Blankets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikorisu

Artisan
I saw somewhere that I can buy 3 months of goblin blankets if I have the goblin points. Is that still true of I'm a new player who just joined? And if so, how much XP would that net a new player?

Hi Nikorisu,

That is correct. Each chapter can technically set the amount they would like to require for monthly blankets. The standard is 30 goblin stamps per month. You can buy it back even if you are brand new. The requirement is that it is your character's home chapter. You can buy back the 3 months previous to the current month, so June, July, and August, as well as the current month, September. The XP is dependent on the character but each month is one logistics period. A frame of reference is a standard weekend is 2 logistics periods.

I hope this helps!

Norman,

The Goblin Stamp cost for blankets is fixed by the ARB. It's a flat 30 per blanket.

That's for monthly blankets (which I guess is, in fact, at the chapter's discretion). Event Points (event blankets) are 30 per logistics period.

ARB:

Event Points: You may trade in your Goblin Points to receive Experience Points for any event your character did not attend. These Experience Points can only be awarded if your player did not receive any XP at that event. For example, if you were an NPC for a weekend event, you may use your Goblin Points to buy Experience Points for your character for that event. You cannot do this if you were a PC there. The Goblin Point cost for Event Points is sixty per regular event. A long weekend will cost ninety Goblin Points. Remember that you can only get these Event Points if your character did not attend the event.

Ok, if I were to become a member a few months early, say in December, but I wasn't able to start coming to events until April or May, could I buy blankets for December, three months back, January through April? Assuming I had the goblin points to do so. Or would I only be able to buy blankets for months in which events took place?

You'll have to set it up with SoMN staff, but you should be able to start a membership early and do exactly like you said. We do have a couple events scheduled for the remainder of the year, but if you can't make it out to either of those and still want to get some goblins, you can probably arrange to drop off donations with someone if you're anywhere close to the Twin Cities.

That's for monthly blankets (which I guess is, in fact, at the chapter's discretion). Event Points (event blankets) are 30 per logistics period.

ARB:

Event Points: You may trade in your Goblin Points to receive Experience Points for any event your character did not attend. These Experience Points can only be awarded if your player did not receive any XP at that event. For example, if you were an NPC for a weekend event, you may use your Goblin Points to buy Experience Points for your character for that event. You cannot do this if you were a PC there. The Goblin Point cost for Event Points is sixty per regular event. A long weekend will cost ninety Goblin Points. Remember that you can only get these Event Points if your character did not attend the event.

He specifically asked about Monthly Blankets. I was informing him based on his original question.

Thank you Kyle.

He asked for "Goblin blankets," which technically aren't a thing.

I inferred he was referring to standard event blankets, which are covered in the ARB.

We're getting nitpicky. The question is answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back