ATTN: Philadelphia Travelers

Circe

Artisan
Hello, Philly folks!

As most of you know, we have something of a logistical conundrum for the upcoming September event: it falls on the Pope's visitation weekend, and getting in or out of the city during that time is going to be a feat, to say the least. But I have found a possible solution for you guys!

The kind owners of Faire Play are allowing us to arrive a day early before the event to help avert the nightmarish traffic issues resulting from Philadelphia's Pope-palooza. I will be arriving on site sometime Thursday afternoon and will gladly coordinate timing/arrangements with those interested in coming down early. Additionally, I will be staying later on Sunday for those who plan to leave late -- returning to the city on Sunday will also likely be a nightmare, so I'm more than happy to stick around to make sure we all have a comfortable place to stay while Pope-ageddon calms down.

This does come with the caveat of making sure you clean up after yourself! I will be focusing on setting up/tearing down our sets for the event, so I would appreciate it if our guests would make sure to clean their own dishes and throw away their own trash while I'm running around like a madwoman.

Please inform me directly if you plan to arrive early or stay late.

Additionally: for those seeking carpools to the event out of Philadelphia, feel free to use this thread to coordinate!

Last edited:
Donna, you are a life saver.

I will take this opportunity to be one of the first to ask for a ride to the event, as for some incomprehensible reason, instead of making people's lives easier Dave's branch has decided to make him work through that whole headache. If there are people leaving Thursday night or Friday night to get on site, both are perfect, as my university has thoughtfully cancelled Friday classes for that date. If you are willing to let me catch a ride with you please message me so we can figure out the hows. For those that do and don't know me, I still promise that I am not a serial killer, and wont do bad things to you or your vehicle.

That is all :)
Thanks again for bringing this up Donna.
-Alex G

Does anyone have info on the closures and what not? I need to figure out if I will have to leave strait from work or if I can go home and catch a couple hours of sleep.

Back