Battle Day Favorites!

Vryan

Rogue
Alliance General Manager
New Hampshire Staff
The concept turned out much better than I had ever imagined! I definitely think we should do more of these in the following years. Now, on to the favorites:

- The turnout! I'm really surprised we got as many people as we did, and we were all very eager to kick butt! Thank you everyone who came!

- Everything about the Baron Kurnz fight. I had so much fun playing him. Long argument with Edgar, telling a crying Becca at my feet not to touch me and then killing her, and having one of my guards being accused of casting Necromancy. It was a long fight, but it was so much fun.

- KILLING THE PRINCESS!

- Unfortunately winning the Stoneroost vs. Devourer fight. I wanted to lose so badly!

- Pizza and story time with Gary. It's always the best hearing about his shenanigans from his earlier years.

- Deadlands Trail! I really like what Gary turned it into, and it was awesome to be the only PC at the entire event. The setting was perfect with the full moon and everything. I got tackled by Gary as Jonathan, which was awesome.

I think that's about it for now. Let's hear yours!

i loved the battleday!
it was so much fun starting from the begining
which was trying to get food from alberts baron
i actually even managed to get one box, yay!

killing the princess!!! i was on the bad guys side and they almost
made it to saftey

i was also hoping the cerebral devoures would win, i tried to be a good experiment
but we didnt /sad face

and the deadlands trail was so awesome even if i was limited to cause wounds, when there was so much
potential of a necromancer

i got proof on video that biata are necromancers
i also got pictures of all but the princess fight,
i really wanted to win so i didnt have time

it was so great to have a battle day with those that came
loved it!
thanks!
-rachel

Wow! I am way more sore from one day than I am from an entire normal weekend!
WE played our guts out. TO those who chose not to make the trek, I would HIGHLY recommend that if/when there is another battle day that you all attend! So much fun!

Favorites,
THe raid on the baron was lots of fun. Having one of his officers/casters go Necro on me, and being able to scream about it.. And get away with my life was so fun! THe Baron actually first aiding one of my npc's, only to hear at the end, Completed refit.... Huh!?! I think it was a mistake on the young Baron's part.... Yeah that has to be it :)

THe mod to kill the Princess. Huge battle of attrition. with a huge payoff for the winners. Dan's comment as we head down the trail... So guys we really want to win this fight. If the princess dies, than Princess Ariane becomes Crown Princess, And she's kind of betrothed.... Me:So Dan, you're saying that in addition to being named Duke, Southkin would then be Crown Prince.... Dan: I'm not saying that!.... Sometimes those jokes come back to haunt you :)

Deadlands Trail- Wow Another huge battle of attrition. Swarms of undead.... The longest trek possible on the site, limited resources, and knowing that we have the baby Vry amongst us. Completely immersed me in the world of Deadlands. A truly Horror filled race with death.
Getting to play Old School Goliath... Priceless.

Getting to hang and play with folks in an environment that was even more relaxed than normal Game was so much fun!

Marcus said:
THe Baron actually first aiding one of my npc's, only to hear at the end, Completed refit.... Huh!?! I think it was a mistake on the young Baron's part.... Yeah that has to be it :)
Wha...huh? I may have just said refit complete on accident, because I'm so not used to First Aiding people. I wasn't entirely level headed by that point of the fight and I was talking to my guards and stuff. Take it as a slip-up on my part, because I was definitely First Aiding you!

But, speaking of that instance, me seeing three dying peasants on the ground and only being able to First Aid one of them, I picked Becca's peasant because "Women are more important". I had a laugh to myself for that one. But, then she turned out to be dead anyway so it didn't matter. :(

Oh, yeah, I also loved winning all of the fights I was in. Because I'm awesome.

Vry_Young_Pup said:
But, speaking of that instance, me seeing three dying peasants on the ground and only being able to First Aid one of them, I picked Becca's peasant because "Women are more important". I had a laugh to myself for that one. But, then she turned out to be dead anyway so it didn't matter. :(

It was sweet until the: "Oh, she's dead? Oh well." Bear in mind there was a LIFE ELEMENTAL ONE THE FIELD! (I actually forgot this momentarily too and just popcorned, oh well.)

So many favorites. So little time.

-Angry mobbing it in the food riots. We tried every trick in the book on those guards. Baron Kurnz has some super-loyal people (oh and he is also a giant ponce :p). Having Edgar helping both sides definitely made the fight more interesting. All the roleplay during this crazy long fight was awesome. Very intense on both sides.

-The dogs don't breed fast enough so we resorted to rats...

-Baron, I think you might be losing some crates of food while you intimidate that peasant.

-Getting to play a Quiet One and assassinate the princess. I can't believe we got her. I can't believe how close we came to not getting her and I'm glad people enjoyed(?) my creepy face. :D I can't wait for that family reunion... :D

-Deadlands Trail was the best. Craig's poor healer jumping in front of every spell to protect Idan and Baby Vry and then getting left behind at the end because he was dead and we had no more life spells. Soooooo sad! Soooo Deadlands!

There were so many good one-liners that I just can't seem to remember. Anyway, it was great getting to just hang out with everyone and play. I too hope this becomes a staple because it was just a lot of fun.

Yeah, I actually figured it was a mistake, but couldn't pass up the humor in it. By that point, I imagine you were just wishing you could retreat to your home and say F all this.

Goliath actually carried Craig's NPC on his back until he dissipated. If I could have carried the other two, I would have. But needed both hands to fight. Man that was intense.

quiet ones vs. princess and crew...AWESOME...I love when the "bad" guys win

also getting to play 10th level Akane was wild!!

Meeting Jonathan on that mod that went on for two hours with the undeads just killing us...getting eaten by undeads

Gary "NPCs follow me"
Us "we're all NPCs"
Gary "oh yeah Okay Undead NPCs"

hehehe

very fun. Great start to our annual vacation which was spent at the camp.

Back