Atupali Spring Festival

Mobius

Squire
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Fellow Atupali,

The Order of the Pearled Heart, the Jade Hawks, and Ash'varnor are pooling their resources to fund and hold Ashl's Spring Festival for Atupal and Gavaria in the next weeks. It will celebrate the end of a troubling Winter and offer a time of peace and camaraderie during the arduous planting season.

However, Ashl's Festival will also reknit and reinkindle friendship between the feags and taugs, rejuvenate the dwindling Healing energy of Watcher Pyrrah, and create a merchant and crafter space within Atupal for all Gavarian masters and apprentices to attend and unite.

It is to be held near Ashl's Grove in Northern Atupal. All are welcome to attend!

Yet, in order to fully actualize this event, I would ask for assistance from the Atupali public. The more adventuring spirits who commit themselves to the cause, the greater the reward for Gavaria and its people.

The Order and Hawks are fronting funds to establish the facilities, food, personnel, as well as magical protection (though any others who wish to contribute are welcome). However, we need specific assistance in any of the following avenues:
  • Assisting Rolig and Sköldar in convincing feags and taugs to attend in the spirit of goodwill and camaraderie. The Hawks will be leading this delicate effort, but any adventurer with connections to this group or the willingness to assist in healing these broken people can lend their hand.
  • Rounding up, coordinating, and managing the forestors and craftsfolk who will be creating and maintaining the festival grounds themselves. This is the creative and expressive side of the festival and an opportunity to let your inner artisan shine. We need to make the festival beautiful, vibrant, and inviting (not to mention safe).
  • Focusing Healing and regrowth energy with Watcher Pyrrah and Ashl. As the Watcher has taken up residence in Ashl's Grove, she will be part of the festivities. By her lead, we will create a connection between her and the land, allowing her to rejuvenate her own diminished Spirit and to protect and bulwark Ashl against further attacks. This will be a mystical and spiritual journey and all, even those without magical or healing skills, are invited to assist.
  • Convincing, enticing, cajoling, browbeating merchants, masters, and apprentices from all over Gavaria to attend, hawk their wares, and share their insights, grog, and merriment. The festival will serve as a crafter's convention and connection point for Masters seeking apprentices and vice versa. Those who are social in nature, have connections in these circles, or just want an excuse to booze it up in taverns while chatting up locals about the festival are all welcome. It will also be an excellent opportunity to hear the people and gain insight in their troubles.

Anything else folks feel would contribute is welcome and applauded. This is a grass-roots effort and will swell in direct proportion to the number of Spirits who invest their time and resources.

[OOG - This is an IBGA group Action. Note it in your Gavaria IBGA Response due 03/31]

Thank you for your attention and support. Feel free to reach out with questions.

Hart hold you,
Dramthin Hartsboon
Tomekeeper, Vicomte Rosen
Keeper of the Tainted Grove

Last edited:
If you would be so kind, could you expand on this -
  • Convincing, enticing, cajoling, browbeating merchants, masters, and apprentices from all over Gavaria to attend, hawk their wares, share insights, grog, and merriment. The festival will serve as a crafter's convention and connection point for Masters seeking apprentices and vice versa. Those who are social in nature, have connections in these circles, or just want an excuse to booze it up in taverns while chatting up locals about the festival are all welcome. It will also be an excellent opportunity to hear the people and gain insight in their troubles.

Sir Captain,

One purpose of Ashl's Festival is to promote cross dialogue and interaction between Atupal and the greater Gavarian nation. We are known as an adventurer stronghold, but little else. The Festival will serve as a welcoming party to the country showing that we are an engaging and supportive group.

Second, by staging a market, several ale tents, a cattle yard, and related sundries, I hope to encourage some barter and trade between locals and merchants abroad.

Finally, there are a wealth of local youths seeking apprenticeships; I am hoping to connect them with Masters.

Incidentally, and specifically for you, if some few bards attend and happen to reacquaint the population with some few songs of remembrance and history-- Well, that will be pleasant as well.

Short term, it will prove a lively affair with plenty of friendly commerce and energy, which will serve to bolster both Ashl and Watcher Pyrrah. Long term, I hope it sets the stage for Atupal to become a neutral trade hub for goods and services.

That is the gist. Did you have any specific questions?

Dramthin Hartsboon
Tomekeeper, Vicomte Rosen

Friends!

The Ashl Spring Festival is underway and will crescendo this coming Saturday, five days hence!

While the bulk of the Festival is being held in Ashl's Grove in northern Atupal, many Festivities will begin in downtown Atupal including:
  • Dire Bore Hunt Saturday morning care of feag Zwiebeck.
  • Bardic Competition Saturday night during dinner led by The Almaran College of Bards.
  • Happy High Tea with the feags and taugs Saturday afternoon. Come by to say hi the original settlers of this land.
  • Wandering Merchants and Traders. The best and brightest artisans of Gavaria will hawk and sell their wares through the day and night.
  • More to be announced!
Come on down to Ashl's Grove for: ongoing Master apprenticeship matching; an open-market for trade, sale, and barter; a truly tantalizing, and monstrous, food and drink tent; and, of course, the Maypole and dance-field with full-day and night bards and minstrels from the finest ale-halls and bardic colleges across Gavaria!

I look forward to see you all there!

The Order of the Pearled Heart and the Jade Hawks have thrown their collective strength into this Festival and raised the ridgepole farther than I could have ever hoped. We have brought in merchants, masters, apprentices, and traders from across the land to mingle, learn, and dance in Atupal. It is a marvel of Atupali and Gavarian ingenuity and cooperation. This is truly a gathering of the nation's finest folk.

I want to thank all the participants and hard workers who are making this gathering of craft and spirits possible. I have been hustling to and fro across the country and am amazed at the wealth of camaraderie of the Gavarian people.

While all involved are hard workers, I would like to name a few who have pushed above and beyond to ensure that Atupal, Ashl, Watcher Pyrrah, and the people of Gavaria are able to enjoy this gathering.

Master Rolig Storkille of the Jade Hawks has been instrumental in bringing the feag and taug people together at this gathering. Through the sweat of his brow and the sparkle of his perfect smile (not to mention more than a little fast-talking), he has created bridges between these warring tribes. For the first time in generations, the aboriginal people of the peninsula have are sitting down together and discussing the laborious and treacherous terms for reconciliation and peace. I feel he should be celebrated as a Peace Maker and I will be working with Rosen on a commendation.

Master Rook of Bintis County led an amazing team of foresters, farmers, and laborers in establishing the grounds for the festival. He ensured that all merchants and crafters have established stalls, that food and drink are distributed widely and available, and that the Maypole was firmly rooted and ready for a proper Spring Celebration. Most importantly, he worked with Ashl to ensure that all local flora and fauna was protected and properly stewarded during this time of stress. The Forest has never been happier and better tended - the Grove is shimmering with life and energy. Master Rook was conscientious and dedicated and I name him Friend of the Grove, ally to the Ash'Varnor.

Finally, I would like to extend my appreciation to the Headmaster of the Almaran College in Cinem, the Linnean Merchant Council, Viscount William Cecil of Rosen who is bankrolling the ale (drink up in his honour!), Ash'Varnor, Squire Gregor of Korab, and the Atupali community who have welcomed Ashl into their home. Thank you one and all.

Dramthin Hartsboon
Tomebearer, Vicomte Rosen

Last edited:
Back