August Carpooling;

MathGwyson

Artisan
Since gaming is next week, I figured it's about time to start another carpooling thread :). I'm hoping I can still get a ride with Loren, but I don't want to assume anything in case there are other conflicts.

This event I'll be bringing 2 staves (one latex, one homemade - just in case I lose my physrep like I did last time), a sleeping blanket, and 4 bags/boxes (a backpack, a 'crafting bag' a 'crafting box' and 1 bag of costume clothes that I don't want to stuff in my backpack.)
Additionally I'll have my green leather 'carry' bag, which I'll keep on my lap 'cause it has meds and stuff I absoloutely do NOT want to be separated from for any reason.

The sleeping blanket is a nice compact rolled-up one I found at wal-mart. No more huge bundle of blankets/sheets/pillows like I've had the last 2 times.

I can leave any time on Friday. I'm accustomed to meeting the group up at Myth Games at 5:00ish, so that's when I would prefer to leave, but I'm flexible with whatever my ride needs to do. I live in the South West, 1 block from MacLeod, between Bonaventure and Heritage if a pick-up is possible, though this is not expected - perfectly willing to meet you.

hey math this time i'm getting a ride from family too the larp. If you end up needing one we do have space for one more.

I would like to request a ride! Since I don't have a really solid idea what to bring, I assume supplies for a weekend camping trip will be sufficient? In which case, I'll have one duffel bag, probably a sleeping bag, and one good-sized boffer (2h sword), which I haven't made yet - that's thursday's project.

I am, sadly, working until 4 pm friday, which makes meeting a ride somwhat problematical, but I work just a short walk from Myth Games, and can hopefully meet a ride there.

Third - if Loren has room we usually meet at Myth at 5 on Friday. Last time the truck was full though so IDK. So if you get off work at 4 that would work perfectly. That said I don't even know if he's going this week, but that's the usual pattern and it may work out for you.

Weekend camping gear is fine - there are cabins. I was pretty uncertain my first time out too 'cause I never go camping. I've been using blanket/pillow/sheets (though I have a sleeping bag this time - more compact). Whatever costuming and props you need (I have lots of 'accessory' type stuff 'cause I use my own phys-reps for my alchemy). It's not in the book, but our chapter house-rules a requirement for first aid and 'refitting' (blacksmith) hammer phys-reps (which reminds me - I wanted to make a spare hammer for this weekend. Had to lend mine out a few times to 2 different people who dropped theirs when fighting!)

BUG SPRAY or other mosquito repellant. Mosquitoes were bad in June, just plain awful in July. Plus I've talked to a few people - and I'm not the only one who has experienced drowsiness after mosquito bites from the mosquitoes in that part of Alberta, so I think either they are passing something around or it's the anti-coagulant in their bite that has nasty side-effects. (Don't use citronella during the day to repel mosquitoes, it can attract bees and wasp and some players are allergic!)

I got tied up with business stuff this week so I forgot to check this thread until the last minute =Z so now I'm not certain about my ride options.

Also - I've decided that there's nothing in the 'crafting box' I really need - as long as I do any spray painting I need to do before I leave I can leave it behind to lighten my load :).

Third - it looks like Lorne's trick is full and now D'arcy's (Mechtofd) too. I really hope you got ahold of Lorne and are one of the ones going with him 'cause I don't know anyone else who is leaving after you get off work tomorrow =Z.

Cory told me today that he'd arranged a ride for me, since I don't know anyone else who'll be going to the event. Thanks though!

Back