Audition Day - faire day

jpariury

Duke
So, for the Sept 25th Faire Day, we have the possibility of having Dave (Holly's dad) and Ruthanne (his wife) serving up some food. The cost would be 5 bucks a head, and would include barbecued chicken, grilled sausage or hot dogs, potato salad, and some drinks. We would need at least 10 people to jump in on this to make it cost effective, so please sound off if you're interested!

The intention is to have it be an in-game meal with NPCs available for discussions, meetings, etc.

I'm down.

Same here.

Damn sounds like this is turning into a party wish I could go!

I'm up for it.

Wish I could go. :( It sounds so yummy! Stupid school having to be on the weekend. :(

I'm in.

Cool, people are "in", "down" and "up". We'll go ahead and do this, then. Keep chiming in so we have a rough idea of how much food needs to be prepped, though!

Zip it up, and zip it out...

Fo sho. I also am bringing a few people (don't have exact numbers yet) and Im sure at least 2 of them will be inupdownforit.

So, looking at the forecast weather for that day, prospects for a rainless day are not looking good. At the moment, I am going to hope for the best, but keep an eye on this space on Wednesday... if it looks like we're going to have more than light showers, we will likely cancel the faire day.

It's not an easy choice to make, but the goal for the faire day is to give as many players AND characters a chance to vie for one of the coveted positions as possible. I feel that the story we want to tell, and you guys as players, and the characters you portray, would not be well-served by letting only those gung-ho enough to risk sickness (their own and our npcs) be able to compete in-game for the positions. If that happens, the main portion (The Audition) will be moved to the event itself, and some sort of in-game explanation will be given. Moving the faire day to another weekend would, in my opinion, be stacking it much too close to the Seattle event.

That said, assuming that the skies decide to be kind and clear up, how would people feel about a 9am logistics time, 10am start time? With having a mid-day meal, I believe we have enough planned to fill in 6 hours rather than 4.

Oh no! I hope it will be sunny, just this once.. ;__;

And those times are A-Okay for me and my sis

I'll pray for sunny skies then!

And the early start is fine by me too.

Myself and at least three other people will be at the Faire, and look forward to eagerly enjoying some fine food provided, so count us in.

As for the weather... it is Oregon, but maybe we will get lucky. :D

Back