Axes of Evil 8: A Rocky Predicament

"The Axes of Evil" will be published by Double Dragon in early 2010 and will be available as a paperback, an e-book, or through Amazon's kindle. Because of contractual obligations, I have had to remove the early draft from this Bulletin Board. Thanks for the comments everyone!

Re: Axes of Evil 8: A Ringing Endorsement

HA!

I'm not sure why but the goblin parts amuse me greatly.

I might try to find a different term than "ringbearer" though... kinda LOTR-ish. I wish I had a suggestion on something to use in its place.

Ezri said:
HA!

I'm not sure why but the goblin parts amuse me greatly.

I might try to find a different term than "ringbearer" though... kinda LOTR-ish. I wish I had a suggestion on something to use in its place.

Hmmmmm. Hadn't thought of that. Given that it is goblins, perhaps it should be "ring guy"?

Or you could just change the item in question. Ugly goblin necklace, bracelet, ascot...

Ascot?

Well, you already have a medallion for the Vansir, so I wouldn't use another one of those. It could be some other shiny trinket though and then Terin pulls it out when he's doing his "I'm a big bad wizard" schtick. Goblins like shineys.

I like the change. Painting rocks blue and handing them out seems much more pathetic and goblin-y. I'm glad the fact that Terin seems to be in every prophecy in the world is given a nod. It's an issue that should be adressed. Will it be explained further on in the story? (Can Chryseum and Lysander, whose fan club I've already started, come back?)

Ren Suzume said:
I like the change. Painting rocks blue and handing them out seems much more pathetic and goblin-y. I'm glad the fact that Terin seems to be in every prophecy in the world is given a nod. It's an issue that should be adressed. Will it be explained further on in the story? (Can Chryseum and Lysander, whose fan club I've already started, come back?)

Oh, there is a definite reason why Terin keeps appearing in prophecies. He will speak to the gay gryphons later in this book.

I'm still trying to decide whether they will figure it out in this book or leave it for another sequel, though.

*smiles*
Ok, that's what popped into my head when I first read them too. I was just wondering if you were referencing something else.

*chuckles* huzzah Mike.

A thousand doubts then battered my mind. What in the world is going on? Are you the subject of every prophecy in Ashbury right now? Is there a connection or is this just a strange coincidence? And how could this be some sort of prophecy if you were just given the[i] ring [/i]a few days ago? I vowed at my next opportunity to ask Leander and Chryseum, my gryphon ritual-casting friends, about all this constant prophecy nonsense.
The goblins remained still, awaiting my lead. Sighing quietly, I said, “Lead the way,” and they scattered off with Bumper and I following close behind.

Still said Ring here

Tim

Fearless Leader said:
I'm still trying to decide whether they will figure it out in this book or leave it for another sequel, though.
As a reader, of course I'd like the "Big Reveal" to come sooner than later. I think if it were left for another book, the prophecy... frustration... (dunno if that's the right word) that Terin is feeling might become a bit stagnant.

Walgar said:
A thousand doubts then battered my mind. What in the world is going on? Are you the subject of every prophecy in Ashbury right now? Is there a connection or is this just a strange coincidence? And how could this be some sort of prophecy if you were just given the[i] ring [/i]a few days ago? I vowed at my next opportunity to ask Leander and Chryseum, my gryphon ritual-casting friends, about all this constant prophecy nonsense.
The goblins remained still, awaiting my lead. Sighing quietly, I said, “Lead the way,” and they scattered off with Bumper and I following close behind.

Still said Ring here

Tim

Thanks!

Back