August 415 Favorite Moments, Deadlines, Feedback, & IBGAs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I've recovered enough to write about everything that was AWESOME about this event :)

• Starting the event fighting off a bunch of hungry bugs down a road, and not being able to find too many people to help. We were almost overwhelmed and so I ran forward to fortress as a makeshift shield, and at the same time I did that, everyone else immediately backed away, leaving me alone with 5-6 bugs.
  • Finally getting to begin joining the mages guild! Also seeing my first rituals being cast IG
  • First NPC shift, beetle fun with friends :) and then assassins!
  • Second NPC shift, the most AWESOME fae party ever! Ridiculous amounts of roleplay with some super awesome immersion made for the best party
  • The Orc fight was absolutely awesome, and then it turned into the most terrifying thing ever as soon as Anarchy showed up.
  • Siren mod, oh the Siren mod. Sirens are not something to play around with, and neither are land-sharks. But for some reason I keep playing with both of them. Good thing my great friends kept me alive :)
  • Awesome roleplay with Rawra, Ryu, Alis after the Anarchy fight.
  • Running around ruining advertisement pages of the newspaper because of LIES
All in all, super awesome event :) excited for the next time around!

I do have to admit that the Acarthian Times article about Knox and Peat was also epic. I'm fairly certain we spent the first half an hour of the Mage guild meeting razzing Knox. (I mean, seriously, the Hobbling did protest way too much - I really wanted to see Peat level the Am I not good enough to be your wife? stare at him in the aftermath of all of that).

Really, really good event, guys.

*The bug fight Friday night, being so overwhelmed with some many of my friends there was very scary!
*The Acarthian times. Seriously? When Peat finds out who did that... And for the record, Mage's guild, if ANYONE is slumming here, it's Peat. Obviously. Had Knox told you about his filthy tower?
*Thanks to Tinder, Morningtide, and Frank for sharing a tense moment before taking off to make a battlefield of the First Forest. I'm sure there will be no hard feelings. :mad:
*PERCY! Thanks for sharing the Saturday night fight with me. That was huge. And thanks also to David for some moments of scary (but intriguing) roleplay.
*Heading straight from my total cry-fest to NPC the fae party. Next time, I want to NPC a fae that doesn't hate everything! Paxton, thanks for all of the work you put into that mod, it was so worth it!
*Faestack.
*Npcing Sunday morning. Did you know that the Brood isn't supposed to bounce around cackling and grinning ear-to-ear? My bad. It's just such a nice break from Peat to go melt some faces once in a while. :)

*Thanks to Tinder, Morningtide, and Frank for sharing a tense moment before taking off to make a battlefield of the First Forest. I'm sure there will be no hard feelings. :mad:

lol you have no idea...I should be thanking you for something to do in my IBGAs. We'll have something to discuss next event for sure.

Peat can hold onto all of the hard feelings she likes. =)

That said, I really like playing off of Peat as Tinder. They are vastly different characters, and those differences as they come out in interaction make for a good examination for the whys of my character contrasted against ideas like 'dryad'. (I am really looking forward to the next game).

Also...

Regarding Knox and slumming - so not disagreeing.

Last edited:
I had fun this event despite the ZOMFG WHY?! state of my body. Apparently celestial formalist was totally the way to go since I got to experience a lot of story right from my cushion in the Mages Guild circle.

Favorite Snippets:

My first formal casting.
My second formal casting.
Using up 26 spells in fewer minutes.
Intoxicant cupcakes (Mages Guild is best guild.)
Thorgrim obsessing over my blanket.
Getting to use my OCS for the second time ever. (I even had a color sample available and I felt so fancy.)
My third formal casting. (Invest ALL THE MAGES!)
Izual, Leora, and Ivanya joining me for "missed the mod" milk and pastries Saturday night.
Parzivel, Locke, Ivan, Lola, Night, Griff, and Lady-elf-whose-name-I-forget kindly letting me join their Sunday morning to blow off some steam/mystical energy.
The gracious, polite, truthful conversation with the people in the mine about property rights.
Jay's impromptu dryadification.
The physical challenge for the bug nest (I could move again!). I always enjoy those and feel super accomplished if I succeed.
Knowing exactly where a needed document was due to mass guild re-organization (a.k.a. how Aneira spends her time alone in the guild).

Thank you all!

These are fabulous! Thx for posting all!
I have way too many to list... so...
My ultimate moment was Marshalling near the Land Bonding Stone dressed as Anarchy, and listening to the orc banter. They had to have RPed for over an hour easily while it took the PCs 90 minutes to make it to us from the time we set up.
The atmosphere of an orc camp... was... real. Ididn't have to imagine it. Even though I had a white headband on with skeletal makeup, I felt like an orc.
Kudos to all the NPCs and PCs who helped create that for us! It might be my favorite encounter ever in 2 years.

I didn't respond to this earlier because I wasn't sure what to say.
I loved this last weekend, but not for reasons that I feel are huge. Like, the Anarchy fight was incredible and in-character Arkaida is so disappointed that she wasn't able to help better. That's going to be a driving point for her. She felt weak, and she hates that.

But the moments that stuck out to me were having an honest chat with the Baronness about a guild, sitting down for lunch with many members of Tiatar, seeing all her new friends back safe (ish) from Death's Isles.

And with my little Merchant's Guild NPC, watching Abtus's jaw drop when she did a 30-second refit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back