Blackmoon Sentinels Invitation

Darkcrescent

Baron
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Over the last market and a half the Blackmoon Sentinels have acknowledged the skill and prowess of the Adventurers of Prademar and would like to extend an offering to join our ranks.

What are the Blackmoon Sentinels you ask? We are a group of elite Monster Slayers that specialize in the hunting and consumption of various magical creatures of Gavaria that tend to be a threat to public safety if their numbers were too great. We also deal in small mercenary work, but that is normally regulated to Copper or Silver Sentinels.

You mentioned Copper and Silver, is there a ranking system? There in fact is. The Blackmoon Sentinels display their skill by wearing trinkets around their neck in the material of their rank. The entry level is Copper, then Silver, followed by Gold, Platinum and finally Moridium as the highest rank. Very few make their way to Moridium rank but it does have multiple benefits within the organization.

Are there benefits for other ranks? Why yes there are. For those who feel you can take on the might of an adult dragon, know you will require a permit, which requires a Gold Sentinel to be leading the expedition. This proves you are of the required skill to take out these beast and collect the vast rewards their parts are known for.

Some of you have noticed the WANTED Posters we've supplied to The Hissing Chicken, these are supplied by the Blackmoon Sentinels. If you have followed up with these bounties, you are qualified for Copper rank. Some were given a special task to prove themselves, this would qualify you as well.

The more task completed or more demonstrations of your skills the higher you may rise among our ranks.

If you had participated in these hunts or task while in Gavaria, please seek out to nearest chapter houses as we may record and log your involvement. On behalf of the leaders of the Blackmoon Sentinels:

Lady Celeste Embries
Lady Luffia Whisperwind
Lord Dorian Goldvine

They bid you happy hunting,

Astra
Platinum Sentinel

[OOG: If you participated in the above mentioned task this last market, please send Plot an email with the mods/task you participated in at plot@chicagoalliancelarp.com to be recorded]

Astra,

What type of metal is Moridium? I have never heard of it before. Is it akin to sky metal?

Thank you,
Lady FallingStar

Lady FallingStar,
Moridium is the pride of Gavaria found in the central mountains. It is a glassy mint green colored ore that is able to hold magic quite well. All Spirit Walk and March of the Untiring items have Moridium as it's base. It's very rare and thus quite valuable but the Garrett Trading Company has the majority of the Ore which they use to make trinkets, rings and sword hilts out of.

A Moridium Sentinel receives their token and the 3 co-leads imbue an item with a near infinite March of the Untiring effect, allow our most skilled members to intercept the more gravest of problems should it arise.

- Astra

Astra,

Thank you for that information. Prademar doesn't have moridium and it sounds to be a very interesting ore indeed. Especially it's connection to transportation formal magics. I wonder if it has other astrological properties as well.

Lady FallingStar

Do the Sentinels have a place for researchers of monstrosities? I myself am but a fledgling, but I have taken to exploring Celestial magics in the pursuit of knowledge. I don't know how the Blackmoon Sentinels deal with other allegiances, as I am a member of the Atishi Militia. I hope that would not be an issue, as the militia and the Sentinels seem to have tangential goals. I would be honored to be of service.

-Tel'rendiir Baeryth

Tel’rendir,

Think of the Sentinels as a collection of individuals not bound by service. The only legal footing Sentinels have jurisdiction over is the hunting of dragons. Otherwise it is a place for those looking for work gather and information to be shared.

We have vast collections of strengths and weaknesses of creatures as well as how to utilize each part of a creature for various needs.

Members range from commoners to nobility. Within the halls of our chapters station does not matter outside of your status within the Sentinels. What matters is strength and resourcefulness. In truth the 3 leaders of the Sentinels are the ones who everyone must follow their direction. Those few of Moridium rank are followed out of respect and the honor of their station.

In short, all may join the Sentinels but not all may have what it takes to reach Gold, Platinum or even Moridium rank. Those who wish to prove me wrong, I welcome you!

Astra

Astra,

Thank you for the invitation then and allow me to rank among the many brave spirits who keep Gavaria safe from monstrosities.

Tel'rendiir

Again, for those interested, I shall be heading into town late Friday of next market. I have some things to bestow on individuals.

- Astra

Astra,

After our meeting not long ago at the Sentinels Guildhouse in Atish, I look forward to speaking with you about this. Thank you again, for meeting with me, and I look forward to continuing my work as a Copper Sentinel, to further the safety of Gavaria. I hope that poor Vornae woman didn't have too much of a headache.

Sincerely yours,
Korē Morleth

Back