• Superman

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Neither

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What batman lacks in physical strength, he makes up in smarts. I mean batman deals with villains that have superpowers on a daily basis it seems like.

I picked neither because superman is too much of a nice guy to outright mess up batman and batman would just expose superman's weakness and dip because he is too cool to kill superman

roycifer said:
See, what most people (and, apparently, most writers) seem to forget (or choose to ignore, goign back to the writers) is that Superman is also super-intelligent. I'm sure if it ever became a true one on one battle to the death, Supes would be well prepared and prevail.

His super intelligence was actually revoked post Crisis on Infinite Earths, as part of the general de-powering of Superman in the aftermath of the ludicrous nature of the Silver Age power creep.

Aaeunnimbus said:
roycifer said:
See, what most people (and, apparently, most writers) seem to forget (or choose to ignore, goign back to the writers) is that Superman is also super-intelligent. I'm sure if it ever became a true one on one battle to the death, Supes would be well prepared and prevail.

His super intelligence was actually revoked post Crisis on Infinite Earths, as part of the general de-powering of Superman in the aftermath of the ludicrous nature of the Silver Age power creep.

He may not have intelligence on par with his physical strength but I'd say he's at least as smart as Batman.

As of right now, Batman wins.

Tower of Babel; there isn't any planning involved..because Batman already has the plans to beat superman.

So hence, walking up to batman and going "You have to kill superman. Right now." On goes the krypton ring.

-Ali

Telokh_Amdo said:
Aaeunnimbus said:
He may not have intelligence on par with his physical strength but I'd say he's at least as smart as Batman.

Nope, He can be outthought by Batman or Lex Luthor...and Amanda Waller.

Because you do not mess with the Wall.

It is bad for your health.

*clutches his issues of classic Suicide Squad*

really, the difference between Batman and Superman is one of national morality. in eras where Manifest Destiny is in vogue, Superman will win hands down because he's the embodiment of the American Ideal; in other times when Isolationism is in high swing, Batman with his "ends justify the means" philosophy wins out. these days, the American spirit is pretty harrowed - hence the resurgence of antiheroes - so i'd put money on the Bat for taking the day, especially if Superman is on his high horse with this, that, or t'other liberal diatribe

which, of course, doesn't change the fact that Punisher killed EVERYONE in both the DC and Marvel universe. now, HE is the bomb-diggity

Ah.

But then came the whole Batman Beyond cycle.

JIM

Fearless Leader said:
All Superman has to do is wait it out. Batman will get older and less effective over time.

As much as I'm loathe to mention Frank Miller's work, The Dark Knight Returns shows quite nicely that an older batman is NOT a less effective batman.

I think Mike V was more getting at waiting it out a little longer. Just a little longer down the road where Superman can visit the Gotham City Retirement Home and just kinda push him over. :D

Marcena said:
I think Mike V was more getting at waiting it out a little longer. Just a little longer down the road where Superman can visit the Gotham City Retirement Home and just kinda push him over. :D

Exactly.

Just came back from Dark Knight. Excellent movie! Superman can still beat him up though.

Back