August 2019 Favorite Moments!

Sorry for the delay, friends! <3 Here is the place to post your favorite moments from Denver's August game! :D

My favorites
  • Exploring by the lake, being first to find some cards and resources.
  • Spending time with everyone in Peat's tent. Ice cream on a hot day.
  • Watching the horses.
  • Watching the fire juggling.
  • Being upwind while casting spells, I think someone in Nebraska is about to take a 20 ice bolt.
  • The themed mods aiding in the rebuilding in Forest Watch.
  • Magic mirror antics everywhere.
  • Meeting Lilium, and Constantine. Being able to teach Constantine about the game.
  • Receiving my first magic item, and winning a bid on a scroll.
  • OMG Sunday loot!
  • Vexo's game, perfect timing, and I didn't do too bad, couldn't take the Barron though.
  • The barn mod on Sunday. Having a fight in a barn was very well themed and executed.
  • Smaller site means less of a walk to everything.
  • Hanging out with Finn and Ember in their shade cover.
  • Going all out, using all my spells, channeling, and some of my powerful battle scrolls. First time I left site with a completely spent board.
  • The death was...unfortunate, but Korric knew he was walking into a suicide mission, and it was a great cause to him.
  • New coins are special.

It was very fun to play an alt this game, and I think it was really the perfect game to do it. Here are my favorites!

*Wolsey: "Do you want the good news or the bad news?" Constantine: "The bad news." Wolsey: "You're gonna lose your boots."
*Lilium: "Do you want another Sausage?" Demvarian: "I haven't had a sausage, yet." Lilium: "Peat says you already have one."
*Celestial casting! Who know this would be so fun? Making the fire ants REAL mad by throwing 20 ice was both invigorating and terrifying.
*Sharing snacks in Peat's tent with literally everyone.
*Being nearly knocked out of my chair by Ember after buying her a present (so sad it turned out to be a loss. Oh well. :( )
*Adventure time on Sunday with Zak, Constantine, Korric and the Warchester crew!
*Saturday night fight was really fun, and sufficiently challenging with the lack of healers.
*Getting to RP with folks I don't usually, including new players! Such fun.
*ALL the loot on Sunday, like jesus.
*Getting to hang out and chill at NPC camp for a little bit with Jenn, Mesmer and Jeremy. Such a good time. It's basically never that I go OOC, but this game was so relaxed that it seemed natural to do so while Jesse was off running a Settlers game. :)
*Helping the injured deer.
*Sitting on the giant horse after game!!!

• We all scream for ice cream! Getting to visit Peat's tent for the first time ever! Loved the relaxed atmosphere of being in character, but with no pressure to get up and go save the world for a little while.
  • The 5 minutes that Rivervale had a swank, civilized pavilion setup, and our greatest concern was not having our own holepunch
  • Getting to meet and adventure with Lilium, and Constantine Drake - both of whom impressed and fit right in! Lilium is so pretty, and her perennial cheer (gardening pun intended) was a breath of fresh air. I know Lilium probably won't be around often, but I hope that we'll see Constantine again soon! Kevin, I hope you thoroughly enjoyed your first event with us, and made some new chums!
  • Speaking of new people, thank you, Chase, and Gilbert backstage! I LOVED the huge grin perma-plastered on Gilbert's face through every encounter! His enthuasism and good cheer are delightfully infectious!
  • Great roleplay from both NPCs and PCs during the mod fight with "motives" that swing emotional attacks by carrier. NPCs telegraphed very well with body language the emotion they were swinging. Sir Noah knowing the cure but not bothering because he was despairing, and just gently patting Squire Demvarien's hair while he cried it out were the nice and subtle touches of roleplay that I really enjoy in others' acting performance.
  • Speaking of the good squire -- thoroughly enjoyed the more in-depth roleplay session among Baron Wolsey, Squire Demvarien and Kate! Too bad the rest of Clan Mosher couldn't be flies on the wall for that encounter; they would have enjoyed it OOG! That was my favorite IC moment of the day.
  • Arresting Doomwing! I think I am leading PCs in dragon-based achievements so far! ("Do they really teach hobglins to read??")
  • Dropping a bomb on Squire Connor - that was for Watson's Ferry! Got you back, Squire! ;)
  • Admired the craft of the map and the wargaming miniatures to illustrate the empowering "choose your own field battle" encounter for Forestwatch!
  • Getting to deliver a rousing inspirational speech before going into some hard fights with likely resurrections - thanks for putting up with me!
  • Getting Corrupted in the necropolis fight - honestly, I really love that effect! Then fighting by the skin of our teeth, and walking out with 2 Body Points and Drained... but walking out!
  • FIRE JUGGLING!!1111!!! Thank you, Jeff!
  • Getting to repeat my NPC role as Graham Wolsey's ancestor spirit - some very good roleplay there, and I eagerly look forward to watching you ignore every last warning from it, John! ;)
Looking forward to reuniting with all my friends, real and imaginary, in September! Mwah!

Trace Moriarty

Back