Battlefield Marshals

Collan

To our November players;

In the interest of delivering the very best event we can, given the overwhelming response of the player base, we the deadlands staff have elected to retain some additional NPC marshals - people who will white headband the weekend, and officiate minor complications and misunderstandings, before they require a hold or further discussion that may delay the game and break the majesty of the scenes.

Now, no one on staff wants to miss anything, and you the players have done an outstanding job of volunteering for NPC shifts. With that in mind, we decided to outsource our search for qualified candidates, and what do you know, one was found.

This event, the forces of Void will be standing in as independent marshals on the field - you'll know the difference between the void slave you're meant to slay, and the one you must listen to by the white headband they'll wear (which should admittedly stand out).

Just um, don't swing on the wrong minion, or you'll be roughing the ref, and may gain a suspension... or shatter spirit... we're leaving that up to them to call onsite... you know, to keep things moving (don't worry, Voids' lawyer explained to us that there's plenty of protection in the contract to keep them from abusing this).

Now now now... I know what you're all thinking; asking void to be an impartial judge when there's so much riding on this event may seem like a gross, almost Congressional-Sub-Committee level abuse of authority. That's why we've arranged for them to receive proper training in judgement calls and impartiality from the NHL. Anyone who's watched a Bruins game recently should have a firm grasp of the by the book, unbiased resolution you can expect to receive... from what we hear, our boys are naturals!

So, come excited, check your targets, and rejoice! Quicker calls, fewer holds, and a truly impartial marshal system.

Just one more way we're hoping to deliver for all of you this event.

Cheers,

I'm confused.

Are you being funny when you say the forces fo Void will be standing as impartial judges?

Or are our marshals going to be IG entities somehow?

Also... who are they?

Stephen

George, are you currently or have you been in the recent past on drugs?

No, why do you ask... do you think they would help?

Are you being funny when you say the forces fo Void will be standing as impartial judges?

Or are our marshals going to be IG entities somehow?

Mr. Deutzmann, I believe the most technically accurate answer is neither... there will be no Void marshals, nor other in game marshals, and since no one is laughing, while I may have been attempting to be funny, I was not actually succeeding... c'est la vie.

While I did float the idea of having NHL refs on the field, the hockey fans on staff did... things... to express their displeasure.

tldr version - no refs, no void refs - you're all in the clear :)

Yes, just not where the head is the primary point of contact. And always remember, no hooking, tripping, or charging.

Unless you're from Buffalo.

Then its expected.

#Icanmakehockeyjokesnowtoo :thumbsup:

Back