August Faves!

wowy319

Artisan
Well, it's that time again; time to post our favorite parts of the event! I'll get this rolling.

- Getting startled by the other NPCs on the first werewolf encounter. I was in the woods away from the others when I heard this wicked loud howl and thought there were coyotes or something nearby.
- Wraithing it up when the Doom Patrol rolled into town. Lots of awesome RP from the whole town.
- Pip the goblin and the quest for a spoon to call his own. Ribbit Dale!
- Void mod. One of the most intense mods I've ever seen, and getting to scream myself hoarse when the shard was destroyed was just too fun for words.
- Magic eaters. Hearing everyone freak out when I started licking the earth circle like it was a big ol' lollipop was worth getting ganked by 4+ people.
- Getting to play a silver golem during the final wave battle. That was one of the biggest monsters I've ever gotten to play, and it was everything I hoped it would be.

Thank you to staff and all the other NPCs for a great time! I'll be PCing the next event if all goes well.

Wow, I didn't feel tired at all until I got home, and now I'm exhausted. I'm going to post a really quick list now, because I need some sleep. I will post more tomorrow though.

- During the fight with the Gorgon, Vry knew what we were supposed to do to un-petrify the people, but I got paralyzed pretty early on. During my 10 minutes, I see Sun bring over Paladar and the D'Alder (sp?) petrified in front of me. I was basically freaking out in my head because I was pretty sure they would die in their state, and I knew how to get rid of it but I couldn't do anything. So I had to watch them both turn to dust in front of me and go rez, not being able to do anything about it. (Out-Of-Game I am really upset because if I hadn't been paralyzed, I could have prevented Paladar from perming)
- Wielding Marcus. What an honor.
- Fighting Jotuns! Also, skinning the White Wolf for Kainen.
- Jedi'ing many, many arrows. I'm gonna practice that more.
- Getting a Protection Aura. I'm most likely gonna get that cast next event.
- LOWBIE MODS! I really loved them, especially the one Saturday night. The entire time I kept looking back to make sure Helix was okay, and was ready to endow and run with her at any time.
- COOKIES! Amelia, those are probably the best cookies I've ever had. For real. :D

That's it for now, I'll post more later.

I had a great time this weekend. Here's just a few quick favs:

-The 3 Phalanxeers! I had a blast rolling with my boys this weekend.
-Meeting Helix and finally finding a song that we both knew! I love the costume and the character, well half the character. ;)
-Conversation with Emilio in my head. Shambling, necromantic gold and his reaction to being called a necromancer poopoohead to his face... or lack thereof.
-INTENSE fights since we had a severe lack of fighters.
-Getting Kainen to sing! Muahahahah! Must bust out that CD so I can remember all the words in the right order
-New favorite toy: hand-sized crossbow. Charlie's Angels eat your heart out!
-Playing cards while hiding in the woods.
-NEW SHOWER!!!!!

And most importantly: Getting to sing for Paladar so much for the last time and backpacking her one last time. Losing her hurts so much (as I'm sure I don't have to tell you) BUT I'm sure that we will all love your new character just as much if not more so.

More to come later when I have more time.

-Rebecca

• 1. Epic one on one battle: Barbarian vs. Dread Lord. (At least I didn't break Gary's thumb this time.)

2. Destroying a Void Shard, finally. This was my fourth attempt at one, and we finally had the team to pull it off.

3. Ritual awesomeness, and Jonathan interrupting. He is my favorite NPC, ever.

first off, awsome weekend ray! it was so great. plus that whole thing with fire not doing double damage was just plain evil on your part but was just awsome anyway.
Facing down morgryum as to be my number one favorite this weekend. Omg! Gary, you scared me so much when you were holding my shoulders and right in my face. Looking at those big empty eye sockets almost made me want to scream. I knew that was gonna end up happening as soon as the dark elf squad handed me the necklace. I was so tired saturday night but it had been so much fun, it was so worth it. and im glad i handed the amulet off to azurith right before i was waylayed by malath and then just after that, forced to try and out run gary and sean across the open field, notice how i said try :p cause i got charmed and thats how the face down took place. Course he asked me who gave me the amulet and im actually glad i didnt know. Its not that i forgot either, i really didnt know because i couldnt hear from where i was watching over someone on the upper mod path. anyway

gary the mind flayer was awsome too on sunday. When he took dalaldur, i stupidly followed them into the woods. gary rifted back in and ive developed this sense of when he's gonna rush at me and i had a dragon's breath scroll ready and then it was all like he hit me with paralyasis right as the dragon's breath hit him, it was like some sort of split shot action going on which was tottally cool. he grabbed me and rifted out. Kainen came after me when gary rifted back in with me which was cool he'd pick me up then go a few feet and have to put me down again when gary came back and attacked. watching them fight was cool and seeing Kainen practically use everything he had as protectives to get me back was jsut, well i dont have words to discribe it.

the two lowbie adventures were great. Ray was awsome on the discriptives going though a swampy area during the first one. big bugs, toads the size of hub caps, dirty dirty water, deep mud and me getting bumped a few times by things in the water i couldnt see.

I was like out of everything on sunday morning. I used half during the large saturday night wave battle. then during the 2nd lowbie adventure, i used half of what i had left and then the werewolf attacks sunday morning, used what i had left which was a lightning bolt, a flame bolt and then a stone storm.

then the magic eaters came out on sunday but i didnt have any magic's except some scrolls which i knew would be usless against them so i used my one normal dagger woo
the last wave battle on sunday was just brutal for me, all i had left was a disarm in memory, a sleep scroll, a magic armor scroll, and a disarm magic item. Good thing i had my dagger! WOOO!

near the end of the fight, when lord galloway told us all to scatter and hide after elizibetta killed herself, i ran for my ward going the way of the path by the vansir cabin. Kainen was going in the woods too making a line torwards the gotek cabin he saw me and said "run avalon!" because bill the harlaquin was right behind him i went "im going for my ward!" he goes "you have a ward?!" so i reached my tent when he said that and struggled with the zipper a little. it makes me think of those horror movies when the person keeps flooding the car engine as the monster closes in on them. and their friend is screaming"OMG ITS COMING!!! START THE CAR!!" so i get the tent open and jump in going as far back as i can go and right when Kainen yelled "recoginize me in!" my mind was going "oh **** i have to recoginze him in!" and i yelled" i recoginze you in!" and he dives in to the tent and lands right infront of me just as bill swings his claw right where Kainin had been standing only a second before. bill bashes the ward a few times giving a great discription of it shuddering and the different parts of the harlaquin's moving parts and im freaking out.

later it was discussed if what the harlaquin had been able to get into the small tent with me and Kainen in there as well. instant avalon and kainen salsa lol. or pure'.
i absolutly loved this weekend and i cant wait to see you all again.

Ok, more favs coming up:

-Meeting Osiris under more favorable circumstances than the last time. I like it much better when he's on our side. At one point Osiris was going to throw a packet at me for something smarmy I had said. My response was "Eeep! No." He stops and asks if that's what I always do when people are going to cast at me, and if it actually works. The conclusion that I should try it the next time Morgrym comes out.
-Trying to teach the crow kin about music and failing miserably because I couldn't stop laughing every time he would try to see where it was coming from. Someone later asked if I knew the song Tainted Love and suggested he could have helped with some well-timed cawing. "I've got to *cawcaw* get away. I've got to *cawcaw* get away."
-Saturday morning breakfast goblin roleplay was also highly amusing. The circle kingdom was definitely staging an invasion of the tavern kingdom. King Eldarion was noble and beneficent to not immediately expel the invaders.
-And the award for best use of a silence spell in the context of roleplay goes to Qiu Jun-Wu.
-Speaking of which the conversation of how his name is pronounced. Of course Qiu is prounounced cho. Just like Xu is pronounced shoe. It makes perfect sense if you're a Twilight Elf.
-"I am not a watch guard.... thing.... elf" And the conclusion that all non-Twilight Elves are in fact watch guard thing-elves.
-The cerebral devourer's tactics to try and lure more people into his clutches. Watching him torture Iver(sp?) right in front of Deborah and holding onto her for dear life so she didn't get taken too.
-"That's counter-intuitive." "No. Counter-intuitive isn't really. Because intuition doesn't make sense. It's counter-rational that I'm being."
-Ribbit Dale. Priceless.

THANK YOU NPCs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Helix. Soooo cute. Love her.

After the DFM was cast and the Void shard is sitting in my circle, Void starts trying to get us to help it. Sun realizes that she's the only one invested in the circle. To Mallith as she turns her back to him "do it"

A few minutes later I hear a barage of gasses and attacks in the tavern and am very happy Sun's knocked out in a ward.

Morgryum. Enough said.

Being very happy I took a cloak curse when Morgryum was out.

Seeing Mallith get charmed and then a few mins later seeing him walking up to Avalion. Charging and actually stopping the kb.

"Wolf, trust me. Activate death." Followed by his reaction. Apparently she's seen orcish healing a bit too much.

The second candle mod. Thought for sure we were all going to rez.

Can't wait for the next event!

yes, thank you absolutly npc's.

also, CAW!!!
that was so funny. we all look and see gary with the black on his face and wild black hair and two claws lookin at all of us in the tavern from the ramp door i belive it was sunday?
and we were all like WTF because we didnt know what the hell it was. and then i about died laughing seeing gary go by the front door flappin his arms, a claw in each hand like he was flying.

Here's some more, in no order;

- Throwing my Tomahawk right into Gary's face. Take that Cerebral Devourer!
- Later in that fight, seeing Helix making her way over from the Tavern and seeing Gary come out of the woods. I booked it over to her, picked her up, endowed and ran as fast as I could back to the group. Later Amelia thanking me for letting her be my literal "backpack" for the weekend.
- The auction was fun to watch and participate in, even though I got outbid on everything I wanted. I loved how dissapointed Sean was in us. "I've obviously came to the wrong place" "15 gold for a RENDERED weapon...are you serious?" Also, Kainen defending me when I asked if the anti-undead item was earth.
- "I can't be the only one who sees that" - Kinayo
- "CAAW!"
- Front-Lining between Wolf and Utieties for the final fight. Made me feel somewhat safe.
- Bill's Harlequin walk.
- Stripping Galloway.
- Discussing legal issues with Paladar, Nicodemus, and Kainen.
- Being the one that told Elegedran (sp?) about Paladar's permanent death, and being so afraid to do so.
- Rituals-for-dummies
- Competing with Elegedran for how much gold we can make Sunday Morning. "HAH, you got a copper. I got a silver, *****"
- One of Gary's nobles (Was it Galloway? I don't remember) saying the fact that the Justicar's axes chose me a month ago was maybe a sign of good leadership, and winking.

Not-so-favorite: Making good friends with Melleth and then the void thing happened. Oops.

Vry_Young_Pup said:

That was hilarious. Eldarion attacking the tree with his wand because he thought it was a monster hiding in the darkness was also hilarious. <3 It wouldn't have been as funny except I kept telling the guys there wasn't anything there and they all kept insisting that there was something there, talking to it, taunting it so it would come out and finally throwing elemental damage at it. Poor poor tree.

Not hilarious, but cool was leaving the auction (I was starting to get a headache and needed stuff for it) to run back to my ward, realizing as I'm half way across the field that going alone might not have been the best plan. Then on my way back finding out that Lord Landon's guard had tailed me out there to make sure I got back safely. Thanks Mike. That was awesome. :D

Vry_Young_Pup said:
Here's some more, in no order;

- Throwing my Tomahawk right into Gary's face. Take that Cerebral Devourer!
- Later in that fight, seeing Helix making her way over from the Tavern and seeing Gary come out of the woods. I booked it over to her, picked her up, endowed and ran as fast as I could back to the group. Later Amelia thanking me for letting her be my literal "backpack" for the weekend.
- The auction was fun to watch and participate in, even though I got outbid on everything I wanted. I loved how dissapointed Sean was in us. "I've obviously came to the wrong place" "15 gold for a RENDERED weapon...are you serious?" Also, Kainen defending me when I asked if the anti-undead item was earth.
- "CAAW!"
- Front-Lining between Wolf and Utieties for the final fight. Made me feel somewhat safe.
- Bill's Harlequin walk.
- Stripping Galloway.
- Discussing legal issues with Paladar, Nicodemus, and Kainen.
- Being the one that told Elegedran (sp?) about Paladar's permanent death, and being so afraid to do so.
- Rituals-for-dummies
- Competing with Elegedran for how much gold we can make Sunday Morning. "HAH, you got a copper. I got a silver, *****"
- One of Gary's nobles (Was it Galloway? I don't remember) saying the fact that the Justicar's axes chose me a month ago was maybe a sign of good leadership, and winking.

Not-so-favorite: Making good friends with Melleth and then the void thing happened. Oops.
It was Paladin Jacob Norhelm who said that. The guy in white.

Right, him. You play too many important people, Gary. :p

Faves from Sako (Tim), in no particular order

-Eldarion pwning the tree. He was so convinced, I started thinking I could see something myself, though when it didn't move under a barrage of evocation, I began to think maybe it wasn't there.
-Lowbie mods. We had some very cool mods - stuff that really felt real, and made us feel useful. Ray, good job not just making it about combat, but letting us interact with the environment (pushing rocks, chopping vines, etc.). Werewolves and Wolfweres are awesome.
-The last battle! That was so intense, especially setting up in advance, and realizing that Colin and I had to hold the entire flank against anything that came out from behind the building, and that if we went down there were just ranks of healers behind us... Of course, it was all a moot point because anything swinging massive just tears up a formation anyways.
-Hitting from behind and feeling useful doing it.
-No armor days. Love 'em.
-Hanging out at the smokers guild and hearing all the ridiculous stories. Sounds like I missed years of back to back Alliance (NERO?) awesomeness. Guess I'll just have to be in on the next few years.
-Leaving the event and realizing I was very satisfied and happy with my playing this year, especially this last event, and ready to go next year.

-Sako / Tim

Once again, thank you NPC's. I love you all. As for a list...

- The lowbie mods. They were absolutely amazing, Ray. Full of good description and fun stuff. Wolfweres? Cliff-diving werewolves? Hell yes.
- Looting an apple from one of the werewolves on the second lowbie mod. Bwahaha.
- Both Morgryum and the Malachide fights. God damnit.
- Rituals-for-dummies lessons.
- The Harlequin and its walk. Awesome.
- Not having to wait until I got home to take a shower, and therefore not looking like a homeless person at the Chinese place. Yay.
- Helix/X'ileh. Such a fun character to RP with.
- RPing learning how to read. "Can't you get someone else to teach you to read?" "So, h is a magic letter, then?" "The big ones are more important, right?"
- Just RPing in general. Yay.

Michiko said:
Someone later asked if I knew the song Tainted Love and suggested he could have helped with some well-timed cawing. "I've got to *cawcaw* get away. I've got to *cawcaw* get away."
Oh my god! How did I miss this in your post earlier? I would have loved to see that.

Surion Maedhros said:
- Both Morgryum and the Malachide fights. God damnit.

rofl i saw you knock an arrow in an attempt to hit morgryum in my mind i was going "NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" dont do that! and hoping you wouldnt or would miss so bad that he wouldnt care then you threw it and it went high and wide left. sean turned around and said "I grant you the gift of death!" and hit you with the packet in the leg. Rofl!
:lol:

in the history of bad ideas that has to be up there among the top 20 or so. trying to hit something that dosent need to look at you to cast back. but awsome death anyway glad you were lifed. :p

Surion Maedhros said:
- Looting an apple from one of the werewolves on the second lowbie mod. Bwahaha.

Haha, don't know why I never looked for this thread before, but that made me laugh just now. I remember when I gave it to you and you were just like WTF, and then later hearing you asking Ray about it, and he had no clue what you were talking about...

I had fun coming back to the deadlands for this one event after being out of state all summer. I ended up having to leave early on sunday, and also missed out on some of the saturday night action due to having a girl-friend who was quite a good sport to come along and give it a try, but for whom larping wasn't quite her thing.

Anyhow, still had fun seeing people and npcing it up with my brother and others.

Oh, haha, playing with the rope in the tavern as goblins was a blast as well

Back