Between game projects?

KyleSchmelz

Fighter
So, I've been ridiculously productive lately. Well, LARP productive anyway. It's a good distraction from real productivity. In the last few weeks, I've done the following:
Started a new chainmail shirt. I got about 1/2 to 2/3 done before running out of jump rings, putting this project on hiatus for now.
Made a new leather pouch.
Made a leather quiver.
Started and half-completed a leather scale armor shirt - I found a good deal on scrap leather and the scraps are just big enough to make the scales the right size. To some extent, I'm ripping off the design from Gandian's armor (sorry!), but it's not a direct copy.
Started a bow (curved the pipe) for Carly.

Here's what I have to do before the next game:
Finish the leather scale shirt. (Check!)
Finish a boffer mace for Carly's spore dryad. (Check!)
Finish Carly's bow, which is serving as a prototype for the next item on the list...
Make a bow for Donna, a new (IIRC) player.

And I'm sure I'll find another project to tack on there before the month is up. In the same vein, Carly's working on sewing a dress (Check!), gloves, and bodice (Check!) for her dryad and she's going to make some fancy prosthetic stuff with latex once the supplies get here.

Believe it or not, I'm not just posting this to show off (mostly) - what is everyone else doing for the game lately? Making some new weapons? Repairing old ones? Sewing up some costuming? I know I'm not the only one with too much time on my hands...

Also, just to get off a quick shameless promotion, I make custom boffers if anyone's interested. I don't typically work with ultralight materials (SDR-11 CPVC is just as good for short weapons), but with enough notice, I can get the supplies. Despite the other projects, I am taking orders... ;)

The household (Josh, Nathan and Andrea) has been on boffer construction and fixing lately. Got about half a dozen long swords and as many daggers and Short Swords all useable now.

I still have plenty of sewing to do, 4 Shirts, 3 cloaks.

And I want to work on my spell book some, I'd like to make a new rep for myself.

I suck at just about anything that includes hand crafting so my projects tend to be different in nature (plus as the owner I have lots of things to do)

Chapter stuff wise, I've been doing a good chunk of work on Race Packets with the plot staff (reviewing to make sure stuff fits whats been put out there etc.) As well as a special project that cannot be shared until completed, although a good number of folks knows what that is.

Pcing wise I've been working on a card game that my bunny has created, and um, does working to make money to hire talented people to make your stuff count?

Been working on refurbishing a few cosplays for Detour recently. After that I've got a few things I need to do:

- Style the new wig, put some prosthetic mixed in
- Practice makeup techniques for the face
- put waylay tips on the staff
- Resew/touch up the brown robe
- Ad detailing to the pants (maybe)

All that in a week though. I suppose I should get started sooner than later.

Making sure all the production items of the Keepers are properly physrepped, cutting all the scrolls, filling vials, making alchemy packets, arrow packets, spell packets, etc.

I'm also putting some finishing touches to Cho Ko Nu's costume, and trying to determine how to make leather/fur-ish style coverings for my shoes to make them look like boots.

Also need to make new boffers, but that's on the to-do list.

I've been getting all my reps to working condition again. Also, if anyone has a light snowboard they don't want anymore, please PM me. I need one for detour.

I have made about 300 spell packets to donate and almost 50 arrow packets. I am working on a pouch for myself and a bag. Tho I don't think the bag will be done in time.

I like to make custom LARP gear (the vast majority of Gandian's gear was custom-built just for him), and I've been making stuff lately as well:
• Boffer crossbow
• Shield (using a nonstandard method, so I hope it passes)
• Props for the High Orcs vs. Trolls mini-event
• Another Dagger
• Masks for Elemental Knights of Stone, Ice, and Flame
• Alliance-ready very audible trap reps (but no, there aren't traps at the Fight Practice tomorrow)
• Probably more.

The following are projects that are soon-to-be completed:
• Mask for an Elemental Knight of Lightning
• New UL longsword for Gandian
• New UL short sword for Gandian
• Long club (for my Alt)
• Tree-bark looking leather bracers (for my Alt)
• Drawstring backpack (for my Alt)
• A Shield for Al

You crafty people make me jealous.

I cannot do anything crafts wise... at all. I'd end up burning myself with something or cutting myself with another thing, (I tend to always get hurt. I feel like we should make our camp grounds, Haley Proof. xD )
Soo... While you guys are all being awesome and making all this fun stuff I've done nothing but buy a ton of new summer costumes. I don't know how many corset dresses a girl needs, but jeez I've got a closet full. It'll be unlikely I'll wear the same thing twice in a season. That is very sad.. I know.

I really wish I could make cute pouches and swords! Grr, perhaps one day I'll be able to make a semi functional one.

Remember, kids. It's not a project until someone's bleeding. :thumbsup:

Miss_Katira said:
Soo... While you guys are all being awesome and making all this fun stuff I've done nothing but buy a ton of new summer costumes. I don't know how many corset dresses a girl needs, but jeez I've got a closet full. It'll be unlikely I'll wear the same thing twice in a season. That is very sad.. I know.

I wouldn't feel bad, my Barrister has about 5 different fully fleshed out outfits now (None of them corset dresses, although the robe might confuse people in bad lighting I guess). I've actually gotten some very cool RP showing up to Saturday dinner in a different outfit when people notice. "What, you didn't think I was going to wear that same outfit all weekend did you? The duke will be arriving soon!"

Yay! Now I don't feel so strange having tons of outfits. ^^ and I think you should Invest in a corset dress. ;) haha I kid.

I've been working on some props and costumes for Detour mostly.
Larpwise I've got a bunch of weapons, armor, masks to make.

Miss_Katira said:
Yay! Now I don't feel so strange having tons of outfits. ^^ and I think you should Invest in a corset dress. ;) haha I kid.

I am officially starting a collection to procure said corset dress for the owner! He needs all the "support" he can get XD

Do it! Everyone should donate. ;D

Ryan,

I'd like to make a donation to the "seeing dave in a dress again at the castle" fund. How do I go about it?

As for over the winter projects, I've been busy writting down some npc backgrounds and preparing plot. I also finally wrote the card for "Metal-Fern" and will have it ready in case plot ever needs it. :p

I've also been working on a new costume for 2 new characters I have in the works.

Paul

I don't know what happened at the Castle Event but do yo ureally want to see Jehyu in a dress? Also, if Metal-Fern is opposite of normal Fern, would Metal-Fern be good? :whistle:

I kid, I kid.

Ryan,

3 words to summon up epic mental images of the event:

Dark

Elf

Matron

I've said too much :p

As for Metal Fern it came about as an excuse for Steven and I to run around a battlefield on the same side (for once) without me having to change my costuming.

I'll ignore the comment about my allignment, no sense in fanning your flames.... jerk :p

Paul- Oh you know Asher thinks you're the goodliest of goodly people in Hope's Reach.

Back to between game projects-- Currently making sure the new getup doesn't resemble the Dryad version of David Bowie.

Back