to be staked out for suspicious activity.

Miranda Co.
81 - (Massive amounts of Nightshade and Vial shipments)

As for the other information we've found… we might end up finding more strygoi information if it's pursued. These routes Marcus does not have access to. For those that have yet to be informed by the Strigoi Pamphlet, moridium is strigoi blood. Garrett Trading Co is believed to be working directly with the strigoi. An origin location for each of these routes may bare key location of the strigoi.

Garrett Trading Co.
249 Moridium (High grade)
255 Moridium Powder
252 Moridium, Low grade
249 Moridium, High grade
247 Moridium, Low grade
245 Moridium, Low grade
241 Moridium powder & Moridium, Low grade
227 Moridium powder & Moridium, Low grade
223 Moridium, Low grade
220 Moridium Powder
216 Moridium Powder

Any and all help in these endeavors would greatly be appreciated. Thank you.

Attaché Elias Ursar

Provisional Barrister Marcus

Margrave Auryn Fairhorn

Squire Draco O’Dell

Goodperson Euthymia

Last edited:
Folks listed at end of Dream,

Quextalli been walk a lot in Pra-de-mar. Bat Shaman say, 'Go Little Bird, help somewhere else.' Bat Shaman is flight filled. Quextalli want help. Quextalli Dream in the Dream with Bad Bugs, Stre-goi. Seem like you all need lots help. Quextalli NOT good with as Sam would say sub-ta-fuge. Quextalli helper Star Mage. Franz and Dram-a-thin say, "Supp-ort Ce-lest-ial Scholar." Where you think Quextalli be best. Quextalli not Dream or Speak the best. Quextalli suff-er great fall and Quextalli not good with words since.

Quextalli

Goodman if I may suggest, exploring the former garret trading company holdings to locate the morbidium mines might be both useful and in your capabilities, simply observe and report without being noticed.
Provisional Barrister Marcus

Last edited:
Eli,

As part of my Atish investigation, I intend to look into the past financial dealings of the Duchy with the Garrett Trading Company. I would be highly interested to be kept aware of any developments regarding the moridium trade routes, though I would assume that they are no longer in use if I understand the sudden departure of the GTC correctly. I am happy to assist in any further investigations into this matter or any other, just point me in the right direction. At this time, my dance card seems to be a little full ((my IBGA is already spoken for)), but this coming market I would be happy to assist in whatever you may need.

I look forward to seeing you again, my dear friend.

Kore

Back