August 2014: Best Moments, Quotes

To those I hit in the eyes with arrow packets on the Saturday night fight again I am so sorry. Starting next month I'll be hucking spells like that at NPC shields and bodies instead. Its really hard to hit anyone behind a shield wall with an arrow :(

I apologize if my response was vehement about that. It was just a shock to get hit in the eyes. As was said, it IS a danger of the job, but you also adjusted your tactics once you realized it was unsafe-ish for the arrow catchers. I'll also say you were hitting well when you started throwing lower. Pointy shields are hard to block the low shots with. (Why did I tell him that...)

As to my favorite moments:
  • As Trace said, getting physically chucked through the tavern door because Connor was trying to fulfill his role as guard and Dame Katherine was having NONE of it. I now know what getting tossed by someone with an endow feels like...
  • Cheering for my teammates representing Warchester. It was great getting to know some of the other people I haven't played much with yet better.
  • Seeing Kendrick trip as he moved away from two enemies with one of their weapons and being able to run forward and slide into place across the gravel with shield and sword ready until he was back on his feet. He was quickly back up and in action, but it felt great to be in a position to help even a little like that.
  • Standing in the dark next to Squire Yarrow as the undead Warchester court came out. The mix of feelings that arose from that was great, and as always, so was being able to fight next to someone Connor trusts by his side, especially with Tinder behind us supporting the two of us so well.
  • Watching Sir Morningtide receive his honor from the Dutchess, and then seeing Sir Osborne chosen as First Knight of Warchester. Both of them have played into a gradual change in how Connor sees honour and chivalry in Acarthia.
  • Half-trotting forward to stay with the force responding to the Heart-eaters Saturday night, only to heard Baron Darius call Connor back and ask him to stay close by. I don't know if he saw the exhaustion that was settling over me at that point, but moving slow at that point was a blessing...
  • Standing in the tavern and noticing NPC's pick up Dame Katherine's sword and shield and attempt to walk out with it and confronting them, and when they BEGAN to resist, Sir Manko waylayed one as Connor raised his sword to stop the other dead in his tracks. Then giving a statement to the magistrate which included "I'm from... um... uh...*hand on head* I'm so exhausted..."
  • Uninterrupted Snackie time. ;)
This really was a fun event with a surprising number of non-tournament moments. :)

Last edited:
I apologize if my response was vehement about that. It was just a shock to get hit in the eyes. As was said, it IS a danger of the job, but you also adjusted your tactics once you realized it was unsafe-ish for the arrow catchers. I'll also say you were hitting well when you started throwing lower. Pointy shields are hard to block the low shots with. (Why did I tell him that...)

Totally okay to tell me that! I'm going to be using shields as spell catchers form now on and I'll be on your side! And being hit in the eyes a couple of time over the last three events I know the feeling so no worries to your reaction!

Greetings one and all!

I have to admit I ended up enjoying the weekend more than I thought I would! Alliance is my first real LARP, hence this was my first tournament experience, and I went in with much trepidation. Now, I can't wait for next year!

A big thank you to Jesse, Jen, and all those who help bring this game to life and keep it interesting. Each and every one of you are appreciated more than any of us PCs can express in words! Thank you all so very much for your tireless efforts!

Some of my favorite moments/things, in varying lengths of description, are as follows:
  • 3 vs 3 battles: Great matches were had that day! I enjoyed each and every one of them. I had so much fun fighting at the side of Eric and Jose (Squire Noah and Monty respectively) and hope to repeat the same next year.
  • Mr December! Ray (Sir Morningtide) continues to be so much fun to RP with. Truly, I enjoy RPing with everyone, but Ray's portrayal of Sir Morningtide has truly impressed me. Squire Brom has begun to view Sir Morningtide as his personal hero. Right next to Dame Katherine anyway :) Sir Morningtide is fun when he needs to be, possesses great humor when needed, and is kind and empathetic when his friends and compatriots need him the most. Above all, Sir Morningtide is such an honorable and respectful person. A truly terrific role model for Brom... indeed for all of the squires. I look forward to all future interactions between Brom and Eldrid just as I personally look forward to all future interactions with Ray!
  • The Shadow Key mod: Man it was great fighting through an expertly setup module against awesome NPCs (It was so dark I couldn't make out any faces to better identify you all but know that you ALL rocked that encounter!) while shoulder to shoulder with many I don't get to normally adventure with. Before I go any further I want to apologize in advance if I misspell anyone's name. I mean no offense and would love to have the correct spelling if I get anything wrong. Sir Egyl, Sir Osborne, Squire Walsey, Brennan and Squire Brom fought shoulder to shoulder and cycled each other out as armor began to erode away. The whole while we were supported by Lagarde, Felstar, and Dame Ashani at the front and Brooke Blaine (of the Dockside Blaines) and Tinder at our backs. The effort Jen and company went through to set up the area for the mod was fantastic and the whole thing was expertly run. Great mod from all angles. Again, I especially liked fighting at the sides of those I don't normally get to adventure with. We all moved like a unit of 'soldiers', communicated well, and protected each other well. Of note was Lagarde's effort to hold on to a fleeing Brom who was struck with a fear strike. Shouting over his shoulder for assistance while maintaining his Endow effect as best as he could really stood out in Brom's mind. Lagarde, you are alright in my book! ;-)
  • Vincet (as Inaki) entertaining the crowd. Each team had their own voice and presentation and all did quite well but the laughter brought on by Vincent was truly remarkable to watch! Jose's part at the beginning was also quite good!
  • The whole Spirit Wrack fight. Damn, that was creepy. Well done Jesse, well done! I am sure I speak for many of the PCs when I say I was expecting another large greenskin battle when we saw the NPC horde approach. Then, in the dark of the night, with that bright light illuminating the main Orc from behind, hearing "Activate Spirit Wrack" I quickly clenched my... well... you know... and went into fighting withdrawal mode. The resulting fight in and around the tavern was fantastic!
  • Facing the Undead forms of the lost court of Warchester. Ouch. That was quite a shock. It was good to see Rick and company again but man was it bittersweet. I am sure this fight and the events surrounding it will be burned in our minds for quite a while. Thank you all for coming out and making it happen!
  • 1 v 1: I went in to the weekend expecting to NOT fight in the champions challenge. I would be breaking my oath of honesty if I said I wasn't relieved for this fact. But, with much logic and discussion, it was decided that Brom should be the champion of the team. Panic mode! That quickly went away though once the combats started. The whole of it was quite fun and I learned a lot. I especially like, if I may be so self-centered for a moment, the challenge with Squire Walsey. After he expertly disarmed Brom, and Brom's hectic and defiant defense while he made his way back to his sword, picking it up, giving it a few twirls... and the applause and cheers that resulted... damn that was a good feeling! Was a good fight too! Well done John, well done!
  • Casey as Sir Manco: I love RPing with Casey and I am so excited that he is now the Baron of Warchester as it means I should have many more opportunities to RP with him. Awesome! Sir Manco is a perfect fit for Warchester. Stern, Devoted, and Honorable. He will do the previous court proud!
  • Jack and his tavern crew: The food, per usual, was great! I especially liked the dumplings. I think I could eat a whole plate of just those with some gravy! Thank you for your continued efforts in the kitchen. Each and every one of you are appreciated! Thank you so much for your efforts and patience with us PCs!
Alright, before I ramble on and on I'll cut it short there. These are but a handful of great moments this game. Thank you all for being great people and playing great characters! I look forward to any and all future events with you all!

Wow, really to many things to mention. It took me a while to get my thoughts together and I'm sure i'm forgetting things.

* The undead warchester fight. Good from a technical standpoint and also the emotional RP from it. It was also very nice to stand with Conner and Tinder against them.
* The battle to reacquire Soul Wrack. I don't think I have ever been as much on Edge in game as I was with the hordes charging us. And the four in a row Spell Strike death's (One directed at me) was terrifying in the moment.
* Getting the know the Duchess and her family more and getting some additional depth from all of those characters.
* Interacting with Casey as Sir Manco, I really enjoy every RP opportunity I get with him.
* The Presentation of honors to Sir Morningtide and the Re-knighting of Sir Osborne to be first knight of Warchester. I enjoyed the ceremonies, very well done.
* Role-playing with Ray and getting to know my team even better though all the quality interaction with them this event.
* Fae Mushrooms...nuff said, but well done all involved in that!

Moar stories! Dont be shy folks, even if it's "I like turtles!"

VtTQW2v.jpg

Jonathan Tiberion to the Duchess before the race: "We're out of game now. You're not my mother."

I was on the shadow key mod too. The time limit made it incredibly fast paced and exciting. (I almost thought that we were done for when one of the monsters looked like he had broke through our lines and was attacking the people refitting, and I was relieved to find out that it didn't count because the NPC came into game without calling in!)

In one of the mods during the day I didn't use my sleep spell to save it for the spellcaster tourney, meaning that someone else had to use two high level scrolls to kill the monster. Then in the tourney I never even used most of the spells that I saved. Moral of the story: Don't be too greedy!

My interactions with the Duchess re: policy on charm spells and killing downed bandits were quite informative.

Sorry for the delay guys, last week was pretty rough for me.

I had no idea what to expect for this event. My job is often to support Tiatar in any shape form or fashion, so that means sometimes I hide in the tavern/tent while the whoopass occurs. That said here were some of my highlights -

• The calendar. Holy amazeballs B. I was literally speechless in and out of character for a solid 2 minutes. I was also impressed with Leora's brilliant scheme to acquire said object... she's sitting on what might be the most valueable item in the game. The art, the reactions, the... stunning... yeah. *ahem*
  • Getting to see that damned tent get used! That tent has a long history and tried to eat several members of Tiatar in another life....
  • Getting up at 4am in vegas knowing I'd be reunited with my Alliance family. Worth every penny for the early flight. #vegastoacarthia
  • Finally finding a hairstyle that works. (thank you again Kat for the months of help!)
  • Getting to RP with Dame Ishanti - had a TON of fun with her, looking forward to more RP in the future!
  • Getting to know Sir Jonathan Tiberion Jr. Very impressed with the RP here. :)
  • Watching and cheering for Tiatar. So much work and love went into the prep for these games, and I was so proud to cheer for my team.
  • Vincent's performance was amazing
  • Tinder singing and Eldred's storytelling.
  • Seeing how everyone represented their teams in terms of costuming.
  • Team Shiny - I agree w/ Porch, this was a fabulous display of what we've been working towards.
  • Some great RP w/ the Duchess!
  • I missed the warchester battle. I regret going to bed but after being up so early? I had to lie down. I loved hearing about it afterwards tho!
  • All the pictures and videos (thanks to my brother for doing them)
  • The top tens :) (and it's pretty hard to offend myself or my PC for the record)
  • My beloved Tiatarins! I am so lucky to be a part of this family. Thank you all - you make my weekend every event!
I know I'm forgetting stuff, but thank you to plot, the NPCs, Jenn, Jesse, to Jack and the tavern crew!!
Looking forward to Sept!
-Jules

Back