August Guest Plot Favorites

Hey guys. I think I speak for our whole team when I say we had a great time running the event for you all. Feel free to post some of your favorite moments or things here!

Some of my favorites in no particular order were:
Dwasspor!
Oliver and Gandian rping with Ladimer in the crystal.
How much you all ate up those journal entries. Definitely worth it.

I'll add more later when I think of them. I'm still exhausted.

Last edited:
I agree it was a great guest plot. I had a blast and am excited for the Castle event.

Favorites in no particular order...

Getting my First "Clark" weapon, it was like Christmas morning.
Trying to disarm Lattimires cane and the split second of confusion and shock on Josh's face Before he just replied Resisted. I was really hoping he would commit to it and fall over.
Staying up until 430 on Sunday to see a great RP between Balion and Ithkabane or whatever his new name is. (Thank you NPCs)
The whole big fight at the crystal both times.
Having a small group that decided to look for trouble on sat after lunch and hitting one of the npcs and bumping her loot pouch and loot going everywhere. It was like a piniota then getting back to the tavern after that and realizing that the silver piece i thought I picked up was a platinum. Then wrestling with the internal conflict of should I tell the other adventurers that were on this adventure what I found and split it with them. I did end up spliting it with them and keeping my honor intacked.
The 37 different ways I heard the names of the main characters said during the weekend.

• I learned Gandian has a Masters in String theory and Marklogy.
  • I was able to steal one dagger, two staffs, and a short sword during the big fight Saturday.
  • I now have a hippogriff egg and I can't return to a certain outpost until a shaman leaves.
  • Forgot the spell Prison froze you midair but it will still let the hippogriff carry you back to its cave.
  • Finally have a wand holster thanks to Alexander.
  • Lord Asher (Ryan) taught me the secret to casting a ritual is sound effects.
Had a lot of fun this weekend! Thank you everyone!

-William "Errick"

- Those journal entries. That was a really neat story, I liked that it had a lot more depth than 'we wanted to do an evil thing!', and had some good conversations about what in the world motivated the researchers to do what they did.

-Latimer's class. It really blended in nicely to see him talking about his opinion on Chaos magic personally, then later seeing what he'd been up to research wise and getting that feeling that something was way off. Also, proud ownership of a 6th Circle Earth Magic teacher card. :)

- The Friday Night Fight's resolution wasn't 'kill everything on the field'. That's the go-to, and seeing something counterintuitive to that was really nice!

- Getting the last Racial Artifact was nice, because now we don't have to chase that thing around anymore. Solid.

first and foremost both fights inside and outside the large crystal, learning that creatures were created to battle the corrupt but something went WRONG! getting one more of the racial artifacts, how many left to recover?

david raatz aka Iganeous

• I was able to steal one dagger, two staffs, and a short sword during the big fight Saturday.
Friendly reminder: Do not steal respawning NPCs' weapons. Each new spawn is a brand new monster, and the only thing stealing a weapon does at that point is make the NPC run back to monster camp mid-fight to grab a new one (which is not particularly fun nor helpful...).

I wasn't around for a good chunk of the event because of work, but it was a fun event nevertheless.

Scourcrows! I got to relive some of the fun parts of baby Talitha. My apologies for anyone I almost ran over, though. I'm a little out of practice with some of my old tricks.

Speaking of out of practice, this was the first event in years that I hadn't worn my glasses, so I ended up attacking a couple fellow NPCs because I thought they were PCs. Woops!

Kayla's creepy mod. With a little teaking, it could have been a more unnerving experience. Keeping that one filed away for a rainy day.

Hanging out with Dan and chatting late Saturday night was great. :)

Got to do some creepsy makeup, and that's always entertaining.

Overhearing stories from PCs was more fun while I was NPCing, for whatever reason.

And--I almost forgot! Apparently no one recognizes me in full face makeup. I put on an orc face for PC talk and at least seven different people didn't know who I was, which was absurd, but sort of entertaining.

Last edited:
My only regret is not RPing more cause there was some amazing Rp this weekend.

• Even though the Sentinels have been kinda a thing for a while, this is the first weekend where I really experienced us as a group and it was nice.
  • Prop Monster! Dang the second stage fight with Kyle in that armor. That was amazing.
  • Gandian's spell parry for the shatter spirit that hit Rag.
  • We have... 3 different ways were going to stop Rags from perming now?
  • We got all the artifacts!
  • The image of Ladimer hobbling after people with his cane and his sword.
  • It was a wonderful thing watching all of the other Makers turn on Valoran. Just beautiful.
I always forget something but this weekend was a good one and I'm sure there are things I forgot.

Edit: HOW could I forget the Corn-hole-em. That was an awesome mod!

Last edited:
Friendly reminder: Do not steal respawning NPCs' weapons. Each new spawn is a brand new monster, and the only thing stealing a weapon does at that point is make the NPC run back to monster camp mid-fight to grab a new one (which is not particularly fun nor helpful...).

I know... I took them from named NPCs that don't respawn. One of then even charmed Gandian to get his dagger back.

Yeah, Errick was legit in his weapon thievery. Jerk. :p

This weekend was such a blast. I was worried that things wouldn't go right leading into it, and the first big fight on Friday night went a little off the rails, but everything just flowed from there. I've said it a couple times already, but both personally and on behalf of the plot team, massive thanks to everyone that came and everyone that let us take over for the weekend. We spent about 6 months planning this event and I put in waaaaaay too much time building props for it, so I'm glad it paid off so well.

In no particular order:
  • Cornholem! We had a prop built for that but had no idea what we were actually going to run until about 5 minutes before we went out on the field. I could not keep a straight face through that fight.
  • "You see the crystal crack, and begin to crumble! Just as the light fades, you see something start to rise where the crystal was... Which seems like a good time for a water break! Alright, everyone inside, nothing to see here."
  • Poor Ragnarok needs to get someone to give him a Spell Shield before he taunts the big bads.
    Arcane Death! Got it. Magic Death! Got it. Magic Death! Got it. Prison, Prison, whiff, whiff. Magic Shatter Spirit! Dead center, but then Gandian came in with the Spell Parry at the very last instant.
  • Varian - "Elf, how pure is your blood?"
    Gandian - "Eh, Kit's the blood guy."
    Varian - "What about you in the back?"
    Roderick - "Oh, you don't want my blood. Nothing pure there."
  • Seeing the PCs understanding of the plot grow over the course of the weekend. I think the list started as Camia, Vladimir, Valorien, and Dwaspor, but you guys got it in the end.
  • Just listening in on the preparation for the climactic fight and hearing you guys hit damn near every plot point we put out there was fantastic. On a similar note, Oliver's line about how the plan was flawed, that there was a crack, etc, was just perfect.
  • Negotiating with Oliver and eventually coming to a mutually beneficial arrangement. Also I forgot to actually charge you guys the 6 gold on Sunday morning... Oh well.
  • Trap mod! I was hoping I'd be able to get around that path a little more than I did, but it was still fun.
  • Old-school Corrupt mod - thanks again to Alexander for helping us put that together!
  • Grull Grok's complete lack of hesitation to just plunge a dagger into his chest. Nicely done!
  • Charming Gandian and Durl during the Saturday night fight. You guys are both fun Charm targets.
I know I'm missing stuff, I'll probably come back and edit some stuff in or post a second round of favorites in a few days. :p By far, though, my absolute favorite thing about this weekend was seeing you guys have fun and hearing the reactions people had to some of the stuff we put into the event. Thanks again.

I hope everyone had as much fun this last weekend as plot had running it! Thanks to everyone who NPC'ed. Your enthusiasm was off the charts, and I hope we see you next time at the castle (either fighting beside us or against us this time).

--First, seeing how quickly and how thoroughly the PCs engaged with the story. There was a lot of info thrown out and the PCs picked up on pretty much everything, which was awesome to see.
--Second, having an awesome plot team and feeling like we were on the same page all the way through the event!
--Pouring water in front of Baeleon in order to defer to his authority
--"Can we go outside and shout 'password' at the crystal?"
--Asking PCs to answer Stone Elf math riddles in order to escape being burned as fuel for the crystal
--Arm Knit Crystal Un-Weaving Strike Team sneaking up on the crystal from behind just when I was starting to wonder where the heck they'd gone...
--On Saturday night, ending up on the inside of the crystal only once, with Durl and Bruisey... Durl: "Uh, I'm supposed to tell you we're sowing discord between you and stuff ok can I go now" and then Bruisey explaining in great detail how I'd separated the part of my mind that was loyal to the Monolithic Council and the project had failed and really all of this is Varian's fault so why don't we go blame it on him? I have to say I wasn't expecting the Stone Elf to get logicked down by a turtle and a Barbarian ;)
--Spellyball tournament
--Cornholem, aka out-of-controlem, and his goofy walk
--Finding out that PCs completely refused to attack Cambria, the undead researcher, because they knew it wasn't her decision
--Warrior's Crest!
--The Hippogriff mod was adapted from an idea I had from Chicago a couple years ago and never got to run, so I'm glad I got the chance to pull it out this time! Even if it might lead to Errick's potential banishment from Crog's Crag later :p

Thanks everyone!

--On Saturday night, ending up on the inside of the crystal only once, with Durl and Bruisey... Durl: "Uh, I'm supposed to tell you we're sowing discord between you and stuff ok can I go now" and then Bruisey explaining in great detail how I'd separated the part of my mind that was loyal to the Monolithic Council and the project had failed and really all of this is Varian's fault so why don't we go blame it on him? I have to say I wasn't expecting the Stone Elf to get logicked down by a turtle and a Barbarian ;)

I was in pure and utter panic mode when I realized Durl had been charmed. I half thought I needed to strike him down right there, but my calmer side prevailed. Im super glad you didnt call me on flip flopping when I told you that wasnt what i was doing. It was a blast. and totally forgot that in my favorite parts of the weekend.

This was by far one of my favorite events. Thank you everyone who came out, both PC's and NPC's!

-Everyone refusing to fight Cambria, I didn't see that coming, especially the offer of a gift of life with the catalyst after the fight was over!
-Mariah and Tony as Cambria's Scourcrow babies
-Smudge and Bluhlula
-Oliver RPing with the BBG, fantastic stuff all weekend
-Candy golems
-Amnesia goldfishkin
-The mirror puzzle
-Chatting up the PC's as the secretary
-Cookie dough ice cream cake
-THOSE AMAZING CARAMEL ROLLS!!! Always a highlight
-Plot team and monster camp running smoothly all weekend with enthusiasm to spare

Back