Back into Town Briefly [Open, Attn: Mobeus, Derya]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakero303

Shifting his hand on Condor's reins, Garnett moved his way up the road to Parson's Breach. His eyes looked to the gate a bit cautiously out of habit, his clothing marred with stone dust. He looked a bit tired about the face but overall fairly well, and dismounting after the gate he looked about for anything new or old faces.

Derya was sauntering down from the cabin she was sharing with some rather lovely barbaric types. It had been decades since she first practised the swagger that now came so naturally to her. Each step setting the coins sewn to one of her hip scarves to jangling. She was barely conscious of what was once such a precise placing of feet to allow for just the right sway of hips, just the right lean of her figure to present herself -just so- to the populace. The point-eared archer's thoughts wandered aimlessly and she found herself grinning as she mulled over some of the events of the past few days.
It was on this lazy swagger back to the tavern (where else?) that she noticed movement down the road, toward the gate. She paused in her steps, brown gaze narrowing as she considered who this might be. And she grinned broadly as she recognized the man's walk, his way of holding himself. Her direction changed but her pace and her swagger did not. She jingled along down the road, her grin settling into something lazy and lopsided and more than a little teasing. After a few steps she raised a hand to her forehead, fingers barely brushing the scarf wrapped about her head before launching into a mockery of some sort of salute. "You ought be careful, Quill. All that dust on you and folk 'round here might mistake you for an elemental or some such." She paused, allowing herself to close more distance before adding in a stage whisper, "And, love the lot as I may, they're not the most diplomatic bunch." She offered a wink.

Garnett's eyes caught the approaching elven privateer was some bemusement, taking up a brush and cleaning off the dust he may have left on Condor's coat. At her sardonic salute he considered himself briefly before smiling. "It does have it's drawbacks, either a suspected criminal or monster depending on the stranger." He chuckled, and murmured in return. "Tis' perhaps true for a few, but happens in such places of high excitement." His tone and voice returned to norm. "Now just what has been happening the past few weeks? For the most part been busy helping out with the stone and shaping it up for my tower. From what it sounds, we got earth elementals then?"

Derya's brows shot up and she chuckled softly. "Oh, you could say that. Along with fire and..oh one was hitting me with lightning that reminded a lass a little bit of you."
The elven woman's head tilted to one side as she looked Garnett over, quietly checking his condition. "I don't entirely know about these past few weeks as I've been in and out of town, but these past few days.. Well, I suppose it's the norm for the Breach, isn't it? Whispers in the ears, undead beating down the doors of the tavern, adventurers, in-fighting, being proposed to, running in to an old...friend, you know, all the usual. Nothing quite so exciting as stone-cutting, I'm sure."
A broad grin split her lips and she slung her arm loosely around Garnett's shoulders. "You back in town long, Quill?"

It was Garnett's eyebrows that shot up one after the other as she explained the varied elements that had now taken to bashing on that ten yards of palisade that formed the door to the village. He was perhaps a bit tired looking from a decent amount of handy-work, but aside the grit he looked fairly well. The results of their exploration were no where to be found on him, wearing currently his old gear. "Quite the strange thing that, but suppose you be right on the matter of a Parson norm. They butted in a few times a while back, but usually at the behest of Fae."

He blinked as he listened to her list off several of her antics. "Proposed to?" He burst out laughing. "There's a short courtship if I've heard of any." He teased, resting in her arm easy enough. "Though I have a feeling that must have been quite the blunt approach considering the Breach." He shook his head after her comments and sighed. "Afraid not, the work keeps me busy in the pits. I will be putting out letters I think however for certain investments I am suppose to be helping with," He mused. "Provided I hear something has -actually- come of it."

"Investments, you say?" She decided against expanding on what had happened with the proposal, content enough to share that it had happened without naming any names or shaming anyone. But something else flitted across her thoughts. "Quill, these past few days have been quite hard on my quiver. I was out of arrows almost as often as I had them. I've begun making deals to try to rectify the situation, but the fact of the matter still comes down to this: Arrows run out and Parson's Breach likes to eat my arrows. So..I'm learning to use a sword, properly, in the way that I don't already know to use one." She then turned her best, sweetest smile on the man, adding a peppering of fluttered lashes. "You wouldn't happen to have a longsword for sale, would you?"

The look at her proposed artful gesture of asking with a sidelong glance with a smirk. "That Parson's does, makes a breach right in your quiver! Though with me having a spare sword, mmmh, what exactly are you offering in wishing for it? You tend to be a creative sort of girl, so if you're short of coin i'm curious what else your mind might be on it. I'll need six silver at least to cover the cost, but," He let it hangin, an eyebrow quirked up.

Derya raised both brows at Garnett once more, trying very hard to look both innocent ans aghast. "Quill, are you propositioning me?" She tapped her chin lightly with one finger, her eyes wide and her expression theatrical she added "Well, if you insist on a roll in the furs..." She waited a moment, glancing sidelong in the hopes of catching glimpse of a blush. After allowing the words to linger awkwardly she added, "I have the coin but if you're wanting a trade, I'm sure we can work something out. I have a few...trade routes open. I can mix you up some elixirs. I can read your staves. Or I could do I really terrible dance for you. Unless there was something specific you had in mind? But let me warn you, if you actually did mean you wanted to bed me as payment, I may have to gut you. Just saying."
She slipped her lace-gloved hand into the crook of her friend's elbow and grinned that lazy, lop-sided grin of hers.

Contradictory (mayhaps cause he was half expecting the tease) he burst out in a hearty chuckle to her wording of his proposition. "If it had been that indeed this would have to be some of the crudest efforts I could think of going about it." He listened to her other offers and his smile softened to a simple fondness. "The potions might be something now that I finally got rid of all those nasty little ones I had. I'll take the coin perhaps and a favour or two in the way of information-now that has a amusing value." He gestured with his right hand towards his back. The scimitar that sat there now with it's highly detailed handle of a dragon's head gave none of the evidence of the stone dust. "Ever since we got this it has been sitting on my saddle bags awkwardly. Who's teaching you the tricks of the trade?" He slipped a hand about her hip, letting it rest idly instead of it free-swinging between them.

Her grin broadened and the elven woman gave a light shrug. "Mar began the teaching. Hamish has offered his guidance. Jax taught me some other tricks. Crow has been showing me how to block, with any weapon I may have. The men around these parts certainly seem to want to see me well-taught." She smiled faintly as a thought occurred to her. "I suppose you'll be wanting to throw your two copper in as well?"
She shifted her weight slightly, a few of the coins at her hip tinkling. She wasn't overly pleased with the idea of learning close combat. It had been a fine enough thing while being taught it, but she much preferred being some distance off, lobbing arrows into the fray. However, she saw the need for it. A gnoll had left her hacked and bleeding out on the grass outside the tavern recently, and mostly because she had no means of defending herself in close quarters aside from attempting to bat away attacks with her bow. She had been lucky that so many had noticed her fall, else she might have had a chance to see if...the matter.. had worked. A couple quick blinks cleared her head and brought her back to the conversation at hand.
Her gaze rested on the 'treasure' of their last adventure together. "How are you handling things, Quill?"

He watched her expression carefully as they wandered along the path, "my two cents? Honestly, I think I'll be teaching you ways to hit him once or twice one the blade to disarm and flee or a right smack across the head and be dally on your way," He mused. "I enjoy much more the burst of dealing with things that get too close to me, and not being at their backside. I'm not much use when I have to run backwards with these blades of mine being with their reach."

As she asked of things, he paused and sighed. "It's been still difficult, learning of things like that. My siblings are still in my thoughts, wishing the best for them. Perhaps when this tower is finished I can be making them right proud with my heirlooms. If all goes well here in Parson's and my passion for building doesn't make me broke, we'll see where it leads me and my future."

Derya gave Garnett's shoulder a squeeze. "Everything will turn out well for you, Quill. You are strong and have a good heart."
She smiled faintly before taking a step back and giving the man a long, considering look. "So what was it that brought you back to us briefly, then? Surely not just to see my smile and hear my jingle?"

"Mmmh, part of the reason yes." He replied with a chuckle. "I also wanted to send out a message or two from here to inform the guild of my delay of instead a simple month to further along. I'll be coming by when the work allows me to or we are here to drop off the stones. Likely however, considering how this lot is about breakable things like towns and villages I will aim to bring it in all at once. Is Mobeus around?"

Mobeus. That gave Derya pause. She liked the man but he was clever. Clever and an official man of some power. These combinations always made her nervous. Especially with how willing she was to tell everything about Kai to him. It was eerie, unnerving. But she liked the man. Besides, as suspicious as some people might be of her, she wasn't malicious and thus no one had any reason to question her about anything. She pursed her lips a moment, considering, and then shrugged.

"I honestly don't know, people've been pouring out of the breach like salmon spawning. Should I bellow for him or shall we try a more subtle approach? I know he was sharing a cabin with Nazrat. Not that that's much help, that fellow can vanish in plain sight sometimes."

Derya took a deep breath. Living aboard a ship amidst storms and winds and tumultuous days taught many a sailor to have a decent, carrying voice. Bellowing was a proud tradition of communication, a necessary one. It didn't always work so well on land, but sometimes it did, and unless stopped, Derya was about to bellow for Mobeus.

"Ah ah ah! It's fine it's fine, usually if he did need me he would send a message of sorts." He held up a hand, shaking his head. "I just wanted to make sure everything was alright. I serve as something of a jack in their ranks for combat and healing, and if they went for another crystal I am curious how they faired." He considered it for a moment. "As to that, I think I saw a new face or two. Anyone of particular interest; you were calling someone a Crow, that one has me bemused why."

"Crow. He's a northman. Wears a crow's skull around his neck and a Roc skull on his head. He's the in-touch-with-nature type. I think his real name is Rothmund. He's joining the Earthweavers." Derya grinned faintly, considering whether or not to add more to the conversation. "We've known each other for...some time."

She paused a moment, considering. "I think the other one is Jasper. I don't know much about that one. He twirls his staff a lot and he doesn't play Blackjack. I tried to invite him."

The Elf shrugged. "Otherwise, mostly the same lot, though some faces were missing. I made a few contacts with some of the passers through that I'm hoping will pay out."

"Well hopefully the stonework won't keep me away too long to meet these folks." He considered that before shrugging, dipping towards the tavern. "Let's get a round on me for visit's sake, and I can be giving something for you to enjoy a quick read of, if you're up for it. not your romance, but the outline is there so far."

Strolling down from the hill across from the two adventurer's chatting. A short and rather stout man wrapped in furs approached them, hefting a long bit of wood across his shoulders, like someone too lazy to walk with their staff would hold it. His rather portly belly was covered in an early sunburn from an unaccustomed southern heat, a necklace of crow skulls, talons and bears teeth were hanging around his neck. Noticing a friendly face chatting with someone he'd never met, he called to the stranger, "Careful mate, that one may have a silvered tongue but when it comes to a mans purse she's got even longer fingers." He grinned again and chuckled as he closed distance to the other two chatting.

Derya grinned broadly. "I will never turn down free drinks or good stories." She was just turning her attention to the tavern when a familiar voice called out dreaded words.
The elf grimaced. "My fingers and my tongue are both elegant, and it's not my fault if men and women both wish to throw gifts at my feet." She gave a haughty toss of her head before the lazy grin played across her lips once more. "Quill, meet Crow. Crow, Quill. Don't believe anything the other says about me."

Despite her lazy grin, Derya felt herself grow mildly tense. Her history with Crow was...complicated and she always felt this strange sense of guilt around the man, even as she shrugged off her jabs.

Garnett blinked at the sound of the unfamiliar voice and looked over to Crow, considering it but nodding as he was introduced. a brief wry smile came after the two commented and replied in the quick sardonics of from what it sounded like a chaotic relation. An eyebrow rose softly and spoke with a gentle teasing note."Oh ho, shall we be comparing notes then? Charmed though, and nah-my coin's goin' to a pile of stone you'll see in the months ahead, so not much to take even if I could." He rolled his shoulders,

"The efforts for my visit however seems to stumble at least to a few new things. Might I ask about your skills then?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back