August event favorites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aggravain

Squire
Owner
NEPA Staff
Hey guuuys!
I don't know about you all But I've been doing my best to follow the rules....you remember the first two? Everyone talk about crossroads! With August event having just ended and stuff fresh in your mind here's where you get to share your most favorite bits and say what your telling your friends about. Ill be posting mine soon

Second rule about Crossroads... photos posted on Facebook and uploading 2 un-edited videos (will edit and repost them later). Hope you enjoy!

I still haven't gotten a chance to sit down and list my favorites but for now I'll say that my most favorite of favorites is simply being able to play in the brain child of Tab and his Staff. Their imagination is a fun place to visit.

Drew - Player of Rapheal Bian'Carlo Donlo'Vega

"Ya Ya, me like game lots."

There were a lot of high points to the weekend for me. I really enjoy playing the Ogre.

Pyro-Tab of the glowy face was cool (with the ceiling fan flail of doom.)

Taking on 3-4 goblins at a time and winning before the companions showed up. "What, dey only had tree ov dem."

Hanging with 5-6 people I really never new and getting along so well with them. It was a very cool experience.

Puzzles in the Catacombs. Ninja Golem Henry.

Insulting Goblins, insulting the goblins heritage (Your momma...), and insulting the Emperor.

Playing in a very relaxed but still very scary environment. I had a great weekend.

I have a ton of favorites, too many to list here, however I will list a few...

First off, a big THANK YOU to Tab, Christina & all of the Crossroads Staff. About the biggest compliment that I can give all of you, to quote Scott Auden, "I'm not ready to leave yet".

Da Familia, BMT. As always, you guys rock!

All of the other players for putting up with our shananigans!

Gypsy Nightmare Mod - Tim & Marissa, that was one of the coolest RP mods that I have been on. Let's just say that your 15-20 minute Dreamscape, caused about 2 hours of RP after. Well done!!!

Sir Gavin, interacting with Tim as Sir Gavin is a blast! We hope that he is having fun as well!

Leech Doll Vision Quest.

Craig NPCing James Caldwell...need I say more?

Even more Dark Elves!

Rping & joking around in the Tavern. Thank you to all of the other players for dealing with us.

Catacombs mod & the mind twisting puzzles!

Many more favs, just so little time to post. I'm looking forward to next event!

The only criticism that I have...schedule more events!!! ;)

See you all in Sept!

Ok here's What I got I warn you the list is sizeable.
1. Going thru the mists for the first time to "save" liken and raavna. Only instead Grim himself dies and is resurrected by loken. Was an awesome roleplay experience.
2. Maggie! Would sit in a dank catacombs with you smashing golems while smart people do thinly work any day.
3. Watching loken and raavna come into their own. Waiting for squire loken...it'll happen and guild mistress raavna....soon.
4. Stabbing my friends! The npc staff was nothing short of awesome and really did an amazing job emersing us in their world. From Henry physical repping a dead body to rich's dwarf who had a "seizure" in the middle of town..ohand kilgore.
5. Mugs throwing mugs... what dwarf wouldn't like that!
6. New players Sonia and bailen. Awesome times
7. The whirly gig gas powered sharp thing mod. Watching loken land 5 waylays in a row.
8. Hanging in the bar with the others Nd explaining to the Romani what grins idea of the scariest thing ever was. I still think we should call the tavern the "deucing dragon pub"
9. Food thank you sooooo much for Moms.
10. Doing with Justin. Always a trip.
11. Dinner after the event.
12. Chaz shattering my shield on the last wave battle. And Grim just wading through at some points. Thank you P.A. 2!
13. The knights were cool as well and really good to.
14. Feeling you have an impact on your world. From buying a home to donating money to the town. I like the building aspect...just wait.. I have plans
15. Everyone being bad ***. Seriously even taking a death was no buggy cause it was all fun. You all really kicked *** players and npcs simply awesome and I wanna have your do love children

My weekend was awesome on multiple levels. I love playing Catskills and all the danger it entails. This game is quite simply outstanding and the Mrs and I will attempt to bring out more coworkers to experience in on the fun. As to my favorites.

"Is that Grim? Oh **** its Grim! Welcome to the suck." Seeing Grim was definately unexpected and completely fun. Especially after learning that Grim was there to find Raavna and Loken. Nothing like a good friend to brighten an IG weekend.

The roleplay. Oh Crossroads is bringing out a sadistic streak in my Biata...then again its a Biata they're supposed to have one anyway in most cases. On the brightside it introduced the new team sport of Torture the Non-Protected Race to Kupspar. Having the Consortium sitting in the background watching and we are discussing how best we can get further info out of our captive.

OOG I dont think I'd ever try a meal worm. IG, why the hell not. "Hmm...tastes like a saltine..." Of course I felt the spice hit alittle after that as my taste buds caught up but it really wasnt that bad.

Loken wondering at first how he managed to get the whole leadership role in his team and slowly realizing he didnt mind so much afterall. Especially since the team itself was cohesive, communicative, and downright fun to roll with.

5 waylays in one battle. Next time I am going for six.

Sonia and Bailan as well, you guys were awesome.

Loved having random towns folk come up to me and thank me for the fact I've payed for and hired people to rebuild homes on a moderate scale. Getting thanked by the Steward of the town and the First Knight also were highlights for me IG.

Stupid oclock on Saturday being one of the few PCs still awake just BSing in the kitchen and hearing Chazz talk about camel spiders being face huggers. Yeah they do look like they will put a chest popper in you.

Speaking of which...no spider bites! Woohoo! no balloon hands will always be a highlight to a weekend.

Food. Yummy. Thanks to Jessica and Duffy for once again keeping my tummy well fed and ensuring that any potential weight I lost was put back on regardless lol

thank you npc's and staff!!!
and tavern people for the awesome food!!

i really like playing at this chapter, i have alot of fun
my favorite has to be maggie and bernard fighting the lizard kin all by ourselves
you may ask how this happened, well here is the story
maggie was sitting across from a very drunk bernard and he was showing her this map and talking about these lost tablets of alchemy recpie's and saying we needed to get some others to help us and we kind of form a team but then craig comes running into the tavern saying that some of the other town npc's have gone crazy and we loose all our potential group mates for the alchemy quest. after its resolved, we reform the group, but then the guild mistress also comes over and wants to take people away. but some how we manage to keep the group together, we go into the woods torwards the lake in the dark, but some how we miss where the npc's are going left instead of right... we come back to the npc camp area and everyone but me leave on not one, the guild mistress's mod, but 2 mods as dan's hat guy i belive says there is rats in the woods or something.
the point is, i see bernard going off into the darkness (yes i attacked the darkness) by himself, and maggie cant let that happen so i follow and right at the edge of the light, lets say almost life spell needed distance. and we encounter 3 lizard kin hissing at us.. btw you guys were awesome. and were like, omg were gonna die. as i get hit with a poison and lucky for me i still had my poison shield, bernard gives me a second and i use that too, then i toss my bind and i hit one of the npc's and im so glad i still had that, because thats probably what let us live.
and now that the npc's are dead, neither of us have a light so now we gotta find the what we come out for. we search in the darkness and shadows for at least 10 minutes and by compleate chance, i end up kicking a box as i heard the lid and it didnt feel like a rock. so thats the story. its full of epic win.

and all though i dont like the game, master mind, i thought it was a great puzzle idea, and also i was entertained plenty fighting the golems.

justin coggin, you sir play that shaman goblin role so amazing. i dont know if anyone else can pull of the split personality as well as you. and im still not sure how many there is in there. i think there are at least 2. absolutly love it. ;)

the super secret mod was also pretty amazing and thanks again tab so much for making sure i got in on that and also the oog/ig reasons to keep it so super secret. traps and spinning blades of death and no one in group with ledgerdmain

the 3 way split up of the town to fight the goblin camps was cool. i donated some coin to fix unit 15. tab you are full of win playing one of those constructs. and i really love the training concept its really cool.

oog, im sorry i missed the giant ball of death. but i was so exhausted from working late thursday, work and long drive friday and staying up late for friday for all teh win of teh event as soon as i layed down i was out.

and thats just some of my favorites
thanks again npc's and staff for another awesome event that is so worth the drive.
cant wait to see what insane times are waiting for us pc's at the closer.

Vry_Young_Pup said:
I like wearing armor.
Was it you that I chased in the forest for a good half hour? I did actually enjoy that, good moment of "what length will I go to, to stop that goblin from getting back to the shaman with whatever he has?"

Greater good ftw!

So many favorite moments, so much greatness!

I'll give just my favorite favorite. Trying to protect that "special" NPC when all she wanted to do was run off and get her self killed >_<. It was a really great roleplay with me trying to protect her so bad, but OOG all I kept saying in my head is, "Please don't die, please don't die, please don't die...oh she fell...better heal her...dammit If she keeps dieing I'm gonna run out of these soon"

Another great event, and I don't even know where to start! In absolutely no order, and almost certainly leaving things out:

First and foremost, the tons of really interesting characters, pc and npc. Roleplaying has been a blast.

On that topic, my wonderful romani familia Comert Sange Luna!

The vision we had Saturday night. SO cool!

Dmitri's fully-functional tactics vs. the goblin shield wall.

The goblin shield wall!

More puzzles to puzzle out.

The potion and the enhanced vision ritual.

Several really good combat exchanges, especially on the line during Sunday's wave battly. Very clean, fast, and real-seeming. Very cool.

Phasing the Shatter Chazz's goblin threw at me, then the goblin's retreating.

Spinning Blades of Doom.

Sparkly Construct of Colorful Destruction, and the explosion that accompani3ed his demise.

Figuring out using music to affect magic.

Sneaky well-concealed trip wires near more easily-spotted ones.

Food and drink in the tavern: the quality, the availability, and the IG rp.

The rave-like psychedelic wave battle Saturday night.

That's all for now...

TheSaint said:
Vry_Young_Pup said:
I like wearing armor.
Was it you that I chased in the forest for a good half hour? I did actually enjoy that, good moment of "what length will I go to, to stop that goblin from getting back to the shaman with whatever he has?"

Greater good ftw!
Yes, indeed it was!

In no particular order...

1) Da Familia... thanks for getting me back into NERO and I love our team idea and look. Scott and Sean you elevate my game! Kari is helping me to re-invent the way I look at NERO by the antics she comes up with. Priceless!

2) Bernardo and frankly all things Brian B. From RP, to combat to being a Gentleman Marshal... great stuff man.

3) Dark Elves.... you make me miss my Dark Elf, well done folks!

4) Raavna, you are the Champion.

5) Dame Evilynn (I hope that's spelled right! :twisted: ), I loved interacting with this NPC, great job Christina.

6) Kershang... though we didn't have a ton of interaction... I enjoyed what was had!

7) Late night Gypsy antics in the Tavern, Guest Starring Grim... Fing AWESOME!

8) Friday night wave battle... great use of NPC's and a great job by the NPC's in blending in.

9) The glowing ball mod... genious.

10) OMFG TRAPS! Hawt!

11) Maggie... cool character design.

12) Sat night wave battle with the golems... soo cool and it was great to get off some serious roguing with the Dark Elves and Dimitri.

13) Justin's Shaman... man you're metal! I love how you RP'd the Schizo aspect.

14) The interview with Becca.... do you really think a Rom is EVER serious? :)

I'm certain there are sooo many more, but my old addled brain can only hold so much! I'm both looking forward and regretting the closer... as I don't want the season to end but damn I want more crossroads.

Drew (The Vega)

Don'loVega said:
14) The interview with Becca.... do you really think a Rom is EVER serious? :)

lol

I enjoyed this as well. I don't know, you had this aura of innocence and sincerity about you. Who am I to turn away a fellow merchant? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back