Bigger Brood Problem

Eldandiril

Scout
Chicago Staff
It has come to my attention that, we may have a deeper problem with these bugs than before. You see I received a Pigeon from Ractor today, that said that those of us that were once infected by the brood may need to be identified again... I fear this means that some of us may still be infected... ... ... ... ... He said, No sure thing about killing brood unless it pops out... ... . . . . . . .

Nasty bug things, that infest people and then grow inside them and then once they're grown inside you, they burst from your chest... some times they leave enough to life you but others don't... these don't. They entwine themselves around your organs.

Eldandiril.....who were infested with brood things? Are wicked bug things going to pop out of your chest any time soon?! Say nye please!

I was infected, I guess it may still happen.... but I need to get identified to know for sure....

Brood responds differently depending on the Mists. Sometimes triage doctors can recognize the signs of infestation in the field, other times the victim must be brought to a permanent Celestial Circle and be identified. In either case, it's never certain when a broodling will erupt from their host or even if they will. As Eldandiril said, it is also uncertain whether the pain of a hatching broodling cracks a person's spirit instantaneously or merely kills them allowing time for a Life spell. In any case, it is important to realize who might be carrying such a parasite and, at the very least, have them under surveilance. Who else might be infected?

If Brood are infesting Wayside we will need to prepare. Poison Shields will be useful against their paralytic venom, as will Purify potions and Dispel scrolls. We'd be best served stockpiling these items. I have a few Purify potions, but none of the rest. Is there a Potion or Scroll maker who has any of these in stock?

Dramthin Hartsboon
Simple Keeper of the Tainted Grove

I don't remember who besides myself had been infected that day... and all I can offer is to work on stock piling poison shields.... It was scary being infected while awake... any one else think they might be infected?

dont worry togashin and i will take care of it, elle yourself togashin and i can work out the details, perhaps diversion and 2man hit and run? ill work the details out abit before hand

Umm, sorry Cazik, but I'm not going into that cave with just you two. If you guys want to run down there and not come back I will gladly bring you blankets at the Earth Circle... but honestly, I think it's suicide.... I mean I have to agree with Khale on this one (not that you guys aren't competant but just because there is a WHOLE FIELD of BROOD, certain lines have to be drawn and not crossed).

Alas, While we at the Order strive to do as much good as possible, we must acknowledge that this threat is beyond our current skill. However, should a group form to enter the caves, we would offer our services for triage and healing.

It is so sad to see how quick people are to back away from a threat.

Or is it sad to see how easily people will dive into things way over there head. Indeed life may be given back after times of great injury but does that mean that life should be disrespected so?

I have personaly never met a man until now who was not reasured to hear that there was a capable team standing by to assist the wounded.

I meant no disrespect to Lurin or your group. I understand you are less experienced and i do not expect you to be so willing to go up against such a great evil.
I was referring to the people that are more experienced then myself that take the attitude of "if there not attacking the town it's not important", yet there are people that are in direct danger.

I am greatfull for any help your order can offer even if it is just healing.

I was referring to the people that are more experienced then myself that take the attitude of "if there not attacking the town it's not important", yet there are people that are in direct danger. I am greatfull for any help your order can offer even if it is just healing.

He was making an attempt at indirectly pointing his finger at me from my previous statement it seems.

While my sword and I share the same taste for violence we also know our limits. My sword and I take particular action against undead...its because we know that beast. Whilest we know of the Kathyrid it also means we have fought the Kathyrid before many of you learned to pick up a sword or invoke the powers of even a cure light wounds or magic missile... we also know that when battling them comes great casualties.. and they breed like rats.
fool yourself not, Im not saying I wont fight them I just WONT go into a nest of them when I have people who are unsure of their own ability.

If I had my say in the matter, I would take myself, Lord Cross, the Wild Elf from the last market day, Kitsuki, Hennessey and the Order of the Earthen Fist to go battle these monsters.

The Kathyrid have plagued Fortannis for longer then many have been alive.

so my suggestion as evidenced not only by me but even folks such as Casan and others who have fought Kathyrid know.. you move towns.. find a dragon mage or you have some greater power take care of the problem lest you have some ingenous plan that allows passage to the heart of the nest and you come riddled with Massive Mechanic traps across not only your but every in the adventuring parties form.

Kathyrid are the true name of Brood.

My apologies Togashin, I was to quick to speak. As I read more into what you were saying I realized it was indeed not what I had assumed. It appears my dreams are filled with much discussion that does not alway happen in the correct order.

Togashin,

To tell you the truth, I just can't bring myself to rush into somthing I KNOW I can't handle... I have nothing to protect me from their paralyzing claws and I don't see myself wanting to watch my brother and friends fall to the brood to be infested. Until we have a solid plan on how we can weaken them and keep from being paralyzed we shouldn't just rush into a Brood Cave.

I'm sorry, it's just crazy...

I stand by my original suggestion of archers an flaming arrows. I would be willing to give what gold I can to make up for lost crops. I say we burn the field and the brood with it. We set up defensive posts around the field to take care of anything that attempts to run. After that we can send in sappers to close the tunnels. Then we can set about checking to see if they've dug up anywhere else.

May we forever be free peoples,
Hennessy

Back