Best Class level 10-20 and leading beyond

Yea, something that's important to remember when picking a class/skills to play with is that you actually have to 'play' the skills you pick. Even all the dodges/evades in the world won't make you a 'fast rogue' if you can't/won't enjoy running around. In some ways the 'be all you can't be' slogan is a bit of a misnomer. Sure you can immerse yourself in different personalities but the bottom line is that you need to be happy/enjoy 'living' the character you want to play for 30-40 hours.

While of COURSE there is validity in trying to figure out what your most effective class path is, I plan on going into this with the mindset of buying the stuff that I want to be able to DO. Sure, it might not be sure point efficient, but I'm going to buy the skills and abilities that I want to be able to use in the game, and then purchase whatever class most efficiently hooks me up with that. I'd specialize in whatever weapon you can use most effectively, and think about what you wish you had in combat as far as spells and skills/day go.

I think that once we jump in as NPCs and do a bit of fighting and casting, we'll know exactly what we want to be and from that we can build our skills up. But, that's just one utter noob's opinion.

Totally valid as long as you realize you don't have to put everything you enjoy into one character. If you enjoy alchemy, slays, lifes, and throwing prisons, you're probably better off with 2 or 3 different characters.
Undrask said:
While of COURSE there is validity in trying to figure out what your most effective class path is, I plan on going into this with the mindset of buying the stuff that I want to be able to DO. Sure, it might not be sure point efficient, but I'm going to buy the skills and abilities that I want to be able to use in the game, and then purchase whatever class most efficiently hooks me up with that. I'd specialize in whatever weapon you can use most effectively, and think about what you wish you had in combat as far as spells and skills/day go.

I think that once we jump in as NPCs and do a bit of fighting and casting, we'll know exactly what we want to be and from that we can build our skills up. But, that's just one utter noob's opinion.

True! Can't spread yourself too thin, eh? I'll be leaving an IRL favorite of mine (lock picking and trap making) off of my first character to save points for sure.

Back