Auction 1xday ward, prison, magic storm,CoP, Elemental blast

BtB

Spellsword
Young Masters and Mistresses,

I have another item up for auction. This auction will end at the end of this moon (4/30/11)

Wooden Box with carving (fits in the palm of your hand)
5 year duration (March 2016), effects Celestial:
Circle of Power x1/d
Elemental Blast: Lighting x1/d
Magic Storm x1/d
Prison x1/d
Ward x1/d

Most are familiar with my terms at this point, but a refresher. I take a 10% commission on any item I sell (this insures that I try to get the highest possible bid/value for my customers). As a general rule, I do not bid in my own auctions. You may bid here or send me a missive to bid anonymously. I prefer that you bid here, but understand the need for some to keep their business private. If you wish to enter a proxy, this service is free. I will bid for you in increments of your choosing to a pre-set amount. The benefits to setting your proxy first is that if I have multiple proxies the first superceeds the later. For example Yohon, TadRon and Idris all give me a proxy bid up to 35 gold in increments of 5 gold. Yohon sent his proxy first, so his proxy bid would superceed TadRon and Idris. In the case of a bidder here in this dream realm, should your bid be higher than a proxy bid, there is nothing I can do about that, so should Yohon have a proxy bid up to 35 in, but TadRon makes a public bid at 35, just as in a real auction TadRon's bid would hold it.

If you bid and you win and your money is not here at the end of the auction, there is a 10% sur-charge to the bidder. This covers the inconvenience of me paying the client for your item. It also covers the safe delivery of your item by my caravans. There is some room for negotiation here. The price is firm, but the method of payment is negotiable. Last auction I ended up accepting components at 2 gold per to cover the sur-charge of multiple orders. I am always open to interesting trades.

Your item will not be sent to you until payment in-full is made. I am adding an additional clause that if your payment has not arrived in a tenday, for each day after you will incur a 1% interest on the payment owed. I am still waiting for payment for some items that were sold in the last auction that ended almost a month ago. I am a merchant and depend on my cash fluidity.

Best of luck bidding,
Bob the Blacksmith

(oog all payments sent by mail must include "signature confirmation." I will include signature confirmation and insurance on ANY package I send to you. IG - I own multiple wagon caravans and ships which will make the journey to you)

Re: Auction 1xday ward, prison, magic storm,CoP, Elemental b

Well that did not take long. I have my first anonymous bid and proxy of 30 gold

Best of luck bidding
BtB

New high bid of 40 gold

Are there any flaws to this item?

Greyesmere

45 gold

Jehan

soleedge said:
Are there any flaws to this item?

Greyesmere

No flaws

Proxy bid to 50 gold

Best of Luck Bidding,
BtB

Question Bob. Why would some one not auction it off them self? Its not much work do hold an auction through the dreams. Guess some people are really lazy...I should know, I am VERY Lazy.

I assume that the item travels.

I believe in addition to the fairly low effort of making sure to dream regularly master Bob also ensures payment and handles the shipment through his wagon trains. If you wish to sell an item yourself you are of course welcome to, but I urge you to make sure you protect such value able shipments properly. Beyond that master Bob has a number of contacts in many lands to ensure that the item goes for a fair value, which other independent people might not have, having to depend on those with means happening to dream at the right time to bid on their item. I've always found it amusing how adventurers often seem to take offense to the very idea of people earning a wage for their efforts, I myself would not travel very frequently if it was not for my valued customers that appreciate the services I provide enough to pay with their hard fought coin, as I am by no means brave enough to make my living by the sword or adventuring.

-Barrister Enan Bluewater

Gilwing said:
Question Bob. Why would some one not auction it off them self? Its not much work do hold an auction through the dreams. Guess some people are really lazy...I should know, I am VERY Lazy.

I assume that the item travels.

The item will travel anywhere.

Many find it easier to use my well earned reputation. You know that if you see an auction from me, the item is legitimate. You also know that I depend on my reputation as a merchant, so if there is any funny business it would hurt my reputation. Items are NEVER sent until payment is made, this makes some people very nervous, so they know if they send me the gold, the item will come hades or high water. I also send out personalized messages to my better customers welcoming them to bid, so I am able to generate more interest in the item. And as the good Barrister stated, I already have many different wagon caravans and ships with guards in my employ. Further I am the Royal Trade Ambassador for my home, which just gives it all a tidy sense of officialese.

No one is required to use my service as an auctioneer to either buy or sell and item. This is actually one of my less profitable endeavors. I rarely get involved in business that does not garner a better than 20% return.

I thank you for your question, but ask that all other inquires not directly related to properties of the aformentioned magic box not be posted here where business is conducted. Please limit your participation in this area to questions about the item or bids.

Many thanks and blessings,
BtB

Oh by the way I have a proxy bid up to 55 gold

proxy 100 gold

there seems to be some more interest in this item, so I will leave it on the block a few more days.

BtB

Proxy bid 130... I had almost called the auction. From this point out, serious bidders only please and turn around needs to be faster, let us say 48 hrs.

Best of luck bidding
BtB

Going once

cymryc said:
125 Gold
Daylynn

I just wanted to personally inform you that I was going to put a 48 hr turn around on the bids so we can wrap this up. My last proxy bidder was very late in getting to me, for that I apologize. If you let me know you are not interested then I can close out the auction with an easy conscience since it seems to be down to just you two.

Many blessings,
Bob the Blacksmith

Going twice

(oog - my apologies if you are waiting for this to be settled. In the midst of this auction I was in a car accident that totaled my car and sent me to the hospital. I am fine, but I have been spending an abnormal amount of time trying to get my insurance to do what it is suppose to do and I had to find a new car, which I am happy to say I bought yesterday and pick up tomorrow. So forgive "BtB's" lack of professionalism, but RL got in his way)

Sold to the anonymous bidder in the funny hat!!!

Back