Backstory help.

John

Artisan
Ok. For anyone who doesn't know me. My name is John and I play a kilted Amani elf raised by humans. I submitted a scant backstory and was loking to beef it up to give Plot a bit more to work with. So from the "Rebirth of a kingdom" pdf. I got that the Maw dumped Ashbury into Icenia in the year 598 and that it is now 613. The problem I have is that I can't find any land info for the time prior to the dump. There is talk if Ashbury fitting and beeing made for where it ended up. Now to my question problem and question."Ian" has been told he sounds like he is from Falkirk. The problem is that Falkirk is from Icenia and tho the Amani didn't come from Ash forrest, that is where they ended up. I play "Ian" as in his 40s to explain his human parents dieing of old age and keeping his younger human merchent brother a option for plot. Now to the question. Was there a Duchy where Falkirk now resides where people would have "spoke funny" as they do in Falkirk before the Maw? Please let me know. Any info would be great.

Ps I also emailed Plot but figured that if someone else could help then that would be one less thing on Plots excessivly full plate.

John

I can't remember the name of the estate, but you may want to look into back Ashbury times for the estate in Nordenn that the McEwans were from. Now, the McEwans that were part of the Nordenn court back in the day were half-orcs, but they did wear kilts. (I can't remember if they were all half-orcs, or just some of them, since it's been a long time and my memory isn't that great.) I also can't remember if they did the accents, but it's hard to talk with tusks AND an accent, I would think. I believe it was a freehold estate. Nordenn is near the Ash Forest, so if that estate was one that was nearest, that could also help explain the link with your being an Amani elf raised outside of the Forest. Hope this helps somewhat....

The "old world" info was purged from the Player's Guide a couple editions ago, so finding maps of the old kingdom would be difficult. It sounds like you've already played the character so my "your character could be an Imlidari elf who was raised by Humans in Falkirk" is pretty useless. Your best bet would be to ask some of the long looong time players if they remember, because Tyrra was before the time of the every member of the last three iterations of the plot team.

We actively discourage players from creating old Tyrran characters, but the information is out there. You can read the old Players Guides in the Healers' Guild library, and the newsletters may help as well.

The "old world" info was purged from the Player's Guide a couple editions ago, so finding maps of the old kingdom would be difficult. It sounds like you've already played the character so my "your character could be an Imlidari elf who was raised by Humans in Falkirk" is pretty useless. Your best bet would be to ask some of the long looong time players if they remember, because Tyrra was before the time of the every member of the last three iterations of the plot team.

Ahem! Not true. I started playing Tyrra from the first event (and was part of an iteration of one of the last three plot teams). I also still own every single old Player's Guide and the vast majority of every newsletter ever printed (though those are also available online). If anyone wants help with a Tyrran character, I am happy to assist.

-MS

That works out great accualy. I worked out that Ian would have been raised in Nordenn to keep a possable link to Ash forrest. So that and the fact that "Ian" started working/adventuring at a very young age for an Elf (Early 40s) through Falkirk. He would have picked up the dialect quickly without even realizing it. Thanks all for the assistance.

John

At the time, the only freehold estate in Nordenn was Wildwood. That might have been where the McEwans came from. But one of the McEwans was a knight, so it also could have been Nordenn Keep, Peppercorn, Shadowkeep, or Stormwood (the four baronial estates). My bad memory keeps wanting to say it was Peppercorn, but I really couldn't say for sure.

-MS

I seem to remember the Mcewans being from Peppercorn.

There was a heavy link to Peppercorn, there was a charge call of "remember Peppercorn" at one of the fairdays back then.

Back