Beginning the search for an Apprentice

Kasuni

Squire
Greetings All,

I wanted to share that, pending finding the right person, it time for me to take an Apprentice. As I do not know who might be interested in what I have to teach, I wanted to share word of it publicly so those that might like to discuss the option know it is available.

While I am a Celestial Battle Mage, my Apprentice does not need to be. I will ensure the Apprentice receives proper combat training as appropriate.

I propose to teach everything I have learned in my time exploring the many lands of Fortannis. I have built families, fought for kingdoms and justice, written laws, lost homes and loved ones, developed nations. I have learned of service to lands and service to people. I have learned what it means to trust, to form battle tactics, to bring people together.

I am looking for someone to teach it all to, and someone to teach me their perceptions. While I am looking for a student, I would think of that student as a partner, to grow with. I have graduated from an apprenticeship of my own - one that took 12 years of growth. Do not expect to be complete in a matter of months, or even in just a short couple of years. The decision to become an Apprentice is a commitment. I have strong views on what an apprenticeship means, and I would love to have that discussion with interested parties.

The Apprentice I seek must not be a Squire or otherwise sworn to learn from someone else. I would be happy to discuss many matters with individuals who are otherwise commited, but my teaching and expectations will likely conflict with those commitments.

My preference would be that the Apprentice resides primarily in the Maelstrom.

If you are potentially interested in exploring this possibility, please reach out to me. We would begin by sharing a drink to determine if we would be compatible in this capacity.

All of the best,

Kasuni

Last edited:
Hello Kasuni,

We do not know each other well, so I cannot say if such a match would be ideal for either of us. However, I have come to have a great deal of trust in Terren and Aziraphel, and both speak very highly of you. And as someone who is very new to this lifestyle I would be remiss if I did not at least explore such an opportunity.

If you are amenable, I would like to take you up on your offer of a drink - perhaps at the next gather in Enerret? Whether we discover that an apprenticeship makes sense, or simply take the chance to get better acquainted, I believe that either outcome would be valuable.

Best,

Pluvianella Charbonneau

Greetings Plue,

I am genuinely delighted by your potential interest, and will plan to bring an appropriate bottle for us to share in Enerett. I have known Aziraphel for a great many years, since I was quite young. He knows me quite well, and has some knowledge of what I have learned over this time.

I very much look forward to our discussion in Enerett. Whether or not we decide it is the correct fit, I have no doubts that the conversation will be well worthwhile.

All of the best,

Kasuni

I would also be interested in being your Apprentice. I am a bard, always looking to go on adventures so I can tell my tales, and to use my skills to help the town. Yet often I feel that things happen without me - I recently hear about cool things happening that I wish I had the chance to be on. Perhaps you could teach me to be more in tune with the happenings of the town, so that I can get involved in more things. I have many talents, from healing, to singing, to codebreaking, and I would like to ;earn to seek opportunities to use those skills for the benefit of others. If you teach me what you know, then I will be happy to teach you what I know.

-Andrew

Greetings Andrew,

I have seen some of your many talents, and I have certainly found you to be highly specialized in a few areas... I do have to say, I envy your codebreaking and songwriting skills!

I would very much enjoy a chance to sit with you and discuss. I would be interested to hear what lead you to decide to life the life of adventure, what your goals are.

I will be available to connect in Enerett - I look forward to it!

All of the best,

Kasuni

Greetings Kasuni,

While I do not reside in the Maelstrom I have visited a couple times and any time I am in your presence reminded how much I admire you. You show a great deal of confidence and bring so much to the kingdom. I would love to learn from you as best as I can from afar. I do not know how frequently I'll be visiting the maelstrom this year, or you coming to New Acarthia but I would like to shadow you and seek guidance when our paths cross. You are an image of what I hope to one day be.

May the stars guide you,

Lumi Barrit

Greetings Lumi,

I see too much of myself in you to not consider exploring the opportunity, even though you to not reside in the Maelstrom. When we next find ourselves in the same land, let us share a drink and discuss in what capacity I can assist your growth. While a formal apprenticeship may not be possible due to the frequency with which we can meet, you have my guidance whenever you find need of it.

I will ensure I see you soon - perhaps a trip to Acarthia is in order.

All of the best,

Kasuni

Back