Biata and Celestial Circles

twilsemail

Artisan
How close does a Biata need to get to a celestial circle to be uncomfortable? I'm sure there's no hard-set rule, but I figure that people who've been around longer than I have likely have some experience on the subject. Does it vary by the strength of the circle?

It's not hard set. I used to start getting extra irritable and irrational within about 10 feet of the building where I knew it was, then start acting gradually like I was getting hit with a Drain the closer I got to it.

I never really treated strength of circle as any difference. And whenever someone later pointed out that X magic I was around (which was a general spell) was celestially cast, I'd just shrug at them and verbally chalk it up to being general aspect magic.

It's hard to come up with exact rules, because we don't want to have people standing there with a tape measure telling players they're not playing their race properly.

We can assume that various things can affect the effect -- that some biata are more sensitive than others and so on.

However, you have to show some discomfort; you can't build up an immunity like it's iocane powder.

Fearless Leader said:
However, you have to show some discomfort; you can't build up an immunity like it's iocane powder.

That would take years even if you could

Cool beans. Thanks everyone. I figured it was another "play it by ear" aspect of Alliance, with a dash of Wheaton's Law tossed in for good measure.

Note to self: Invest in iocane powder and start developing a tolerance. Just in case.

Back