August event favorites!

Aggravain

Squire
Owner
NEPA Staff
Heya folks what an awesome event with a ton of new faces! Tell everyone what you liked, loved and want more of!

Lots of good times this month! And lots of opportunity for good RP, hurrah! A few of my personal favs:

-Luka and Larien introducing Ren to tight corset. "Come on, it is for learning! You are scared?" "I am not scared." Cut to a rapidly-becoming-nude mercury golem fleeing into the Mages' Guild.

-Speaking of Ren, getting into a ridiculously fun angry shouting (...or in Ren's case, speaking measuredly) match with her and Glorianna that ended with cursing and the most HORRIFYING laughter I have ever heard. (Remind Luka to never to force a stone elf to laugh EVER AGAIN o.o)

-Dave's. kobold. tits. What else needs to be said about this? Oh, wait. Spatchcock. Nothing like a delightful fishbowl to brighten up the evening!

-Holy crap, how cool was the fey game mod?! Alternatingly adorable/terrifying acting from Mike! Also, tiny, tiny girls (all dressed in blue!) jumping and stretching to try to reach the top of the game board was hilarious.

-Luka's big mouth finally catching up to her near the end of game on Sunday in the most delightful way possible. 'Nuff said.

-WORST. RESURRECTION STORY. EVER. Apparently, a certain stone elf needs to study more about what makes Romani happy. (But it was so cute that she tried!! D'awww, melt my heart <3)

-Gwendara summing up a ridiculous chess match forfit with, "...Chess is a mental game". Freaking great timing XD

-Berzerked Grim! o.o "FIVE SILVERRRRRR, FIVE SILVEEEERRRRRR!!! RWAAAAGGGHHHH! (insert lantern EXPLODING FROM THE CEILING here) ...Oh, crap."

-Ohhhh, Heather, I am so sorry for the wet willies Amaris received when unconscious. XD Bwahaha, rude awakening indeed.

-Illana's fierce fey seduction tactics. I'm sure Luka wouldn't mind Lilith "sinking her teeth into her".

Basically, lots and lots of fun character interaction this weekend :D Can't wait to see everyone for the Ball!

I currently feel like there are lead weights hanging from every one of my limbs. Proof that it was a great weekend.

-Toe to toe with Henry -> From my first fight of the weekend to my last fight of the weekend, I just kept getting paired with him. He always fights clean and fighting with him is always challenging and fun, in part because he always role plays while fighting. The best was when I went off as the "runner" and without looking I knew Henry had started sprinting after me.

-Awesome interactions with Amaranthus, Gwendara, Daniel Star, and Amaris while playing Tirian. -> I wish I could describe, but these are truly FOIG. Christine, Danny, Bill, and Heather were great sports and continually impress me with their role play.

-Rumors about Trevor -> "That's just ridiculous. Why would I accept a bribe? I am in charge of the Ducal treasury. It would simply be a lot easier for me to embezzle money."

-Trevor and Nordenn -> Uncomfortable discussions about his sex life aside, I got to have unique interactions with each member of the court, which meant slightly personal role play for each of them. Very fun.

-The preying mantis -> It was so cool just sitting there eating a bug and it totally didn't mind when I picked it up on my sword tip.

-Best bottle ever -> Another FOIG, but I nearly broke down laughing when I figured out what the bottle was a certain PC.

-Rich's joke -> Rich is the best Head of Props ever. He made me a ridiculously complicated prop at an incredible amount of work to him. Then, because he is awesome, he included a great joke with the prop. Since I don't want to insult anyone, I'll just say that it references the Celebrity Jeopardy SNL skits from back in the day.

-Speaking of the game -> Wow! That worked better than I could have hope for. Three golems, two "mutes", one illiterate, three tiny women, Faust, a randy elf lady, a very poor trade, and whole lot more made the games absolutely insane. One category of game still remains unplayed, but it was a lot of fun watching some players try to force it to happen while others fled from that category. [PS - Yes, I have read the Apprentice Adept series too many times]

-Alliance friends visiting Pittsburgh -> Okay, technically this hasn't happened yet, but Pittsburgh is almost directly between the east coast and where the National game is, so I really hope some of you folks going to National drop by and visit. I know where you can get an awesome sandwich and I can provide crash space if anyone needs it for any reason.

I am probably forgetting something great, but I am tired.
-MS

It was a fun weekend, looking forward to the ball. Favorites in no order:

Going on Mods. Im too high level, it scares me to go on mods, Im afraid im going to kill everyone who goes on them. But Avarice's mod was AMAZING. my tinly little elven maidens in blue (one a mwe) trying to reach the high board. It was sooooo funny. Glori lost entertainment to a stone elf. Shes so pissed at herself. Morai makes a bad prop for entertainment. The other mod was simply amazing. Fighting to get to one of the generals, and it was a trap mod with poor Luka as our APL drop (thank god I needed her) and her being the trap snapper. Amazing INTENSE fight, loved it.

Prison storm and getting to Amaranthis just in time to see Qualin get him up. At least I dropped the prison to scream to the town he was down, as no one but ME seemed to know he got dropped in the dark.

Going through all, yes ALL of my healing both earth and celestial. So many golems to heal! It was great.

Luka cursing my court member in the hallway. Glorianna leaping out of her chair screaming "oh HELL no!" and then shoving the girls into the mages guild and fussing at Luka until she took off the curse, then being asked calmly by Ren to let her handle it. Totally took all the wind out of Gloris sails.... darn stone elves.

Kezra. OMFG I adore the way Shana plays her and the interactions I have. Glori cringes every time Kezra comes out and goes "Mother....." the rest is CENSORED.

Big fight with Shya. First time Ever. The fight of who loved the other more and who was allowed or not allowed to sacrifice themself to find out info on the battle queen. Yeah. THAT wasnt being resolved peacefully.

Steak.

Seeing the Generals spirit (played by Toddo) resurrecting in the healers guild, and knowing this was a chance to make an ally. Asking to be able to resurrect him and trying to give him a story which would soften his heart towards Ashbury, only to find out he was enslaved and willing to be an ally anyway. Oh well...

NiKeely!!! and Terra High Orc women of DOOOOOOOM. Loved it! (and oog I squeed when I saw them both, More women of ethnicity in larping.)

Syms flaws and how they enchanced Nordenn.

I forbid you to sign his ***! (yes I saved your makeup pen Amy)

And lastly but probably the funniest, when Trevor came in on Sunday and OMG My team sold me out!. I cant tell them ANYTHING. Kudos to Strauss for taking the Nordenn teasing in stride. From Kezras tent erecting comments, to threatening raven, to Shya reminding him Glori didnt have a date to the ball it was pretty funny to watch, and mortifying to live through. I apologize in advance for the shenanigans Nordenn has planned for the doomed Squire at tourney... Just sayin.

OMG what a great weekend!!!!!!
thank you npcs and stuff you guys blow my mind!!!!!!

Sitting down and talking to Daniel Star first thing friday night.
Getting to role with a large group of biata! So epic!
Biata Pile up.
Biata trials nothing more i can post about them but i loved every moment of them.
Getting to meet Amarathus and hear his vast amount of knowledge of Biata.
All things Tirian.
Maggies damn gypsy your so lucky you didnt curse me lol.
Getting up Sunday to see Gilwing and Lugie in the tavern. <3 black forest <3
Speaking of Gilwing his very epic baseball slide life spell during the final wave battle.
The final wave omg so damn scary!

thats all for now!

Here we go:
Being with Nordenn again. It's been a while.

Fae mod. Never thought I'd use those two words in combo with Sun having a good time, but I/Sun had a blast. Between trying to reach the top and then looking over and seeing Shana couldn't either, to Sun going up against Iky and knowing she'd never have a chance, to Glori's story ("there was a beautiful madien" -sun gets told to play the part and a bit later she's in love with Morai. It ending with Morai actually slaying me - I still say it was a good way to be a prop), and everything else. Good times.

Sun got a tramp stamp!

Finding out about certain issues in town and then mission message. We didn't actually write a message, but we did the other part perfectly :)

Apparently all the cool kids were short and wearing blue

"Gilwing, you're going to think I'm lying to you. It's an Enchant."

A little later "what do you value it at?" "Pay me and I'll take it? It doesnt' even have any good flaws or blacklashes" Amar then going off on how can we be so mad at getting a rit scroll.

Morai teaching Sun to fight/block by swinging his 130 slays at her. Started just onehanded, but then apparently I leveled up or something because next thing I knew I was getting 130's from each hand coming at me. So much fun. Finally getting hit and falling. His reaction.

Steak!!!!

Panthergasts. I'm that wierdo that just loves them.

Luka. Let it be known that Jen has no problems with you and loves the character. Sun I think threatened her 3 or 4 times over the weekend. Sun is protective of Ren and has especially been after the paranoia, you mess with her, you're in trouble.

"Female" kobald. I started playing in NH so that had a special flashback for me.

I know there's more, but timer's going off so back to work!

Haha, no worries! It was fun clashing with Sun! :D

Mike Strauss' biata mod. That was amazing. Great RP for me with Tirian and Daniel. Being told by Tirian that Gwen has more honor than those eons older than her left me pretty well speechless. I felt about full on ******** with nausea and pain late Saturday night and was kicking myself on my first response to Tirian's "second chance" question. I know what i meant to say but it really didn't come out through the fog. Then I somehow managed to drop further into character and the red feathers came out. I think that may have been the second time I have ever actually cried in game. Gwen can go from relaxed to emotional pretty quick if the right buttons are pushed. I think you wrote an awesome mod to be a part of Mike and thank you!!

The interaction with Tirian, myself and Grim and having Grim be declared an official friend of the race. Awesome.

Speaking of Grim, everything Grim. You rock! Having Grim totally vouch for Gwen with Daniel and maybe joining Blythedale was super awesome.

Luka and Ren's chess match and the look on Luka's face when I said "Chess is a mental game" Hehe.

Sharing Shya's memories of the Queen and the intensity of those moments. That was rich roleplay even when it was only the two of us with no one else to see it. That really made the moment. I'm glad to carry those memories as well :)

Amanda looking at me incredulously as I attacked the gnoll heart eater from behind. "Are you hitting it for NINETY SILVER?!" No no, just 19.... I wish 90 lol. Alora's death scream as she took the spell strike death was awesome.

Having Ikmoqs back in Ashbury was great. RP with Iky when she could only speak in rhyme and watching her try in vain to pantomime what she wanted to say was classic. Luka comes in looking to learn some skills. Iky writes 'what do you want to learn." Luka: "I vant to learn how to hit people from behind and knock them out." Daniel: "Iky's good at teaching you things, she knows a lot of skills." Me: "Well, she can't teach her that." Daniel: "What? Why not?" Iky points to her face and looks at Daniel like he's stupid. Daniel: "Ohhhh right, Sarr...."

Amelia's Grandmaster Alchemist and her amnesia 'medicine'. I don't know how you kept a straight face, Amelia, but kudos! That was a fun fishbowl.

Getting prisoned then dispelled and going berzerker rage into the NPC's. I think I took a few aback as I screamed my damage calls, but then I got dropped. Not-so-favorite part: Grim and Glori both pick me up and pull me back and I trip over an NPC and clock him right in the head with my boot. I'm sorry about that (I think your name was Fred?). I'm just glad your head was ok!

Kevin's kobold jumping out and assassinating as I was going up the stairs. "30 assassinate" Me: Adding up previous damage and current body... and the look on Kevin's face as I say: "Got it. Ok that's enough of that!"

Conversation with Qualin late Friday night. Qualin looks and sees I have a dagger on my belt and we talk about how Arienne and I should have a rematch, dagger only, duel to the oblit...err death ;)

Speaking of Qualin... I had the perfect vantage point to watch poor Henry as he sprints all out to catch Joe. Henry's gaining on Joe then slips on the wet grass and goes literally flying down the hill and crash lands on his butt. Slip and slide of death. It was impressive from a distance but I could tell that hurt!

I had to give Larien a hard time about not having brownies (for the second event in a row!) but the soup was great. Thanks so much for bringing it Amy.

Finding out OOG Ren was cursed to laugh. OMG what an awful thing to do to a stone elf! I think it would have been better to gypsy curse her to stick her hand in a vat of acid.

Of course all the goodies in the healer's guild. Those cookies rocked, and the coffee was excellent.

The final wave battle was frustrating IG but I actually had a lot of fun OOG. Finding Zat behind the cabin with like 20 seconds left on her death count and having one last activate life in my sword was pretty clutch. I got dropped so many times by those panthergasts lol.

Thank you NPCs and plot!

Sheeesh...that was a long fun weekend. I haven't NPC'd in a while and it was as much fun as I was hoping it would be. Thanks to Toddo, Colin, and Jeremy for making the dark side a great event and for giving me some tough bad guys to play. Feel free to call me over to NPC camp any time if you need something.

My favorites in no particular order.

1. Bringing Fred! Fred is one of my oldest friends and we have been trying to get him to come for AWHILE. I think we have him hooked, but we will see.
2. Quote of the weekend: "I order you not to sign his A$$!" from the lips of Glorianna as Dango the #1 fan of Grim (played by me) is trying to get Grim's autograph. Ultimately he signed my head. For clarification my butt was not out. It would have been more of a tramp stamp autograph.
3. Playing a Hobgoblin Mastermind. That was a fun card. I especially enjoyed hiding in the Mage's guild. I kind of felt bad, but I had come up to fight right as the Chessmaster showed up and I ducked into the Mage's Guild so as not to ruin the RP by being seen. Needless to see someone walked into a big surprise.
4. Paranoia and Intoxicate is a lethal, but fairly amusing combination. Poor Ren. They sent her down to fight me when I was broken spear crunch and Scott as his clown golem hit me with both gasses. So for 10 minutes I am drunk, but paranoid and I am stumbling, rolling, and crawling away from Ren as she stalks me like the terminator all around the cabins. "Stay away from me Silver Girl!"
5. Dave, Fred, and I as the monster comedians. Dave stole the show as his kobold women and I played her husband. He was playing a jersey shore Diva and I was the aloof redneck husband. My name was Spatchcock and watching Ren try to say "Mr. Spatchcock" with a straight face was hilarious. Incidently Spatchcock is a real word. Look it up.
6. Pantherghast wave battle. That's was fun and tough. It's really great to see the town actually tapped at the end of the weekend. Poor Grim and Gilwing. My only class to fight was dwarves and they were it.
7. Henry's drive by waylay as Sheriff Harrison. Michelle as the marshal yells out "Brian Waylay!" I didn't feel it at all and I turn around and he was just gone. There was no one behind me for like 20 feet. I was SO confused!
8. Sunday Undead in my basement mod. We were just supposed to take some resources out of the town, but it ended up in two really good groups with 2 really good fights. Henry as Qualin going all serious and hardcore once I said "Control Undead by voice". He went nuts. Then we had Gilwing and group with 2 really great magic storms.
9. Kobold General Mod. Man you guys set off EVERY trap. Poor Luca. I can't believe they made her open the big trap box.

I am sure there was more, but my I am STILL tired!

See you all in October.

Garathon said:
8. Sunday Undead in my basement mod. We were just supposed to take some resources out of the town, but it ended up in two really good groups with 2 really good fights. Henry as Qualin going all serious and hardcore once I said "Control Undead by voice". He went nuts. Then we had Gilwing and group with 2 really great magic storms.

How about..."Guys, I'm out my Magic Storm is gone". Npcs rush in, "Magic storm, Magic storm, Magic storm" Hehehe lol Sorry Brian. I had to try it.

The "magic storm is out" was the best.

To add, Sun hearing the storm start and auto runs infront of it to guard. For the first time ever, I didn't have to try to be bigger than I am to block for a storm :)

Super rediculously awesome weekend. Hugelist here we go.

1 roleplaying with Henry as sir Harrison. Awesome amazing and brilliant time. Truly one of the best rps with Grim I have ever had. Plus I got to show a side of Grim no one sees.
2. The Grim fan club! TM. Being commanded not to sign my biggest fans hind quarters. Thanks dave and brian....... anticipate a grim fan club newsletter
3. Dame glorianna roleplaying. It was a lot of fun and she flattered Grim with such good compliments he had to leave. When she told him She would recommend him to squire the Knight Grim explained "um yeah that's really deep and nice and I dunno what to go..so m gunna go" and he left.
4. The lowbie plot got dangerous. 3 deaths in the surprise castle eidelon mod. Irongob went mad crazy mod awesomely done by the mod team till the very end.
5. Collin ans Scotty and Lopez's car. Good job and many thanks to all three.
6. Interest ing rp after the 3 resurrections. All the folks who died knew stuff was tough but they were awesome about it. Though we won we also really lost. Was cool to have Grim explore that.
7. Trying to lead a bit on the battlefield Saturday. Stuff worked well against the broken spear.
8. Letting story and experience alter your character. Its really cool when what you percieve as hour character can be changed.
9. Morai and crew for being g awesome.
10. Access to the Blythedale treasury ....heheh
11. Hitting g dave and brian..alot.

Plus tons more

Oh I have more!
Recruiting lorien and Rowan for Blythedale.

Rping with ikmos after hearing alot about her.

The Titian and alora incident.

Biata dumpster babies.

The rp with the "pilot" and Ren equaling and Anna. Totally gunna hook up some Ren and vrentidax veriqui.

Ren being a golem who strips..or is that a literal stripper golem.

Dan Aldi just being awesome .. more to come

Jezebel said:
The "magic storm is out" was the best.

To add, Sun hearing the storm start and auto runs infront of it to guard. For the first time ever, I didn't have to try to be bigger than I am to block for a storm :)

And I asked you to duck after I hit you in the head with my fist (I am so sorry again).

Very fun event, OKay so here my favorites as terra,

interactions in tavern as terra, doing dancing, singing, talking, and beating up the floor.

interactions with greye and sym as terra.

Joining nordeen and hanging out with miss glorianna and team.

Going on the castle mod with grim.... YAY resurrection, it was worth it to die protecting and helping friends.

Having Rowne bring me back with his first orc story thank youf or making me cleave them in half and having them pee themselves.

Being in tavern when Glorianna was talking about sex and terra not knowing what sex is? and saying i am only 7months old. and gloriaanas reaction.

Learning about special hugs

the chessmaster mod omg... thats is all..

orc panthergaust for the win

The rits with thw sword with greye and greye's sword messing up and having terra do high kicks to make him smile. but he got a sowrd anyway and so did I yay!

Going on the fey game mod and going up there with out being able to read or recongize anything, just a shot in the dark.. having to go up against ren in enetertainment and havign it to be orginal..thinking what to do and deciding to fight a pole and have the pole throw a euphoria ...yeah...

Meeting alot of new people and friends as terra the orc and hearing everyone loves her antics.

im sure theres lotts more but my mind is still tired

Your Orc was awesome from 2h sword dancing (lol) to hearing you talk to greye about his wife and why wasn't she here it was all fun!

How could I forget the chessmaster! The oils and pastes and capture the flag soccer style was hands down the most fun I've had on a mod/game ever. The improv made it a blast. Dave's red gas thing at the end being a second too late to stop the capture and fun solidifying in front of me just to pout was hilarious. Great fun!

Im glad gwendara liked her for she will be back a lot more... tee hee..

oh and i almost forgot the rp with grims fanclub the orc and how everyone thought that was my boyfriend at the end..not my boyfriend too young for boyfriend plus he only simple farmer i need a warrior...

watching greye get in trouble by glorianna, shya and larien saying there going to tell his wife what he did. muhahahaha then having greye yell at me i got him in trouble.... sad face... me didnt mean too

1-the many at once panthergasts. I ran and hid every where to keep people up. Zat despises those things. Damn necromancers.
2-all the Biata stuff with all of the Biata. Soooo hard to play a Norik during it all.[a all out lap dog to the councils and gryphons. Samuel -under jimmy-spent
spent years forcing Zat to be don't impose or speak unless spoken to with all racial elders -hence so much yellow]. Zat as a wimp when T was around fun
but so hard.
3- the new players I got to hang with. I dont remember your name but god I love you ork girl you rock.
4-hates my damn foot and arm acting up when I wanted to play.
5-Crazy gypsy girl and ickie this is a big boil about to go really bad.
6-undead dripping wet in front of the doorway with a down pour behind the was way scarier and cooler visual then being in the field. then the sun coming
as they left too cool.
7- Amy,s foot message making me suddenly able to go out on the field like a real larper.
8-npcing the tavern late saturday night while Zat was at the stone.

Back