August 1-day

jnelson

Adept
A well-done mod day. Ryan, many kudos to you for the shadow-rift mod. Well scaled, well played, and fun! I definatley felt challenged without feeling like I was playing a "you just lose" game...which is hard to do when you have players of varying levels. Many props to you!

Some favorites:

The expression on Rob's face when I panicked and threw an Elemental Blast (ice-type) at his tiny flame elemental instead of the Ice Bolt I had -intended- to throw!

Discussions on magical theory with Jehan and Marial (sorry if I spelled it wrong, I will edit for spelling!)

Dramthin getting berserked during the void mod (most effective packet I threw all weekend!)

Dramthin with the ninja-dodging of packets during the void mod

Josh smashing through everything as a troll (They have a cave troll!)

All-in-all tons of fun! Thanks, guys!

Guys,

This weekend rocked... some of my favorites -

Lord Sylvos (Paul) doing a real "spell-riposte" with the hammer

The look on Liddia's (Amanda Feigenheimer) face when her left-for-dead father called her a whore for the way she dressed, in front of the town

David Glaeser & Adam Peckron's dancing goblins in the tower

Dramthin's (John Greenwood) geek-gasm at the tower

I had a good time... slower start than I would have liked and a little less organized on both sides with PCs and NPCs than I would have liked... at the end of the day we still got a bunch of mods of the ground and some good moments were had:

Spell Riposte- Man we need to get that rule in effect and I need to use a hammer when I PC cuz I "parried" away all 10 of Sylvos's spell parries by actually hitting the packet and slapped one back a goodly distance.

"Crap they wheres the cave trolls handler"- That was awesome!

"Meet the Fallingstars"-Togashin on 1 knee for a good 10 mins glaring at Liddia before she finally realized she hadn't introduced him yet.... Dramthin's "comming my lord" followed by an "oh crap im gunna die".

Iced Monster Drink/Necktar of the Bitter rose- We became animals there for a bit.

Teacher/Learning Formal from Ayako, and Mariel- anytime you get to do that its fun.

Durl's souvenir game- What are the odds for that? It was a great time and I got to give Sasha a piece of armor after his got turned to slag.

Shadow mod- Overall well scaled and good times

Shadow mod plot hold conversation between Joy and I- "Paul you know your scroll book is getting run outta ligths in a minute" " Not really".... (few minutes go by Ryan explains the situation/what we see) " Hey Joy... that book is going to get run out of lights right?)

Ritual Flaws- All day long... not 1 rit was cast without a flaw... thats a freakin record.

Elle/Jehan "it's gotta be ok" conversation- Twas amazingly fun RP

Jehan responce to "how's it feel to be an elf"- "cold" :)

Dramthin "packet dodger" heartsboon- During the void mod it was insane.

By Far the best moment was that everyone NPCed 1-2 mods which helps take the weight off Roy, Thomas and I.... and as we step up and learn to NPC a little more and get more NPCs we can have a better overall scaling to the game.

gotta give a wide round o'applause for all you kirazy kats. ¡thank you Iowa and Minnesota and Michigan crews for schlepping across the Midwest - y'all always bring the awesome sauce! thank you Paul, Roy, Tom for staffing a great event, and all the PCs what volunteered to throw themselves on the NPC grenade, much appreciated. ¡haven't had that much fun at a one day since the world was young!

Back