Audition Day - faire day

Oh, and I forgot to mention - if it is sunny, which I pray to Gackt it is, then me and my twinly would love to have some BBQ!

I just really don't want the event to be canceled.. It's my first time as a PC, and I've been looking forward to this for months. D:

Ooh, I've never performed a backward dance before.

If it still goes, I could handle it starting in the morning.

I don't know if this means much (since Oregon's weather is unpredictable), but I've been checking for weather forecasts for the next week - and on three different websites, it says that it's supposed to be partly sunny with a high of 68 degrees. I really hope that this is true! :D

A little rain has never stopped us, we're all Oregonians/Washingtonians here, I think we'll be ok.

I should be there unless work calls last minute, and I'd be happy to participate in food.

Asakura said:
I don't know if this means much (since Oregon's weather is unpredictable), but I've been checking for weather forecasts for the next week - and on three different websites, it says that it's supposed to be partly sunny with a high of 68 degrees. I really hope that this is true! :D
Yeah, I've been watching the forecasts like a hawk. Things look to be improving!

Keep up the backwards dancing! We're currently expecting sunny with 77F. Yay!

Also, some other news: an old player (as in she played a while ago, not that she's old) contacted me about doing an article for the Willy Week reviewing 7 of the LARPs in the Portland area, and wants to maybe swing out and take some photos and such.

Oh wow, 77F? I hope that it won't be too hot for my Wylderkin... Who is completely black. xD
Oh well, I'll grin and bear it - as long as the event's not canceled.

That's really cool! Even though I'm not photogenic, that's still exciting news!

In what part of the park will this be held?

jpariury said:
[...] how would people feel about a 9am logistics time, 10am start time? With having a mid-day meal, I believe we have enough planned to fill in 6 hours rather than 4.

Please remember that there are some people that are coming from further away than Portland. For instance, Seattle is about 3/3.5 hours away - that means that if you want to start at 9 am, people would need to be leaving seattle at 5:30/6 am. Most people are not used to having to get up that early and when they have to, tend not to be in the greatest of moods.

Maybe it would be possible for logistics to start at 11, the event itself starting at 12, and instead of ending at 4, it could end around 6? It's just an idea, but Amy brings up a good point. I would be game with going till 6, but if it's a problem for others... Hmmm.. Scratches at her scales. :/

Any word on start time/game possibly being cancelled? I'm fine with game starting early, just wanna get my plans squared away. :)

Well, no one's 100% sure if it's going to rain or not, since we're talking about Oregon weather, but it seems likely that it will be sunny on Saturday - and if it's sunny, it won't be canceled! :D
As for the times, I think we'll have to wait for JP's response. I wouldn't mind the 9AM time-slot either, but that's probably because I'm in Portland.. ^^;;

Okay, so, final decision stuff - game is on, weather is forecast to be 80F, and partly sunny.

Holly, Adam and I will be at Mt Tabor at 10am to pick out one of the first-come, first-serve pavilions, between the three of us, we'll handle logistics and such. I know Holly will be setting up one of the other modules during that time, if any of the NPCs can show up to help out, that'd be smooth.

At noon, we will begin food and in-game meetingness and such, with the modules and like to start at 1pm. Our plan is to run at least until the main mod is done, up to 6pm or so, more or less depending on player interest.

Right now, my NPC list plus Plot for the game day are guild members:
Adam
Amanda
Amy
Bryan
Holly
Joe
JP

We could definitely use two or three more NPCs, so there ya go! If you have any questions, ask away!

I believe at least two of my NPC's from the last event will be there, I need to confirm though.

Edit:
Thomas and Evan will be there as NPC's.

Edit, Part Two.
Brandon and his dad will be there to NPC.

Holy Cow, the weather prediction keeps getting warmer and warmer every day for Saturday! xD
And those times sound just fine to me - I know I'd be willing to stay the whole time!

Ah, crap. I will have to duck out at 4 to run my playtest for Beyond the Aether. Drat. Well, if Poxy winds up missing out on Phat Lootz and plot, I guess that's the price I pay.

I expect that the main section, the audition itself, will be wrapped up before then, if that helps. There's some problem-solving involved, so that can always take a while depending on the alertness of the players. :)

jpariury said:
Joe - have I mentioned lately that you rock?

Not nearly enough.

Back