Atupal "Public Announcement" and Self-Determination

Mobius

Squire
Chicago Staff
Marshal
In pursuit of establishing fertile and appropriate earth to nurture First Forest, I have been extensively studying the magical vehicle commonly known as Atupal. While it is perhaps easy to confuse this sprawling device with a mountaintop, it has already traveled through the skies of both Prademar and Gavaria and, though it is currently at rest in northeastern Passwall, it has the ability to travel to any point within Gavaria, and through the Mists, with a relative ease.

My survey of the land will be openly published in the coming months, but as of right now, I have mapped a total of approximately 23 square miles of land with a large number of--inexplicably contradictory--varying climates, topography, flora, and fauna including extensive subterranean excavations.

All this being said, I wish to address the Crown's Announcement recently spread through the land:

Mercenaries from across the mists, also known as the Adventurers of Wayside, having helped with the many events surrounding the coronation of Queen Pavia the first of Gavaria, have developed some renown with the new monarch of the kingdom. In the interests of furthering relations, Queen Pavia has Decreed that the island of Atupal has been bequeathed as the dominion of the Mercenaries of Wayside. It shall be her-to-forth (sic) managed and developed by said peoples. While this land shall be considered belonging to none of the three dutchy’s (sic) which it borders, it is still under the purview of the Kingdom of Gavaria. The people of Gavaria look forward to seeing what the mercenaries from across the mists have to offer.
To be sure, the young queen is sending a mixed legal message by "bequeathing dominion" to an ever-shifting collection of Ternian, Anretian, Gavarian, and assorted traveling commoners and Lords while still asserting "ownership". As well, while "mercenaries" describes certain aspects of the community, I believe many would be loath to embrace that moniker as it has negative connotations and does not fully encompass the group's ethos. Regardless, I will be attending the Gavarian Court in the next few months to fully explore the edges of "dominion" as well as to determine if "Adventures of Wayside" is intentionally exclusive. I believe her intent is to offer some form of land tenure to those settling the Atupal device and its environs.

In short, I feel the Queen is extending limited autonomy to "the adventurers" on how to divide, settle, maintain, and govern Atupal.

While this governance will be a work in progress, I would like to start an open discussion on the nature of this community and how we will maintain progress and balance. As the Queen did not delineate, I expect that while Lords, Knights, Guildmasters, and assorted Gentry will hold a place of reverence for their earned position in society, common-folk should stand on equal footing in this discussion.

Given this preamble, I invite any who wish to speak their mind to do so.

Dramthin Hartsboon
Prademar University
Keeper of the Tainted Grove

Last edited:
As a native of Gavaria and a fledgling Swordmage of the Atishi Militia, my only desire is to protect and keep the lands I call home. It's good to be back.

Pvt. Tel'rendiir Baeryth

My dear friend Dramthin,

I hold no station in the hierarchies or either mistsphere, but I humbly request a seat at the Table of Power to advocate on behalf of the Gavarian common folk in surrounding Passwall and who initially colonized Atupal when it was yet but ruins landed off the coasts of Terna- and if not me, then one of their own in my stead.

I have been serving them for the last few months, and though I am grateful for the Queen’s gift, my hope is that their interests are still voiced, and that the burgeoning infrastructure of this new municipality factors their needs as well as ours.

With humble deference,
Housemother Adlao- HM, LSW

Dramthin,

I managed to get away briefly for a visit with Queen Pavia and Sir Euron. After a few discussion and exchange of presents, I believe I have something that will be a nice gift to you and our friends as you all work to make Atupal suitable for our comrades.

I'll see you at Friday's market on the 14th.

A simple Prince,
Gregory Renaldo Binks III

Back