ATTENTION

Pokethulu

Fighter
Public Relations Committee
Adventurers,

I am offering a 5 gold reward for information that leads to recovery of the goods that were taken this past market day. Theft, from the town is inexcusable. It is how we can recover the material resources that are lost in such encounters. History has shown that when we work together as a unit there is very little that can stand against us, but, theft drives us apart. It show a mistrust and disrespect for all those involved. Such an action will not be tolerated.

I will also accept the return of the materials anonymously. You may drop them off at the Mushroom Hallow or the Bakery on it's lands.

For all town endeavours in the future we all continue with the 'bag person' policy. This trusted member will be the only one who carries any materials gained in such endeavours and they will be the one whom all such findings are given too. This policy as worked well for years and when we deviate from such a policy, issues seem to arise. I will be providing the designated bag as to not burden the bag holder any further.

Sera FallingStar

All,

I will also have a spare bag on my person for smaller adventures that I am directly involved with. This policy is a good one for any caliber endeavor.

We strongly encourage the return of these items and other stolen goods.

Thank You,

Sera Zanabanath

What items were taken and when was it last seen? Any info for this and possible people around were the items were located may help jog a memory or two about their whereabouts.

While I understand that at times threats appear unexpectedly, it is important to protect vital town assets. I know I have not been called upon to shelter these things in sometime, likely because the additional time it takes to properly record such items and auction them had been seen by at least some to be needless. This recent issues helps once again underline the importance of taking care of things properly, it is a fine thing to trust those around you but that is no reason not to take suitable precautions.

Under the assumption that I will not nessasarily be personally handling these things, I suggest we begin making more of a habit of utilizing the earth circle, or a small warded structure set inside of the cabin to leave such items in. In this way the items will at least have a minimal amount of protection, and ideally an extremely limited group with access.

As a barrister, my initial concern on a loss to theft is ensuring it doesn't happen again, and determining why it happened this time. Clearly the House of Games, our Two knights, as well as those others present when Renlee fell where a group of seasoned, and powerful enough people to keep track of such things as were found. I know most adventurers in town serve a higher calling, but for myself the ability to gather wealth is central to my ability to care for my group members, and those that live in my keep. This is a trust usually reserved for those of far nobler abilities than I, and I take it seriously.

My services, as always, remain available, no item entrusted to my care has ever been forgotten, lost, or stolen because I make no assumptions to their safety in any circumstance.

As of yet, in my years in Wayside, or other lands, I have never seen a theft of this nature be returned, or discovered/prosecuted, either because the items are sold elsewhere, or those that committed the crime have to much influence or power to be charged. So while I hold out very little hope of this wealth being recovered, I do hope that it will, once again, remind us of our duty to properly preserve the wealth we find. In this way we help protect our futures, it is all well and good to be noble, generous, and forgiving of loss, but when it is time to plant seeds, pay your tax to the kingdom, or hire soldiers to defend when there are simply to many locations to guard, such proofs of your 'noble lack of greed' are revealed to be folly.

-Enan Bluewater

All Adventurers,

This has seemed to be an issue after every market day. So, I will once again go over how we in BriarPass deal with any items found when as a town; all adventures who collaborate together to accomplish a larger goal. Moving the Ternian Circle is a prime example of us working as a 'town'. I am including traveling adventurers in this as well.

When ever we as a 'town' go en-mass a 'bag person' is to be named. That trusted 'bag person' is to receive all treasure found on that endeavor. It matters not how big or small; any item found goes to the 'bag person', no exceptions. If an item does not wind up going to the bag to be split evenly then it will be considered theft. And carry the full penalty of the law behind it.

This will also include if we go as a 'town' to a location and split up into smaller groups. If we for example go to Spider Island and while there split up, any items found must then go back to the 'bag person'. This does not count if we split up and go to different planes of existence and the like.

I mention this not out of greed. But, when items are stolen and adventurers do not get an even share bonds between us fall apart. For some the emotional reward is enough but for others material wealth is a main reason why they adventure.

I hope that this will not come up again.

Sera FallingStar

Back