Best LARP Video I've Seen

Although it did have some positive points like the typical "show that people from all walks of life play the game, and explain it in an easy to understand manor"... It didn't really do anything for me. I guess maybe I just don't find that kind of LARP attractive. Look a field... look small bouts of combat... I find the Alliance is much more immersive and that's one of our big strengths (IMO). If we ever did get professional video done, I'd hope it would show that fact... and then push our "we have chapters all over the place" factor.

I offered once but no one got back to me. I have a director of photography who has worked in various independent and major motion pictures on board to help. I have directed a handful of independent shorts. So I am still up for it if anyone wants to talk to me about it or I can just do something specific to my local chapter.

Robb Graves said:
Although it did have some positive points like the typical "show that people from all walks of life play the game, and explain it in an easy to understand manor"... It didn't really do anything for me. I guess maybe I just don't find that kind of LARP attractive. Look a field... look small bouts of combat... I find the Alliance is much more immersive and that's one of our big strengths (IMO). If we ever did get professional video done, I'd hope it would show that fact... and then push our "we have chapters all over the place" factor.

I agree, what I think would be interesting is sort of a documentary that follows someone through a weekend. You may end up with lots of usable footage. Imagine it like The Wonder Years you see a scene of someone talking IG about an adventure they're about to go on and every once in a while he looks camera side and talks OOG like breaking the fourth wall. Not so often as to upset action, but enough to let the viewer know what's going on.

"No, I completely disagree with you Baron Sillyname, this man is absolutely innocent!" (Looks camera side) "The Baron there is my bud John...I love when he gets on his high horse and gets all dramatic. Our characters are arguing because that NPC there stole something, little does he know that he stole it for me." (turns back to the action and argument continues)

I think the biggest thing I liked about the posted video was that it was not silly.

I have submitted contracts...been waiting for a while now.

Back