August Event Favourites

My favorite for the weekend was definitely Jonathan. He was amazing and had great depth. He made me laugh and feel sad with him. (Thank you to Gary)
I also really enjoyed all the role play explaining the universe. Breaking the whole thing down to a cookie didn't make anymore sense to Tal, but the analogy was great.

I had an amazing time, thank you to NPCs, staff, and all the Players.

You know it's a good weekend when you have to work through real emotions and reactions to events that occur. I had a great time.

There were a whole slew of favorite moments and interactions throughout the weekend, here are some of mine:

One for Aisling's wonderful list of accomplishments in life: blowing a raspberry at a cerebral devourer as it walked towards her. I appreciate how that was my gut reaction while standing there dumb as a brick.

Stuck paralyzed in the celestial guild with Tenerian and the entirety of that mess.

Pissed off and protective Aisling throwing way too much attitude and shade at death's right hand man. And then he made her cry.

Trap mod! For the folks who have the patience for it, ledgerdemain can be some of the best spent build if you have the right people setting things up. There were a lot of favorites to come from that mod, between talking to Chase about what's going on as he marshaled it, RP and almost blowing up Tenerien (thanks battle buddy!), and super spy'ing the crap out of that mod. Every now and then I remember that I helped create the monster and mastermind that is Sean Chase with traps and it's pretty awesome.

Pretty sure Aisling jumped off the deep end of the crazy pool with some of the ideas she tried to work through this weekend. In hindsight, who the heck knows why I thought any of that was a good idea.

All the RP and conversations with Phedre.

Watching our youngest and newest Alliance player learning and interacting with the game. You're doing great and I hope you stick around.

The all-star team of goons slow rolling around the corner onto the field Saturday afternoon. It was beautiful.
Aisling: "uhhhh, Kainen, we have company. ... ...is that Chithis?"
Kainen: "I don't think it is."
Aisling: "Pretty sure it's.... ....what's he doing with Sashi?"
Kainen: "Oh hey! Oscar!"
Aisling: "Um... ...ooookay. We should probably get up to say hi..."

Samara's vortex impersonation.

Jumping in front of all of the elemental strike silences. Sorry, Susie. :p

Susie! Come play with us always.

Thank you plot, staff, and NPCs for all of your hard work to make these games such a fun time.
Looking forward to next month!

Thank you Staff and NPCs! !
You powered through the heat and humidity and delivered a killer weekend.

* Susie the Harpy Queen! ! You're amazing . :)

* singing with Phedre after dinner <3

* RP with Jonathan and singing "Moonsleeves" for his lost love lol.

* early afternoon town fight with elementals and farmers by the old celestial guild. Tobias being clutch and destroying the archers bow.

* Going to honor Crowe . That mod was intense and the rp effect of hushed voices added a great flavor.

* Keely breaking the news to Tova that she's stepping down from the guild and that she was nominating Tova for guild mistress. It was a powerful moment for Tova . Guess it's time to grow up haha.
Looking forward to working with Tobias and the healers.

Can't wait till September!

These are a few of my favorite things.
(reading that makes me wish I was talented enough to write everything to the tune of the song.)
NPCs will forever amaze me. Through heat and humidity you give us an amazing time every event.

In no particular order:
Throwing aura at the Wanted poster in the tavern.
Jonathan and the Assassin with the smoky eyes. "Can you make her a moon thing again?"
Aloise (not sure if I'm spelling that right) but the little alchemist human. So much energy. The entire scene with him giving his staff to the bad guy and then getting a magical one to replace it AMAZING!
Samara vortex
100 vengeance (OUCH)
Four resurrections on Friday night WEEEEEE (Melissa: you better not perm on me!) SERIOUSLY my resurrection story rocked. And if there are glitter bombs in the near future it is 100% Tova's fault.
Loving my new sword Seth!!!
Osiris getting a body. Let's hope it stops stealing weapons.
Evan through the window at the gas station/DD with tentacle arms.
Circles within circles
Bizarre
Two steps forward Two steps back (Kainen/Jesse I sort of wanted to hit you since I could not get that song out of my head the rest of the event.)
Stuffing the tent full of bodies.
Keely: "We have to go to Thelucia to do _____" Tzydl: "Do we get to kill Thelucians?! If I get to kill Thelucians I'm totally in!"
Dragon/Tenerian: Spell strike LIFE, Spell strike DEATH, LIFE, DEATH, LIFE, DEATH
Getting thrown into the crashing planes and getting to see the gateway on every plane. AWESOME. And getting Rothsphere's dagger back. That guy that saved us was awesome.
Everyone making fun of Heresy at dinner and then "you are all so catty" LOL
Ravenous - that thing creeps me out every time. I was not prepared for it and suddenly I'm sitting in the middle of battle thinking to myself "what is Truth?"

Such a good time. Can't wait to see you all in September.

Oh man, where to begin. RP, RP, RP, so much RP.

Resurrection story: Seriously, Samara, that was amazing.

Trap mod security team!
Doing a perimeter sweep of the building and finding nothing, watching Aisling toss disarmed traps out the door as if throwing boots out of a closet only to realize we A: missed traps outside the building and B: said disarmed traps landed within inches of a landmine. Nice work with the placement of those Sean!

All things Captain Terra Nova:
Cap'n: Once we get Osiris online.
Tenerian: Activate Osiris Initiative!
Cap'n: Awesome, that's what it's called now, we're running with it.

Cap'n rifting into town all menacing like only to **** that sideways grin, 'nah, just messing with ya!'

Osiris: IT'S SO DAMNED GOOD TO HAVE YOU BACK BUDDY!

RP with the Executor of the plane of Death, Mem'Va'Tav, and the realization of the gravity of the deal Tenerian was brokering for Geminus.

Rifting the town to an encounter!?

The entire Geminus encounter:
The little sound effects Evan was making whilst repping the living ritual summoning weapon after weapon based on it's situational need. Nice work keeping all that organized, it came across seamlessly.
The madhouse that was The Gary Monster (Patent Pending) during the entire encounter and trying to protect Geminus from both him and Sean's living ritual while he channeled the circle into himself.
Bear hugging a dragon as if it would actually do anything to stop it and trying to hold it back from killing the town. Hearing the dreaded sounds of a dragon angrily incanting dragon magics and fighting the instinct to run in fear of what would almost certainly be an obliterate, Tenerian's realization that he had to stand his ground to protect the town and fight till the end to prove to Geminus that he could find the balance within, Shielding those gathered from a possible obliterate and living to tell the tale, and getting yo-yo'd on life and death more times than I can count because of it.

All the crazy mechanics:
The Vortex, and vortex dance, and the waves of force were really neat and I hope we see more of that craziness.

Everyone in town just continuing to be awesome.

Susie's tiny ninja self just appearing on every corner of the field causing death and destruction.

NPCs new and old!

And lastly, The Singularity!

Trap mod security team!
Doing a perimeter sweep of the building and finding nothing, watching Aisling toss disarmed traps out the door as if throwing boots out of a closet only to realize we A: missed traps outside the building and B: said disarmed traps landed within inches of a landmine. Nice work with the placement of those Sean!
Also realizing as we were getting ready and realizing that the only healing we had on us were in alchemical gas form and that Tenerian couldn't use them..."So...we have no healing if I blow up. Awesome. You have the life pouch? OKAY, so I die and THEN you fix me." We are so on top of our stuff. But hey! we didn't blow up.

Trap mods you say? Hmm....

Hi guys, i'm usually very bad about filling out favorites but i'm trying to get better because our plot staff is awesome and works so hard and I love them and Samara had grabby hands and who can deny her grabby hands? I loved everything and everyone, so here's lots of them.

~It was a smaller event than usual PC wise. That meant we really had to pull together like crazy- and in some ways though it makes fights super hard it also makes them super rewarding! Go town!

~Though the Friday night wave battle was crazy, I loved it. Ravenous was back. What is that tentacle thing? What's going on?! Everyone role played super well and somehow, though in the end there were maybe five of us still standing, we managed to bring it down.

~I may have slapped my husband as the Cerebral Devourer. He deserved it.

~The standoff in the Celestial guild. I managed to get one out which was better than the "I'm going to die in here" I thought was going to happen.

~Tobias and I as the scholars with shields team. Then, Tobias as the wielder of the Sky Pillar.

~Tova the Guildmistress and Tobias the Assistant Guildmaster.

~I ended up with a sash. I ended up with a sash from the noble I least would have expected to. As someone aptly put it "I think it's because you yell at everyone the loudest, so people listen".

~Poor Johnathan. It wasn't meant to be my friend. Everyone trying to convince Johnathan he had to let it go.

~Within two minutes of having a sash, A valadeen rifted into the tavern and the representatives from the Plane of death showed up.

~Tenerian being ON POINT with all the death stuff - both the talk with Mem Vatov (SP?) and Shin and then again with Gemnus. Super props to him.

~The Crowe encounter and working with Vry to resolve it. Getting to tell him I loved him afterwards. We've had a rough two months.

~Phedre and I made an Osiris! And Sang! I love listening to her little quips on life.

~Susie as the Harpy Queen, never seen anyone pace so hard. Also Susie being willing to throw herself head first into every battle ever.

~Trying to help Aisling figure out what to do with all the problems that keep escalating.

~I love Tzydal. She is always there with a funny or helpful word. Though she admits she doesn't really like fighting, she's always willing to help even when we're in way over our heads. Especially when it means killing Thelucians apparently.

~A quiet chat with Seneshal Vaughn and a quick hug. It was a surprise but also kind of nice to know i'm not the only one in mourning about several things.

~Samara described the Valadeen rescuing as being like Nightcrawler bamfing everywhere and I immediately fangirled out soooo hard. Also, the dynamics between Teranova and the Valadeen - bro comedy in the making.

~Just hanging out with Kainen, trying to be a helpful deputy. Albeit one who's first job of actually being in charge on her own in town was to stop the singularity. No pressure.

~Super smart team of Chithiss, Sashi, Oscar, and the bookworm. This is where we listen.

~I was super good about just holding my temper when Yortuk and Sonorous made their announcement, waited till they left the field, then running behind the healers guild and pitching the biggest fit I think I've ever had. I threw my shield, I swore, I yelled and then we had this exchange.

Aisling "One by one he's taking over the world"
Me "FINE! I'll take on the world!"
Phedre "I know you will"

I... uh.. guess the sadness i'd been holding in about Thauphideon had to go somewhere. I guess uncontrolled rage will work.

~The mechanics of the vortex. We were all great about ducking.

~Chris and I having a standoff during the last battle as sword and shield guys and kind of dancing around each other.

~The captain asked who would hold the lantern that would save the world. No one answered so I assigned it to Eloise. Go forth young Eloise, you have the fate of the world in your hands! Rock it!

~The Singularity

You know... there's more probably but I've written a book. Please know that even if you're not on this list, you made my weekend better. I Really just want to say I love this game because the people who play it are so wonderful. Thanks guys.

Thanks to The Staff and NPCs..great jobs everyone!!!

Great RP all around. Asking different people just what was going on...who the squid face things were...what the Deep is (I really love Lovecraft ...and this hit on that big time)
Rezing Friday night..the fight that lead to that..all great..
Leads to asking more questions and getting answers..which leads Barnabus to say a few times...why am I here.. Oh yeah that's right the underlying feeling of family..watching and listening to the people of this strange town and how they interact with each other..just the small little moments..that make him want to stay and help how ever he can!!
Harpy Queen...soooooo much fun..how to really piss her off a well placed Repel!! "Kill the one in white"..think I'll try to hide now!! Dang living summon artifact!! Ended my fun!!
Effreet fight was fun..note to self buy more wands!
Sad part: leaving early, would have like to stay, but when you got to go, you got to go!
Can't wait for next month...so I can find out what happened and what's next!!

Again thank you all, Staff, NPCs, and players for a great time!

-Matt K.

Thank you Npcs and staff for the great weekend :)

Ravenous....what can i say first time seeing one and i hope i never see it again but i loved every minute of it
Aloise (spelling?) new adventurers and trying to make sure we was set we potions and teachers for new skills was great to get to rp with you Andrew
Sky pillar :) it was a little nerve wracking to get picked to carry it but i hope i did ya all proud :)
Scholar shield wall... thanks keely for being my battle buddy there :)
Squid faces and my epic fail making my way into the guild
Having Tova pick me as her Assistant Guildmaster thanks Tova i hope i can rise to the Job :)
Everything that is Tenerian...rifting us ...dragon rp ...epic spell parry ...that shield all of it was amazing bro :)
Tongue twisters Elemantal damage .... Dang Samara out of what you were saying i had a hard time keeping up with counting how fast you were killing me :)
Drunk Tatter cloak dan that was amazing

Im sure there are many more but this is what came off top of my head thank you Npc and staff again for a amazing weekend

I will admit that historically I am also very very bad at posting favorites, but I am trying to be better at it. Thank you very much to plot, staff, and NPCs you guys are all awesome.

in no particular order

A model that arose from an attempt to explain the singularity as well as the plan to deal with it in terms of baking resulting in the Planar Muffin as well as The Drip. Where in the singularity is going to collapse all of the planes at once into a planar muffin and the objective, since we cannot stop said event, being to tether the Carnegie out side of the muffin so it becomes basically a drip on the baking pan that is not part of the muffin

The result of said explanation resulting in Dedalius deciding that the safest place to be in all of the planes is clearly the Carnegie. Further deciding that he should retrieve Maluhia and ensure that she is also on the Carnegie during The Event. Realizing there isn't enough time for all of that he elects to return to Maluhia in Oldcliff inform her the world might be ending sooner then anticipating and hope that the other adventures can successfully unbake the muffin.

three words. The Osiris Initiative. All of that was amazing and I was so glad I got to witness it.

Samara pantomiming the environmental descriptions during a hold

Learning why Arcane Armor is a bad idea thanks to a well placed PTD disarm from Sean M.

Surion being compared visually to a cat and being offended by the use of the term while Dedalius took the slight in stride, but in truth Surion was really offended with the thought he was being compared to a literal cat and not in fact a Sarr.

Tova learning that Dedalius is in fact an earth caster. The mixture of betrayal and wonder at the long con deception and its execution.

Sean M's living ritual and Evan's role in making it all work. Terrifying but wow that was cool RP.

The little flurry of death that is Suzie

so much more. Thank you every one for being there.

:)
Dustin

I loved getting to PC this event, even if I only got to see about half of it due to the heat.
- Friday Night was great, what with the Valadeen and learning about the death dragon. Apparently the Shiny Dreadfuls are right all the time.
- Saturday's Trap mod was the best! I really do think that it was one of the better ones I've put together, not just for difficulty but also the flavor. I tried to make it more than just "some mousetraps that say 'you die' " on them, and I think with the Plot Team's help I nailed it. Yo, get Legerdemain; if you do, I swear that I'll hit Brian with a pool noodle until he lets me set up a Legerdemain mod for you.
- Susie's Harpy and Gary's (anything) were both really, really hard to fight. I thought rogueing around with Meg out of my hair would be easier, but boy was I wrong.
- The fight what with Crowe was a blast to be a part of. So cool.

Dude, your trap mod was wicked fun to work through. Definitely the best one I've worked through. The flavor was spot on perfect for the mod and the paranoia level of "what am I missing, oh crap I'm going to blow up" was through the roof. My love/hate relationship with your trap mods is a wonderful thing.

Back