August event feast

vegetarian chili

With participation so low, this almost doesn't seem worth the effort as it stands. Basically it's what, six people? I don't eat desserts anymore, and I'm not too fond of vegetarian fare -- overall I'm thinking the whole pot luck concept is pretty much a wash. When we did this years ago, there was lots of participation and it was a really great time; this "feast" seems more like it'll be six people sitting around a table while everyone else is out at Subway, etc.

Don't worry. A lot more pre-regs than responses on the boards. Plus, a good number of npcs would really appreciate and benefit from people bringing food.

PS. I'm bringing a slow cooker lasagna that should be really good.

PPS. Don't worry, I'm not making it.

Gary,
Pre reg, is great but I really need to know who is bring what for food so that I can fill in the blank spots....so far the menu looks like this:

Wild Boar ( pulled pork and slice ham)
Northride Eggs
Bean and Tomato stew*
Apple Crisp ( I vote for whipped cream topping)
Sparkling Wine
Stone Roost Chili ( not sure if this is with meat or not)*
Romani Hot Vegetable soup (vegetarian chili)*
Romani Stone Soup( this will have meat in it)*
Jonathan's Surprise (slow cooker lasagna) ( hope you like the name Gary)*

* I am guessing that these are average size crock pot amounts

Yes, Johnathan's full of surprises.

I'm gonna try doing Cheesy Bacon Potato Soup in a slow cooker, I just need somewhere to combine everything and plug it in.

phedre said:
I'm gonna try doing Cheesy Bacon Potato Soup in a slow cooker, I just need somewhere to combine everything and plug it in.

omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg

a google plex worth of praises for you!!

Deb,

Put me down for a plate of Brownies :)

phedre said:
how long does it take to cook? we have you covered on a place to plug it in.

I'm bringing banana bread (no nuts).

I'm bringing nuts (no banana bread).

Actually, I'm not doing that either, but it made me laugh at 1:AM so I wrote it so there.

wow... way to many 1st grade level nut jokes just came to mind... sometimes i have the mind of a 6 year old...

Dan Nickname Beshers said:
I'm bringing nuts (no banana bread).

Actually, I'm not doing that either, but it made me laugh at 1:AM so I wrote it so there.

:lol:

I can bring a delicious bucket of fruits and vegetables and nuts (no banana bread)- no refrigeration required.

if you bring nuts, please make sure its obvious that there are nuts, and let me know what they are in. hopefully not Peanuts or Cashews.... I like breathing... its way better than not breathing.

fyi.. im allergic to peanuts and tree nuts... I know you probably don't know that yet. :)

for peanuts and cashews its an airborne thing, and i cant even really be around them.

Back