August event feast

Deborah

It is time again for our annual feast
Please let us know what you will be bringing
Cover dish with a medieval theme
needs to be prepared ahead of time due to lack of kitchen space
recipe card must be with your dish listing ingredients ( this is because of so many allergies to different types of food)
Vegetarian dishes and non Vegetarian dishes
any questions please pm me or e-mail at missdakota51@yahoo.com

PS. We will be awarding gobbies (though you'll have to sort it out with Jaimi regarding how many) if you bring food to share for the feast. You can also of course sell your food for IG money.

Northride eggs, here. I should be able to do a few dozen.

I'm going to be bringing fixings to make onigiri. I think actual sushi will be too difficult without real facilities and it doesn't really keep, but onigiri should be manageable.

I will have different veggie ones and possibly a few surprise ones (for the brave). If you want something other than that feel free to bring your own filling. If you know ahead of time that you're going to do that though please send me an email at dancing fury at gmail dot com so I know how much rice and nori to set aside.

My plan is to bring bottles of "wine"... probably sparkling grape... my food making skills are limited to things that probably would not work so well for a medieval feast.

we could also use some donations for
plates, cups and silverware for the feast....I know plastic is not in period but we don't have the facilities to do the dishes.....
......Dreaming maybe when we win the megabucks....hummmm still dreaming......

Apple crisp sounds great!

so far the menu includes
Wild Boar ( pulled pork)
Northride Eggs
Onigiri
Apple Crisp
Sparkling Wine

Gary could you please let me know how many people pre reg so we will have an idea how many are going to attend this event thanks

If we are able to make it up, I will see what I can do about bringing some pies. Since we are having the apple crisp, then perhaps I will stick to the cherry and/or peach Bourbon. I will let you know as soon as we decide.

Jessica

My chili recipie will be comming. Ill figure out a way to heat it.
--bill

menu update

so far the menu includes
Wild Boar ( pulled pork)
Northride Eggs
Onigiri
Apple Crisp, pies cherry and/or peach Bourbon.( tba)
Sparkling Wine
Bill's chili
Home made Breads

im thinking instead of the apple crisp,
making a more medieval recipe
it is an apple type of dessert.

lets see how brave i am.

im thinking instead of the apple crisp,
making a more medieval recipe
it is an apple type of dessert.

lets see how brave i am.

you can do it ......you know you can

Deb, I'll take care of plates cups silverware. I might have something you'll appreciate very much up my sleeve. Check your email I don't want to spoil it.

I'll bring something, probably. I've got a bean and tomato stew that's pretty good. Plus it's vegan, just to spice things up a bit (also to make sure us crazy veggie-heads have plenty to eat)

After some experimentation this weekend, onigiri are off the menu. They have a shelf life of a few hours and it's too much of a production to make them at site.

I'll see if I can figure something else out.

so far the menu includes
Wild Boar ( pulled pork)
Northride Eggs
Bean and Tomato stew
Apple Crisp ( I vote for whipped cream topping)
Sparkling Wine
Chili

plates cups silverware ( Nick :) )

Back