August Favorites

Darkcrescent

Baron
Chicago Staff
Marshal
While I still have a swollen left eyelid from some kind of bite, I did have an enjoyable time. Only having 2 people on plot may not be the easiest or ideal, but you guys have consistently put on good events in a year filled with unexpected circumstances. Kyra, Kendra, Vaughn, Raeker, Greg, Alysha, and maybe I'm missing one other, but thanks for NPCing!

- Knight's Feast. That was really fun to have more of a casual conversation with Idden and Westguard and start to get their support about the prophecy, now that we had 7 artifacts opposed to 1 when we originally proposed the idea to him.
- Food was great! Thanks to Illana and those serving, and admirable Kadien for standing guard the entire time. Hopefully Lou you grabbed some food, as it was really good.
- Loved the Foundation Stone mod! Was a nice intimate mod that went smoothly. "Just be patient...TOO FAST! Arcane Stone Blast!
- Hopefully convincing the Province 1 guy to start a new life, keep the old culture, assimilate into a new one. We'll see how it goes.
- Briar's many apologies to Asher.
- Of course the knighthood of Ser Victor Von Gryphon. I wish I had thought of giving him a gift like SL and Azure Keep did.
- Dueling Briar, Glaive and Raeker's polearm guy from the Tournement Saturday night. Just a lot of fun to go all out.

I'll include more as I remember them.

• The Knighting of Good Sir Knight Victor von Gryphon
  • The Knight's Feast - having Illana be all nervous around nobility and Vadis helping stand guard
  • The interplay as York, Gryphon, and Asher all left the flesh golem room
  • Learning of the Gryphon Riders

-I was really excited to talk to the Cyclopes again, they were the first outside group Vadis connected to, and are always super friendly and agreeable.

-Victor finally receiving his Knighthood. Absolutely deserved and I'm very glad I made it to the event for that alone. (Side note: It was strange to have Idden in town and not yelling at us.)

-Dervish

-Having 4 earth casters, 3 of whom had life spells in memory. What year is it anyhow?

-Getting blasted by super-soakers was actually pretty fun, and really challenging to not get hit by (started to get scary when they were spraying 10s) Great way to deal with the heat.

- The Alchemical rats mod
- Accidental Tree Hitler
- Victor finally getting his white knights belt
- The tomb looting line fight, most fun I've had on a mod ever

Clearly I waited too long to write this, cause this is everything I can think of. Overall, a really fun (if stupidly hot) weekend!!

Thanks to everyone for everything that made this game fun! This game had the beginnings of many plotlines come into sharper focus, and I am very excited to see how they progress in the upcoming events. Here are just a few of my favorites, in roughly chronological order:
  • Ark, Victor, Kit, and Ilana chasing down the Gnoll Shaman. If Ilana hadn't been in my blind spot, all y'all would have rezzed!
  • The villainous return of Becker Pranceheart, everybody's favorite blue-haired child kidnapper/slaver/murderer!
  • Sitting in as Morde during the late-night meeting discussing options for who to talk to about Tal's goal.
  • Knell Vulture! "And that, ladies and gentlemen, is what a rogue does."
  • Knighting Sir Victor after all this time! You've earned it, sir.
  • Dinnertime conversation at the fancy table with Duke Idden and Baron Westguard. Lots of excellent RP, excellent food, and excellent service (thanks so much!)
  • Finally having Kannanor ("The Bonesmith!") appear in-game and put some serious hurt on the PCs after having been just a mental concept for the last eight months or so! It's always nice to have things leave my brain.
  • The appearance of the Rider at the end of the tunnel, especially with so many PCs being completely surprised by it.
  • Conversation with Dave afterwards regarding the exciting things yet to come! We're both super pumped.
See y'all again soon enough!

I wasn't there for this event but I want to congratulate our new knight! Well done, sir!

Thanks, and thanks to all who over the last 2.5 years have helped us as a community earn this white belt. While I wear it, there is no way that I could have gotten it without everyone's help - I am very appreciative and proud of this accomplishment.

My favorites this event:
The RP with Duke Idden
The Knighting Ceremony
THE CAKE
Best breakfast ever
Undead Cyclops - one black eye socket!
Knell Vulture fight
teaching Archery
learning Tracking from York
learning Celestial 1 from Ilana
The giant brown spider with bodies stuck to it
Shooting an ice lizard with nausia poison
disarming two bad guys to drag Socora off the front line
Ethel's Heartbreaker
seeing Ark in battle again
Kadien standing guard over the dinner table
Meeting Glaive of the Black Wolves

Gosh, it was good to see everyone again! What a great event! Thanks to all the PC's, the NPC's, and to everyone who helped out with the kitchen! Now for some favorites

-RPing the Ghast, it may not have come across through all of the action in combat, but I had fun making gurgly noises and pretending to be an undead hunter of sorts.
-Becker Pranceheart you slimy sick man... That was definitely one of the more morally wrong mods I've seen.
-Gnash, the Orc Warrior for the late night Madreskal mod. I've gotta give mad props to Asher for his amazing explanations to the high orc and a great job to Rob for playing out those warriors.
-Late night Bugbear RP :)
-Morning trolls and the hunt for the purple rock. I was nervous it would be found immediately, I'm glad it took a while to be found.
-Slimy icky water lizards. Hissssssssssssssss
-Alchemy rats and the story of Vaughn overstating alchemy on cards :) Sorry to all the Drunk, Paranoid, and/or Hallucinating folks.
-The knighting of Sir Victor von Gryphon. Well done sir! I salute you!
-The late night town tunnel mod. Ah Desmodu, bats sure are fun!
-Sunday Cyclops Time.

Thanks for a great event everyone! I hope to see you all at nationals!

What a lovely event!! As always, the modes were a lot of fun - even though I was sad I had to leave the Saturday night mod :( and miss the gryphon rider.

Mostly I want to thank everyone who helped me pull off a very impressive "Nobel's table" at dinner Saturday night. I couldn't tell anyone that Victor was going to be knighted (because Socora didn't know), but I just thought if I could motivate everyone to just clean up the tavern for dinner. It was obvious that everyone had high hopes for a Knighting Ceremony, because the next thing I know people are calling for table clothes and digging out the Silver serving items. I was like WOW, OK lets finish off the table with matching plates. Very impressive and so not planned in advance. Good job everyone!!!

Ilana, you were an Awesome Tavern wench!! You took that position to a whole new level and were so concerned about serving the head table in the correct fashion. I just kept reminding you that you should start with the Duke, then the Baron, then our Sir Victor - the rest could just flow from there.

Sticky spiders
Lost mad dogs
Creepy blue haired cowards hiding in circles
And so many undead - HOORAY for being able to use the Aszer Keep swords with +3 Earth damage - made the Socora very happy swinging for 12 Earth or Magic :)

Now mostly just sad that I will have to wait until October 17th to hang out with just our chapter - nationals is going to be a blind whirlwind.

Back