August event and Soap Factory

Are the August event and Soap factory event really going to be back to back like that?

CaptainYork said:
Are the August event and Soap factory event really going to be back to back like that?

You are not the first to ask the question, it's currently a question we are wrestling with, the July Soap Factory event WILL happen, we are currently considering options for the August event and will have an answer by this Friday.

I say it would be very lame if you cancel the august event

Togashin said:
I say it would be very lame if you cancel the august event
:| (nods)

It would be sad if people couldn't make it to both, though. It could mess with things.

If the August event shifts, I probably will not be able to attend it at all, due to other conflicts on those weekends.

The turnaround could be rough on the Logistics teams... the Soap Factory Event, then a regular event, and then on top of that - the Chicago event right after that, for which, I know a lot of Minnesotans travel for.

3 weekends of Larp in a row, should be a blast but holy cow that will be exhausting. When is the cutoff date to pre-reg for July?

not only is that intense but its a lot of money. lol. I'm sure things will be great though, What ever happens happens and it will be a blast either way. :) I cant wait. I think the Chicago event will be my last event... if not the Soap Factory event. So im going to make the most out of any LARPing I do. :)

charlotteraeker said:
not only is that intense but its a lot of money. lol. I'm sure things will be great though, What ever happens happens and it will be a blast either way. :) I cant wait. I think the Chicago event will be my last event... if not the Soap Factory event. So im going to make the most out of any LARPing I do. :)

Last event of the summer?

Darkcrescent said:
3 weekends of Larp in a row, should be a blast but holy cow that will be exhausting. When is the cutoff date to pre-reg for July?

I've gone 9 straight weeks, 3 is nothing.

On topic i know of a couple people here that have plans for the August event that would get ruined if it got canceled.

Yep, I haven't sealed my date for the Soap factory yet and I won't be able to head to Chicago probably, but I have the August weekend ready and open.

Togashin said:
I've gone 9 straight weeks, 3 is nothing.
Oh my gosh; jealous. :zonks:

Dr_Chill said:
charlotteraeker said:

Last event of the summer?

...... of the summer yes. I'm going off to college and I will be on the swimming and diving team and our meets are always on the weekends. I hope to come back to events next summer but i don't know if i will be able to or not... and as the august event is now i wont be able to attend but that's ok since i will be going to the Soap factory... now it's just a matter of if im going to continue with my DE or switch to a monkeykin.......................

What I am wondering is how will the stories of the Soap Factory event tie into the rest of the year.

No updates on that in a month, really, although their 'teaser' mentions Fortannis, so I fear the event may be canon.

Thanks for you patience mates, although some of you are wandering off topic of late. We WILL be hosting both an August and Soap Factory event, please see their respective postings (may take an hour or two to write them all up) This will be a crazy three weekends, but I know I for one will be making all three if possible, hey it's the middle of summer, prime larp season right?!

As to all other questions please try to read the appropriate topics and post the questions in there so we don't have to answer them 4 times.

Finally, Folks don't send me inbox messages on facebook, I'll answer all questions the best I can on these boards but I don't want to have to answer questions privately to twenty people one at a time.

Back