Big thanks!

Thanks to the Chicago Alliance team for putting together not just a great season closer this weekend but a great season. I know I came in on the second half of it but I have had a blast playing with you guys and I'm really looking forward to next season already. Thanks to the NPC's who really took a beating this past weekend, but you guys showed a lot of heart and got the job done, and did it well. Thanks to Paul for killing himself all weekend to keep it moving and well paced, and for switching in and out of rolls very fast and very well. The plot team: Great season and a fun closer to be sure. Great variety of stuff to deal with all weekend, and a fun storyline to run through.
Anyway, just wanted to be the first to offer up my appreciation of the efforts that this chapter has put forth. You guys don't hear it often enough, but you run a great game, and we thank you for all that you do to make my weekend escapes something to always look forward to when they're on the horizon and hate leaving on sunday morning.

Jeff
aka that damnable gypsy guy

I have to give a heartfelt echo and similar thanks to all the folks, NPC's, staff, plot, marshals and everyone who contributes to making the Chicago game as good and fun an adventure as it is. Even more so than Ralph I came in at the very end of your season but even with two events I've really enjoyed the plot that you've allowed me to jump into and of course the constant and endless beatings to and from everyone. :D I strongly look forward to the next spring and getting the chance to continue participating as my life allows me in the Chicago game.

And in particular for the man, you done good Paul.

Additionally I thought I might as well continue on the thread of a positive note and post my favorites from this last event!

For starters getting there in time to actually attend opening ceremonies! Usually I've only gotten to Chicago after the game stars, but thanks to speedy driving I was able to be there a little bit sooner. Even if I did miss the first undead fight... darn you Durl...

Rescuing Cessi and the hour and a half desperate battle to hold the fort. THAT was one of the more epic fights/encounters I've been part of. Hearing and seeing Obliterates, Shatter Spirits, and Destroy Magic's go flying amidst the fighting just made things awesomely intense. Huge shout out to NPC guys who spawned as the endless hordes of Dark Elves pressing down on us. It really felt like fighting a small army.

Spellstrike... Magic Armor! :D Count on Ralph to add some laughs into anything. Getting Dark Elf Reavers from the scroll we found the first time the Dragon Mage apprentice went down, awesome! Reminding Yonki that DA's and Reavers don't stack and then still hearing him call 15's... Also although brief the tabletop RP with house Koshinara, always so much fun.

RP with the Pumpkin King, thinking seriously about character background with questions like deepest fears. RP with so many of the players all weekend long. Durl, Yonki, Liddia, Elli, Ralph and others.

Wrecking so many things with Yonki doing the Rogue circle dance, and the awesome benefits of a shield. And the various different affects and final Transform with the gourds was a lot of fun. Big thanks again and again to the NPC's for being absolute champs with the fights in there.

And finally at the very end of the day Sunday casting the sword with Liddia and getting to put to work the knowledge I have gleaned from watching other skilled ritualists (like Cedric and Elrion) to advise Liddia and work with her to make the sword. I am not a serious formalist (Yet! :p ) But I LOVE ritual RP and being able to be part of that was fantastic, not to mention the fact that it all went well too.

There were highs and lows as with many/any event, but I had a very enjoyable weekend and I'll miss many of ya'll during the off season as school fully devours life...

Sorry this took so long, but I had to get ready to travel again, lol
I had fun at the event. It was different to what I was use to, but I talk with someone recently that said we should celebrate what's different and bring alliance up together as a whole. Faviorte mod by far was the elemental void mod. That was alot of fun, and then when we got stuck, we had really make it happen. I also liked having to hold off endless waves of darkelves on that "ya, you guys will probally die" mod. good times, and enjoyed seeing alot of old friends.

till we meet again,
Brooks

Back