August Event, Favorites and Summary.

Lurin

Duke
First I'll give the Hard numbers.

We had a total of 27 players in attendance, 15 PCs, 12 NPCs (wow!) Apl remains just over 6.

Races
Barbarian 1
Dark_Elf 2
Dwarf 1
Dryad 1
Elf 2
Gypsy 1
High_Ogre 1
Human 2
Mystic_Wood_Elf 3
Wylderkyn 1

Classes
Adept 1
Fighter 4
Rogue 2
Scholar 6
Templar 2

We had but one Rez this weekend (I don't know what happened! Lousy PCs learning to work together <mutters>)

My Top Three from this Event. (Please note my constant joy of having new people around is not considered Event specific and not listed)

#1. Meewee Posse, never again shall I cast a Charm spell within the realms of Fort Miller.
#2. High Ogre to the Rescue in the early morning (Didn't even see you up! and I was rolling so many sleeping PCs too...)
#3. Getting to drop my first uber-fancy Rep, didn't know if it was going to happen this year! (That was a crazy fight too, I'm still tender :mrgreen: )

Your PC numbers must be off somewhere, because there was also a Dryad present. Unless you're counting them as wylderkin..

My favorite moments would be coming in as Asa and the queue that formed, the reactions I got as "Competent Earth Guild Dude", and midnight pancakes and spice bread in monster camp.

Lots of good fighting this weekend, was very enjoyable.

Stana said:
Your PC numbers must be off somewhere, because there was also a Dryad present. Unless you're counting them as wylderkin..

My favorite moments would be coming in as Asa and the queue that formed, the reactions I got as "Competent Earth Guild Dude", and midnight pancakes and spice bread in monster camp.

Lots of good fighting this weekend, was very enjoyable.

Hrm, so you are correct, I've found the culprit, we didn't update the race on Maria's card (since its not really in the pre-reg form ^.^)

The MWE raid on the charmer was pretty awesome, I must say. One of my favorite things was the moronic Boggles hunting for chairs on Saturday/Sunday night/morning. It pretty much made everyone still awake say, "What the heck is happening?", even if they were there witnessing it. Getting pretty little gems out of 'em was nice, too.

Overall, though, kudos to the plot committee and our wonderful NPCs!

My Favorites would be:
#1 Echo Fights. Not just noticing my own fighting improvements, but seeing a great deal of improvement in others (this was one of two combat cards I played that weekend)
#2 Zucchini Bread Baker. Other than the 4 hours of baking I did Friday night, it was fun RP and people seemed very happy.

Heh, the Bobbles were a fun race to play. I was thinking to see if I could make a PC one.(But, thankfully thought against it)
The Zucchini bread was epic good. I will gladly pay REAL money for that.
Only thing I had against it was sitting around. In between and during mods I still had to sit roughly 45mins average. I was ready to do anything the entire time! =O

Sometime that happens when you're an NPC. However, if you are doing a lot all the time, you get really really tired. This last event wasn't too dreadfully tiring, due to there being pleasantly long breaks between mods and whatnot, but the July event was packed with stuff. Most of the PCs were always doing something and never really had a break. That's why I fell asleep so early after the Saturday fight at that event, but was up practically all night after the fight this event. Break management is key. Believe me, you think 45 minutes relaxation is bad, but it really helps you endure the weekend if you take periodic "just-sit-there-doing-nothing" breaks.

I didn't really hate any of the breaks besides two things. One, we had to sit outside in the dark. It was creepy(due to me being on /x/ too long) and the bugs suuucked. I still have The bites. And two, I had nothing to really do. Anyone reconmend an activity to do when not doing anything? Perhaps bring my 360? ;)

Hi All.
I loved the event.
I loved the meewee's taking out the charming gypsy.
I loved the big fights friday and saturday night.
I keep learning every event.
Poor Hengin was commanded twice in about a 12 hour time. ( Thank god for break)
Friday night was fun because i wasn't gonna fight but i heard they needed a healer and i ran out for most of the fight. Gollems are a hoot.
Just had a bunch of fun and got my exercise too.
Oh and don't worry if you have nothing to do every once in awhile.
I used to be like that. You just need to let someone know and people will pick you for mods and such. Now there are times i would like a break but i'm having to much fun healing.
I still need lots of practice fighting cause i still suck.
I'm starting to get used to healing. Thanks to all earth scholars who have taught me along the way and you know who you are. I appreciate it.

I can't wait for the next event.
Have fun.
AL

Ok, favorites.

1. Boggles. Such strange, yet fun little creatures. Nice job NPCs.
2. MWEs get vengeance. It was just fun chasing Dave down.
3. Getting some nice drops from random creatures. Especially as a first-time PC.
4. Waking up and being one of three fighters on Saturday morning defending the tavern.
5. Being ruthlessly struck down while intoxicated, only to be healed and struck down again...and again...and then getting hit with a vertigo.

Oh, and the zucchini bread...that stuff was amazing.

I really had fun for my first event...but can't believe I was forgotten. Q Q

My favorite parts were the zucchini twiglings (I actually felt useful) and pinning Gabriel after the golem fight just because I had an extra spell I wanted to throw. I wish I had been in attendance to more fights and the like, like the gypsy rundown, but all in all it was very fun. ^ ^

Time tah dust off the ol' favorites list it seems...here it goes.

Rez story for Thaquib, and the tense RP before it...good times.
Going to the Celestial Circle...what can I say...we got that DOWN!
Making new friends :) and teaching them not to leave there newly found Ritual Scrolls in places that can be rumaged through!
Corrupt fight, looking around the back line and than glancing over at Josh playing Thaquib...and having him say "We are the back line..." it was solid!
RP/History with Dave as the Bearer of the weapon in the corrupt land.
Dark Elf fun....well Hengin ever learn?
Getting speaking lessons from and Ogre, "Who am you?!"

There are many more I am sure, but I am quite tired. I would like to give a big thanks to the Plot Staff who made the meat of the event so nice and tender, and a thank you to the NPCs...you guys are the best, and you are very very very appreciated!

-Brent (Hengin)

Back