August Favorites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on gang tell the Ginger about your favorites from the event please.

Wow.. Where to begin. It was nice to be back at game. I had a great time seeing everyone.

In no particular order...

My team is amazing. I love them and the support that they have given to each other throughout the year. It was nice to see everyone.

Trap mods! Holy crap.. "So if I cut this wire I am pretty sure something bad is going to happen."

After getting people through a trap series without cutting everything..."I could just disarm them for ha ha's.." (a rock hits me on the head from above) "Or we could just move on so this is easier to reset.." ;)

Darius.."I was confidently dining for one"

Having unexpected results from plans.

Snowball fights on the plane of fire.

The not so abominable snow man.

Darius dropping the ball over and over again.

Entering the consortium circle in epic fashion.

Having date night with Sarah.

Passing notes.

Aeotesc's brews.

Conversations with dark elves in the woods at night and realizing that our people are more similar than we thought.

Walking two feet outside of the tavern and then hearing a commotion. "Wait.. is that Teo?" The ensuing yelling, long walk and fines.

Seeing new PCs kick *** and meeting new teams.

Late night "un-parties"

"I just found out that my Wednesday night drinking buddy has cosmic powers..."

The stargate ... I am so happy we got to use that! The level of immersion, the props, the work, the planning. Staff is always amazing us. I cannot wait to see what happens next.

Teo creeping me out in the tavern with his insight and foreboding predictions.

As we leave NPC camp getting a .. "Thank you PC's" from the NPCs who were there for our shenanigans"

"These woods sure are scary."

The farmer who wanted to marry me and basically caused all our problems that evening.

Singing to livestock and marching around with instruments.

Blasts from the past. It's nice to see our larp worlds overlapping a little. :)

I think that's it for now.

Solange

dark elves, dark elves, dark elves

Our unholy alliance with the Romani

Arnold Ice Elementals

The absolutely unfair advantage of being painted all black at night with NPCs in lizard masks

Dark elf groupies, I totally should have walked them out into the woods...

That awesome game that Vinny brought into the tavern Saturday night. If anybody remembers what it's called please tell me.

Using waylay as an unlimited terminate

Trap mods are pretty awesome

the insane amount of paranoia and hallucinate poison going around

there was so much more but my brain is not working properly right now. I'm sure others will fill in the rest.

Dom said:
That awesome game that Vinny brought into the tavern Saturday night. If anybody remembers what it's called please tell me.
Twelve Men's Morris.

Man what a great weekend....first want to thank the staff and NPC for doing what they do....dealing with the rain was bad...but you peeps made it a great time....

Remember to pre-reg for an Event you get a chance to win something cool!! ;) ;)

hangin with the Rom and hangin with Dark elves...had soooo much Rp this weekend it was great....

the wettest Plane of Fire Ive have ever been to!!! oh and grumblegrumblerubberbabybuggybumpersbgrumblegrumble...

The tunnel of Love...

Songs of the Rom...listening to the Rom sing at the circle was funny!!! then to have it carry over to holds and OoG walks

getting to PC with a few people that I have not got to play with in a LONG time....

Great weekend again....

thanks to ALL the PC and NPC and Staff!!!!!

Vry_Young_Pup said:
Dom said:
Twelve Men's Morris.

The name started as Merels ... but yes thats what we were playing in the Tavern

This past event was my Crossroads closer as I will not be able to make the September event. Despite the challenges we faced(eff you rain!!), I felt this weekend was spectacular. The folks who put the work into our amazing new props cannot possibly be thanked enough. Thank you guys so much!

Wayfarer's were rolling light this weekend, but I feel like we still had a strong presence. I'm really enjoying this role, and I can't wait to see what happens next. I loved seeing Sandy come out of her shell some more. I loved giving Tyler the reins and having him lead us on the battlefield. Dom was entertaining as always, and really makes you see things from a different perspective. I was happy to welcome Meghan, her gypsy was a lot of fun to rp with!

I also loved getting to hang out some more with my Bloodmoon friends. I wish I had the opportunity to hang with these folks more oog (best songs btw haha), but I am so grateful for the way our game brings us all together. Loved the late night drinking and going off to the plain of fire with Solange and Aeo! Speaking of Aeo/Jane, I think one of my favoritest moments was rebelling against my upcoming mod by getting totally smashed off Aeo's super-vodka. That was probably the most fun I've had roleplaying drunk ever lol. OOG songs and other shennanigans...aw man I cannot wait to hang out later this month in CT!

Scott was awesome this weekend, too, great to see him back! Standing in line waiting for tacos has never been so frightening and foreboding. "Muahaha, healers, they're just bailing out the ocean with a bucket!"

Rolling on/off the battlefield with the Misfits is always a blast. Love these people. We have some of the finest players eva. Amanda as Grub is so cool. I hope I get to run into her as Tetsu soon!

So guys, Kate made Underdark Chicken. What began as a breakfast anecdote became a meal. Kate blows me away. It was great to hang with you and share a cabin. The chicken was so delicious too.

Thanks to the food committee for all your hard work. International National World Taco Day was a huge success.

I got to see my old friend Shaheen! I have not seen this guy in forever. You're lookin awesome bro. I miss the dreads, but the shiny dome suits you well ;). I wish we had more of a chance to catch up. So happy you are back in the game man!

Battling Albert and Jeremy was fierce. Al as the fasion designer is always hilarious, and he made a great feral lizardperson. Jeremy as Rhys is awesome...the power cosmic he has, mmhmm.

Also Tab is the best. I almost got sappy on you there for a second, but then I remembered I had to go whistle at dames with construction workers. Thanks for all your hard work and tireless dedication.

Justin

Thank you so much, Staff and NPCs! It was a difficult weekend, but you made it fantastic.
Here are a few of my favorite moments...

The new props!

Gypsy assassin's creed outfit and all the jingling our group does.

Vodka drinking in the tavern and...

Helping Darius drop the ball several times. :)

Laughing in the Varda until my sides hurt.

Singing to goats! And the reactions of those goats to our stellar lyrics.

Marching songs and confused stares.

"one time, when I was confidently dining for one..." Oh Darius.

Aoife has a song for everything! "oh, no. don't ask me three times!"

Eating breakfast with Throck. Jerky flakes in milk? Oh yeah.

Awesome Varda decor.

Scott! :)

And there are more!

Seeing Shaheen again made my weekend extra special! He rocks beyond all known belief.

Our amazing OOG song on the way to and from the late night wave battle.. thanks Jane and Justin!

Fire fire fire fire fire fire fire fire ....plane.. of...fire! ...even more late night songs that kept some of my team awake.. or sometimes caused Aeo to choke.. muahahahahah

As always, lots of love to fellow staff members, npc's and pcs. Special thanks to Tim Curry who really stepped up and took the reins to keep us plot guys on a schedule so we could get an awesome event written and run for you.

Big thanks to Dale for being Dale, you rock sir.

The trap mod was the first one ive ever set up, having Tab teach me how to set everything up to mess with you guys was awesome....even though i was cursing his name in the rain.

Being the Bumbles "slushie"

New players and players from other larp arenas, you folks are awesome...we loved seeing you all enjoy our game as much as we do.

Endless puddlestomping...even if i pretended i hated it.

Warren and the build team, yeah...you wow me too.

Not doing a lot of typecast roles this weekend was weird but fun....zig wheres your weapon and shield? i have packets

Quigley was giving me trap pointers, look out everyone. Thanks Quigley.

I love being fine, then turning around and being swarmed by dark elves. Will turns invisible, i swear it

Thats all for now, see you at the closer

That was incredibly wicked fun. Thanks to all NPCs, Staff and PCs for making my first Crossroads event so much fun! I will not be thanking the rain though. Damn you rain.

Some of my favorites...

"Don't call my portal ghetto..."

Singing When You're Evil with Solange...

Late nights/early mornings in the tavern with Muggs

Setting off traps with suicidal dives...

Someone knocked the fin off a lizard that I picked up. Going to hand it back to him, he was chased away. So now I've got this bright orange fin in my hand. And of course more lizards show up..."HEY! Look what I've got! This used to be your friend right?"

"What are those glowing eyes?"
-"husks"
"How will I know when they see us?"
-"AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Kantil said:
"What are those glowing eyes?"
-"husks"
"How will I know when they see us?"
-"AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

LOL! That is awesome!

When we got back to camp Vinnie was like, "Were you guys even husking? We couldn't hear anything." To which I threatened to make that noise next to his head.

Michiko said:
When we got back to camp Vinnie was like, "Were you guys even husking? We couldn't hear anything." To which I threatened to make that noise next to his head.

Oh, that's just mean. But would be deserved.

Thank you to everyone for a spectacular weekend! In June I got to experience the joys of NPCing (I was the one in the rat outfit, lol) and this was my first PC event. I had a smashing time with the Wayfarers (despite the fact that some of the tactic lessons came belatedly and in the form of maniacal and irate laughter) - you guys were awesome to fight/RP with.

I enjoyed harassing all the other early morning risers on Sunday to play cards with me, and the fabulous NPC lizards who let me beat them up. Sometimes these were the same people.

Other highlights:

Blood Moon blood orange alcohol
Darius's hair
A delegate's comment when he became unparalyzed, that I talk too much (lol)
Getting to experience a wave battle from the side that DOESN'T have a lot of respawns
Anything that came out of Throck's mouth

Good times.

Crazy event full of fun and tension and trying to do lots of stuff.

-Going on three tower mods which I couldn't remember the epicness to tell anyone about. Last time was the best however as the creepy doll thing had us good and was trying to make us agree to a deal to stick a doll on one of the knights or we'd all die. Managed to stall him and even get life spells for the dead while we negotiated and then we rushed him and his golem, repelling him down the hallway while two polearms went high-low on him. Epicness. Thank you Tab. xD

-Organizing an impromptu meeting in the healers guild of all the teams and people in town to share information on current problems since Warsor had seen Dame Evelyn do the same before. It went a lot better then I could have hoped and was amazed how many people listened to Warsor as he went down his list of town problems.

-Hanging out with Harriet Figwitt when she was around the tavern and getting to RP things going on and thoughts my Sandborn had on the big meeting of all the representatives.

-Teo...you sir are a crazy(literally) good Roleplayer and I felt extremely rewarded to just be around when your madness flared up so I could watch the drama. From the rock to the tavern suicide attempts you made very memorable and disturbing impressions on Warsor.

-Battling lizardmen and getting to keep a fin for a short time. "I am da dominate one with da biggest fin!'

-The vote announcements and realizing how dirty Hinkleblink Holdings really was and not looking forward to seeing what sinister money making plans they have in place for the town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back