BADWOLF!

(A vicious, throaty growl comes through the dreaming)
Friend-stabber, blood-letter! I'll kill you the next time I see you. A death for a death is only fair. Be ready for it!

A rage filled Lightning

Lightning,

My friend, please calm down. Before you do anything you will be sorry about later.
Who has Badwolf killed? When and where did it happen?
Calling someone a killer is a serious claim. I feel there may be a misunderstanding here. If he did kill someone, we will have him arrested and bring him to justice. Contact me priviately if you do not wish to speak about it publicly. If anyone else has information on this. Please contact myself or a knight with the info.

Foss

Lightning,

I'm sorry for your dream...
That is all it was...
Next I see you, I will...
Tell you all what you...
Need to know...

What has my Lightning so upset? It takes quite a bit to anger him, especially to zhe point of threats. This sounds quite serious.

Keallit

(Another vicious growl)
You were there, Foss, with Maglin and Neo and the brothers. . . and Regan. It wasn't a dream. I don't dream. And I don't need anyone else's help! I'll settle this when I see you next, Badwolf friend-stabber!

Lightning, still full of wrath

Lightning, were you awake when Badwolf attacked them? It may not have been a dream but obviously Foss and Regan are fine so it hasn't happen. May not ever happen. Would you be alright looking into it before going after Badwolf? If he hasn't done anything I know you'd feel terrible hurting an innocent man.

Keallit

Lightning, do not harm Badwolf!
It's ok. Valandra and myself also had a dream that had Badwolf harming us. But that is all it was. It was only a dream. If you say you don't dream, then it was a vision. Either way. Valandra wasn't harmed, nor I. I haven't heard from Regan, Maglin, Nyio, or the brothers yet. I'm sure they are fine. Badwolf said he would explain, I would like to hear it. If after listening to him, we feel he is a danger to himself or others. We will HELP him deal with the situation then. This is what we do. We help our friends, not kill them. Lightning, if you harm Badwolf before we have a chance to listen to what he has to say. You and I will have a very big problem.

Foss

Looking to start more problems with people already Foss? Whatever this nightmare/dream was it depended on the good nature of those sleeping within my keep in order to inflict it's malice of vision, as it was only through their trust that such a dream could pass through the enchantments that cover my area. Helping people is all well and good, but do not attempt to commit the community at large to a path before we find out what the source of this was. There is a great difference between a mistake, or something a person was caught up in, and a willful choice of a path. I don't know what this is yet, but for my part I will only promise Justice, and while that can be mercy in many cases, it can also mean just punishment.

The level of power required to affect so many people at once is troubling, especially considering recent events, there is a fairly high likely hood that for this to occur either another potentially dangerous force was involved, or at the very least illegal use of Formal Level magics.

As to you Badwolf, do not hold yourself as believing you will be the one allowed to determine the level of knowledge needed by your victims, I have no patience for someone that causes my wife to awake in a cold sweat and you would do well to plan to offer complete disclosure, anything less than that and I will hold this as an intentional assault on my house and react accordingly, with all the swiftness and certainty of our Laws.

-Lord Enan Bluewater
Keeper of the Azure Keep.

I to had a dream with myself, Foss, Maglin, Lightning, Regan, Val, and the brothers in which Badwolf had attacked and killed myself as well as others. I can assure you that it was a dream and that only because I am very much so alive. I would have to agree with Foss on this and lets give Badwolf a chance to explain himself before making and executing any harsh actions.

Lord Bluewater,
I mean to start no trouble with anyone. I do take that as an insult that you think such things of me. All my intention is to find out what is causing these dreams and to help a friend. A friend that has risked his life several times for this community. Died once, if I recall, saving YOUR wife. If you want to turn your back on him. Fine! Gather your people, hide in your keep, and shut the doors. I will not! I will not turn my back on someone who I am proud to call my friend, proud to fight side by side with, and willing to give my life for. If Badwolf is in trouble, I will not let him face this alone.
Badwolf, you are not alone in whatever you are facing. I know how it feels to feel alone and that no one can help you. Let me help you. Let your friends help you. If you will let us. When you are ready to talk. I will listen.

Foss

Foss,

History has proven your actions do not always follow your high ideals, Feel free to take insult if you wish. If you wish to help Badwolf, you are welcome to it, however as is your habit you allow your passion for helping blind you to potentials you do not like. The last time you ignored my council you spent a year in shadows and months in the gutter awash in drink and intoxicated.

Badwolf may well be helped, but I also recognize that he has reached out through reasonably powerful forces, through nightmares, not a month after the hags have been put down. Declaring that he shall be helped regardless of what the situation is, is foolish, should it be that he have had no option and is willing to work to remedy it is one thing, but if he has decided to do something without considering the risk to my people, and proves unwilling to be forthcoming or to turn from the path, then I will not be one to find myself shackled by hasty promises.

You have a choice, admit that your treatment of this will be dependent on the facts, or admit that you hold your oaths so tenuous that you are willing to make them knowing that you will break them if the world is not as you wish it. Otherwise you have a third and final option, to proclaim that you would help a friend, even if they are engaged in foolish dangerous actions that could threaten the multitudes, without any critical thought or consideration to your duty to the land or the people. You have already proven that you are capable of the third, you have told me many times in recent months that such actions where in your past. Please explain to me how your unconditional pledge of support leaves you with the option of doing what may someday become an unfortunately duty without breaking your oath.

I owe my people a greater responsibility than the making of blind oaths, I owe them vigilance and careful tending. These dreams cause harm, resurrections have been seen in the recent past from things exactly of this nature, do you owe Lightning no duty? What of my wife, who has always spoken restraint and support in your favor, you would allow her discomfort, and potentially harm just to take a stand on something you have absolutely no information on yet?

No, this event was an assault on my Keep and the people with in it, and I will have answers. I have never refused aid to anyone that I could assist and this will be no difference, but forsaking your oaths and duties in blind support of a friend is one of the most dangerous and deadly of transgressions no matter how tenderhearted it's source.

I will wait and see until I have more information, but understand that I will support those of my house, even while I may seek to temper their wrath, as far as the rule of Law allows me.

-Lord Enan Bluewater

Lord Bluewater,

I understand and agree that this dream was an attack on your keep and your people. So with that, I agree with you that you should take action to protect them. You know very well that I wish them zero harm and danger. I am no fool Enan, I will listen to what Badwolf has to say. I will not blindly follow anyone into curtain death or torture. But I will aid Badwolf in anyway I can after I listen to what he has to say, and if he will allow me. Until then I will not allow anyone to harm him.
Also, my duty is to The Crown. If you think otherwise you are greatly mistaken. Enan, in the future, if you want to question my motives, my beliefs, my passions, my oaths. Please do so privately.

Foss

Lord Bluewater,

I will take... any punishment you... seem fit to...
deal to me... for my transgressions... against your house...
and family, Lord... I understand there...are consequences for...
all actions and... they must be...dealt no matter...
what it is... and you will... learn when we...
meet in person...

Oye,
If this was a dream or vision. No harm came of it. Granted Badwolf did ruin something that was going to be beautiful. (I'm sure Reagan, Val and Maglin were moments from making out. How dare you Badwolf !) We will talk about ruining a man's dreams later. Badwolf caused no harm only disappointment. Even if this was a vision. Then we need to find the power behind it. I do not believe Badwolf would intentionally harm any of us. He has sacrificed himself on many occasions for us and the well being of Wayside. We all know him and know that he is a true friend. My brothers and I will stand by and let an innocent man be arrested or killed for what happened in a dream. Furthermore, Badwolf is a friend and ally to the Brotherhood. Raise a sword against him and you will deal with us.

I dunno what you lot are carryin' on about while I'm tryin'-a sleep, but I can tell you this much... Badwolf is the most honorable sort I've ever come across, a right man-a tha people, y'know? Not exactly Brother'ood material, but I like 'im just fine. Now Keeper 'ere has a real bad habit-a shootin' his mouth off when he's drunk, and he's usually most drunk when he's asleep. Drunk or not, I stand behind me brother on this'n. No proof-a harm has been brought to light, so no charges can be leveled, and I should know about due course of law an' such. So before anyone starts to puffin' their chests out about this or that, let's remember our manners, yeah?

I agree vith the brothers. Though I'm much more vorried about those who were sleeping in Enan's restful sleep spell and still got affected. It sounds... unpleasant. Lightning is not one to do something dishonorable, I would like to know what it would take to calm him and everyone else until the next gathering so we don't cause unnecessary worry until then. Let's not worry until we have to.

Keallit

Me's not know about all this bad dreaming stuff.... Me's never have bad dreams....... If in this all dreams then why all yelling at Badwolf..... Them just dreams...... If in ya hurts Badwolf and the Brotherhood gets jumps in this ya gots to Me's right with them too..... Me's back Brotherhood and in turn Badwolf...... Now the big question is why all dad bad dreams?....... Me's understand if sleep gets messing up people's get grumpy..... Me knows this all to well........ Sense bunnies wont SHUT UP !!! Me's getting no sleep....... So dis all needs fixing........ OH MY GOODNESS MAKE BUNNIES STOP FIGHTING.......

I believe Lord Enan has some good points to be addressed. We must find out what is the cause of the dreams and Badwolf is the key. He has already offered to enrich us to his experiences during our next market day. Hopefully we can then figure out the forces behind the dreams and meet them head on. Until this has happened it is utterly pointless to use thinly veiled threats against each other. That being said lets get the brotherhoods full stance out there.......

Until Badwolf says otherwise, he is under the brotherhoods protection. This does not mean we intend to let him go free. Information must be gathered, and justice (if deemed required) must be found. We do, however, demand to be present in all questioning and ruling in this matter. We will guard him from any danger until an answer for theses dreams has been found. I also ask that all who appreciate and enjoy the brotherhoods company and friendship to help us in our task.

Enan, I am sorry that this has happen to Azure keep. I hope we may find the source of this problem so we can stamp it out. I do ask, however, that you leash your dog before he puts us all down a path that leads to blood shed. You give your people vigilance and careful tending. They in turn are to respect your wishes and follow your commands. I think you understand what I am getting at.

Kael

Back