Beginner's armor help

Obviously...but in a warehouse-sized store where you can't find anyone who works there to help you even though they're wearing bright-orange aprons, it helps to know which section an item is located in, or what other items might be around it.

Warlok said:
Obviously...but in a warehouse-sized store where you can't find anyone who works there to help you even though they're wearing bright-orange aprons, it helps to know which section an item is located in, or what other items might be around it.

just walk to the nearest body (customer service tends to be right by the front door) & ask: welding sheets (which is from $6-11 at Home Depot for 22 Ga and is aisle 13 at my local one)

All electrical box plates should have rounded corners because electric boxes have rounded corners. I took a metal file to mine as well, just to make sure they were free of burrs. In addition, I have a very nice micrometer and checked to see if those plates were legal, which they were. I'm not about to spend 40-60 hours building armor so a martial can go "I know that suit weighs 30 lbs, but I'm going to give it a 2 pt armor rating."

So if you want to be certain your metal is going to stand up to inspection, grab either a micrometer or a piece of 18 gauge metal (to compare with), and a magnet. Aluminum is non-ferrous, so if the magnet doesn't stick to it, it isn't 3 pt armor.

When using large metal plates, you want to make sure there's no way for the plate to "twist" so that a player can land on it's edge, they need to lay flat against the body.

BTW, thanks y'all, the armor worked, survived the weekend and can now be used by more new recruits :)

Back